Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
21-12-2013
Med's Done....
Mailed together with aplication
sophieee said:
Hi Jen and Scarlet, I've added your basic information to the spreadsheet, if there is anything else you want to share, please send me a PM!
Thank you very much Sophieee!!!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Rusalka said:
Does anybody travel abroad while waiting for PR? If yes - how high are risks ? And did you meet problems?
the risk is being denied re-entry into canada. while the chances are slim for visa exempt pr applicants, there is still a chance. if this happens your application is cancelled, and you have no right to an appeal. any implied status you currently have will end the minute you leave canada. also, if you have an approved extension of stay, it is not guaranteed the approved date will be honored on re-entry. technically, the extension is suppose to end when you leave canada.

MiriMinBC

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
rhcohen2014 said:
the risk is being denied re-entry into canada. while the chances are slim for visa exempt pr applicants, there is still a chance. if this happens your application is cancelled, and you have no right to an appeal. any implied status you currently have will end the minute you leave canada. also, if you have an approved extension of stay, it is not guaranteed the approved date will be honored on re-entry. technically, the extension is suppose to end when you leave canada.
^^This. I went to my sister's wedding in May in my hometown in NY. On our way back we did get a hassle at the border. We were all exhausted after a 5.5 hour flight to Seattle and a drive to the border. And our 4 year old was done and screaming her face off. We were told I could be refused entry but they let us go anyway. I did lodge a complaint because I overheard the officer say, "get that *censored word*ing brat out of here.". Well, has you not left us sitting for 35 minutes at 11pm while you did...nothing, my kid probably wouldn't have been screaming her face off.

Point being, they can deny you re-entry. To us it was worth the risk for family. Funerals or weddings or imminent death from illness, my husband and I agreed the risk would be worth it. Shopping at the outlet stores that are super popular just over the border? Not so much.

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
PCC waived, Fingerprints 06/02/14
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014 in Edmonton
Rusalka said:
Does anybody travel abroad while waiting for PR? If yes - how high are risks ? And did you meet problems?
If you have status then it's not a problem (I had my PGWP and that was the only thing they asked for at the airport)

Scarlett_R

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
21-12-2013
Med's Done....
Mailed together with aplication
This is something I've been wondering for a while too.

My sister is getting married in January and I will have to fly down to Chile. By then, I should have my AIP and also my OWP but I am a little bit nervous since my partner won't be able to come with me... Should I be worried or should it be ok?

Also, I have a job offer for when I get my OWP so I will request a letter from my employer saying that I need to get back to my job, just in case...

Rusalka

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rhcohen2014, thank you for reply. It is very sad. And antihuman:(

MiriMinBC, thank you! I don t care about outlets. I speak mostly about visiting my parents in Eastern Europe and also about family vacations on Hawaii, Disneyland, etc. I have three Canadian children, and they can not go anywhere because of this process:(

Bruneian, thank you, what do you mean by status? I am from visa country, so I am here by visa and received also prolongation of visa. So I am officially have right to be here. Does it help? I have no OWP, because I was not planning to work next 3-5 years and didn t apply for it:(

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
MiriMinBC said:
^^This. I went to my sister's wedding in May in my hometown in NY. On our way back we did get a hassle at the border. We were all exhausted after a 5.5 hour flight to Seattle and a drive to the border. And our 4 year old was done and screaming her face off. We were told I could be refused entry but they let us go anyway. I did lodge a complaint because I overheard the officer say, "get that *censored word*ing brat out of here.". Well, has you not left us sitting for 35 minutes at 11pm while you did...nothing, my kid probably wouldn't have been screaming her face off.

Point being, they can deny you re-entry. To us it was worth the risk for family. Funerals or weddings or imminent death from illness, my husband and I agreed the risk would be worth it. Shopping at the outlet stores that are super popular just over the border? Not so much.
What did the officers hassle you about? What reason did they give that they would deny you entry? Sorry to hear about your experience.

I went to Europe with my partner for a couple weeks. On our way back there was no hassle at immigration, they only thing the officer was concerned about was that she hadn't overstayed her original visitor visa. She is from a visa exempt country. It really didn't seem to be a big deal that we left for vacation.

MiriMinBC

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Linden said:
What did the officers hassle you about? What reason did they give that they would deny you entry? Sorry to hear about your experience.

I went to Europe with my partner for a couple weeks. On our way back there was no hassle at immigration, they only thing the officer was concerned about was that she hadn't overstayed her original visitor visa. She is from a visa exempt country. It really didn't seem to be a big deal that we left for vacation.
Likely it's because I don't have my AIP. All I had was my letter saying my app was received and in process. He wanted to know why it was dated May 2013 and this was May 2914 and it's all I had still. I said I don't know it's taking so long and he got a litttle angry.

I also assume my screaming kid set him on edge. She has sensory issues, it was dark out and she was asleep in the car and suddenly into a very bright building after a long flight and car drive. So she just became unglued. When that happens there is no comforting her.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Today is ortom's day...... ;)

*fingers crossed*

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
PISS ME OFF!!!
CIC still make my nation mistake ... i am taiwanese but they put me at china ... now have to wait them change to sent me landing letter

jen1975

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-03-2014....CPC-M
Med's Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
14-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2013...(DM)
LANDED..........
26-08-2014 in Montreal
yata520 said:
PISS ME OFF!!!
CIC still make my nation mistake ... i am taiwanese but they put me at china ... now have to wait them change to sent me landing letter
Thank you................

What Happen Now ?

What is the delay ?

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
jen1975 said:
Thank you................

What Happen Now ?

What is the delay ?
no ... it just have to change it , so i sent my passport 2 pages to them and correct them stuff ... and then have to wait ~ maybe 3 week maybe 4 weeks... dunno wish i can get in ASAP

jen1975

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-03-2014....CPC-M
Med's Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
14-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2013...(DM)
LANDED..........
26-08-2014 in Montreal
yata520 said:
no ... it just have to change it , so i sent my passport 2 pages to them and correct them stuff ... and then have to wait ~ maybe 3 week maybe 4 weeks... dunno wish i can get in ASAP
Don't worry it will be over soon, you always find when things a coming to the end it takes forever.

have faith ............