+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

ronair

May 3, 2011
Hello guys..im new in this topic and would like to ask if how long does it take before my receive for medical for spousal sponshorship inside canada.thanks

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
Mrs_Canuck said:
I applied a few days after you mentioned applying for your notes. I scrolled down and it says "Notes:0. 0 Notes." I did not include a consent form from my spouse though it looks like they are only giving me information on my sponsorship application. I guess this means I should have sent a consent form. I'm just not sure what this means... I'm hoping it means they see no reason for an interview as I feel they would have contacted me already if there was a need for one...

Ugh. Confused.
Yeah, not including the consent form may be the reason for not having the full notes coz I have read some posts where ppl were not given the full notes for this very reason. I should be getting mine this week and will let you know if mine include anything or not since, I sent my app.after you.

ronair

May 3, 2011
Hi buds..just a quick question..how long did it take before you get medical referral for spousal sponsorship inside canada..thanks

Dec 18, 2012
ronair said:
Hi buds..just a quick question..how long did it take before you get medical referral for spousal sponsorship inside canada..thanks
Do you mean how long until we got AIP and request for the medical exam? If so, it was about 10 months before we got AIP and we sent the application around the middle of January 2013.

Dec 18, 2012
Ponga said:
Were you instructed by CIC to have an RCMP letter???

Inland applications require fingerprints be sent to the home country of the applicant (or each country where s/he has lived for 6 months or more since age 18).
I was under the impression that Canadian police checks were NOT required unless requested.

If, for example, your partner/spouse lived in the US, the fingerprints would need to be mailed to the FBI in West Virginia for them to process. The current processing time is about 10 weeks.
Yea the request is really just for fingerprints.

bananna

Star Member
Feb 19, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila FRC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Sep-2016
Doc's Request.
03-Jan-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 15-Sep-2016; <br> SA ECAS: 27-Oct-2016 <br>AOR2 SA 10-Nov-2016 <br>AOR3 PA: 02-Nov-2016
File Transfer...
10-Nov-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-Aug-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
10-Feb-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-Feb-2017 : Stamped by 22-Feb-2017
LANDED..........
Soon!!
Hi guys,

This forum is overwhelming but I know it's the best place to go for information.

I'm currently a Canadian PR and I'm back in school until June. I have a job waiting for my in July and the school year of September as a preschool teacher.

I got married last December 21, 2012 and returned to Canada in March. We didn't know if we could begin the sponsorship process while I was unemployed. We didn't take the gamble. I started school in September. I miss my husband very much.

We are planning to do an inland sponsorship. I understand the wait could be 2 years, and he will depend on me the whole time, I understand and I am okay with that.

My husband doesn't fly a lot. He is afraid of flying, and after 15+ years, he finally took a plane ride from Hong Kong and back to Manila.

This August, I am planning to go home the whole month, and bring him back with me on a tourist Visa.

I have several concerns really, especially when he lands. We want to be honest as possible but I don't want them to refuse him entry into the country.

He does have land in his name in the philippines, and he has a business in his name as well. We were thinking his family could apply as a family for a tourist visa.

What should we be prepared for? I am so nervous, my fingers are getting so cold as I type this. I don't want to traumatize him, and I want to do it properly and just be with him already. It's not healthy for our marriage to be apart for so long. :(

Thank in in advance for all your help...

much love..

RRSweet

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
computergeek said:
You can certainly send it along to CIC, but unless they asked for it, you wasted your money - that's why the directions say you must submit a PCC for every country except Canada in which the applicant has lived for six months since the age of 18. CIC gets the information directly from RCMP normally. They only need fingerprint based records when there is a partial match for the biographical data.

If they asked for it, they normally provide you with directions on how to submit it to them.
Hey guys,

So everyone is required to submit fingerprints? I thought they just required a police record from anywhere you lived for more than 6 months (except Canada)? We only submitted a police record from my husband's home country. Can someone clarify this?

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
bananna said:
Hi guys,

This forum is overwhelming but I know it's the best place to go for information.

I'm currently a Canadian PR and I'm back in school until June. I have a job waiting for my in July and the school year of September as a preschool teacher.

I got married last December 21, 2012 and returned to Canada in March. We didn't know if we could begin the sponsorship process while I was unemployed. We didn't take the gamble. I started school in September. I miss my husband very much.

We are planning to do an inland sponsorship. I understand the wait could be 2 years, and he will depend on me the whole time, I understand and I am okay with that.

My husband doesn't fly a lot. He is afraid of flying, and after 15+ years, he finally took a plane ride from Hong Kong and back to Manila.

This August, I am planning to go home the whole month, and bring him back with me on a tourist Visa.

I have several concerns really, especially when he lands. We want to be honest as possible but I don't want them to refuse him entry into the country.

He does have land in his name in the philippines, and he has a business in his name as well. We were thinking his family could apply as a family for a tourist visa.

What should we be prepared for? I am so nervous, my fingers are getting so cold as I type this. I don't want to traumatize him, and I want to do it properly and just be with him already. It's not healthy for our marriage to be apart for so long. :(

Thank in in advance for all your help...

much love..
Hi bananna! I feel your frustration, this forum is very helpful and has helped a lot of us to understand what we are going through! It's tough to tell what the "real" timelines are like for inland apps since all the situations that has impacted in 2013 like the typhoon, the strikes and what not. Our application is currently 10+ months but I'm thankful to be with my partner, I couldn't imagine the pain of you missing your hubby!

For his flying fears, why don't you suggest him to go take up a class for people who are afraid of flying or even taking up hypnotherapy if you believe in that. Flying is much safer than driving even any other form of transportation! Just keep in mind there are also some drugs like gravol which can make him relax more! :)

As of landing I am not too sure yet, we are still waiting for good news here, so I don't wanna come up with misleading information - hopefully someone else with that experience can give you some hope and expectations as well. But don't worry, things will most likely always sort out in the end of the day, worrying is only gonna get the best of you. We are here to help each other. Good luck and have a good night :)

bananna

Star Member
Feb 19, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila FRC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Sep-2016
Doc's Request.
03-Jan-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 15-Sep-2016; <br> SA ECAS: 27-Oct-2016 <br>AOR2 SA 10-Nov-2016 <br>AOR3 PA: 02-Nov-2016
File Transfer...
10-Nov-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-Aug-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
10-Feb-2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon!!
Line.a said:
Hi bananna! I feel your frustration, this forum is very helpful and has helped a lot of us to understand what we are going through! It's tough to tell what the "real" timelines are like for inland apps since all the situations that has impacted in 2013 like the typhoon, the strikes and what not. Our application is currently 10+ months but I'm thankful to be with my partner, I couldn't imagine the pain of you missing your hubby!

For his flying fears, why don't you suggest him to go take up a class for people who are afraid of flying or even taking up hypnotherapy if you believe in that. Flying is much safer than driving even any other form of transportation! Just keep in mind there are also some drugs like gravol which can make him relax more! :)

As of landing I am not too sure yet, we are still waiting for good news here, so I don't wanna come up with misleading information - hopefully someone else with that experience can give you some hope and expectations as well. But don't worry, things will most likely always sort out in the end of the day, worrying is only gonna get the best of you. We are here to help each other. Good luck and have a good night :)
Oh wow, just getting a reply is actually helping with the nerves! Thank you so much. I see that you are done with the sponsorship based on your signature, congratulations!

My fear really lies with the airport when he lands here, even if he gets a tourist visa.. how much do we disclose? Should I show copies of the forms we'll be filing? I really am so confused since inland sponsorship is allowed, but they seem to be quite strict with tourist visas.

Regarding his flying, he is prepared to fly with me, as long as I am on the flight with him. I would just be crushed if they send him back as refusal for entry knowing that he is married to a canadian PR. People say to be honest and some people say not to declare anything.. I can only hope that someone with this experience can shed some light on this..

I appreciate it very much.

Thank you..

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
bananna said:
My fear really lies with the airport when he lands here, even if he gets a tourist visa.. how much do we disclose? Should I show copies of the forms we'll be filing? I really am so confused since inland sponsorship is allowed, but they seem to be quite strict with tourist visas.
If he has a TRV, he's not likely to run into trouble at the border. The key is to have a return ticket and answer questions they ask honestly but without volunteering extra information. So if they ask why he's visiting, he can say it's to visit family in Canada (which is true). He doesn't need to volunteer your relationship. They might ask (in which case he needs to answer honestly) but if he has a TRV and a return ticket, there's no real reason for them to delve in further.

bananna said:
Regarding his flying, he is prepared to fly with me, as long as I am on the flight with him. I would just be crushed if they send him back as refusal for entry knowing that he is married to a canadian PR. People say to be honest and some people say not to declare anything.. I can only hope that someone with this experience can shed some light on this..
I agree: be honest. Don't lie to an officer. But don't volunteer information beyond what the officer is asking. One tactic that can work well with CBSA is to show that you intend to sponsor by showing a copy of the fee paid receipt. I wouldn't volunteer that, but if they ask questions, it's a good thing to be able to show to demonstrate your serious intent. CBSA officers tend to be more lenient with married couples than CIC officers from what I can tell.

Of course, the most important thing is to be comfortable with what you are going to tell the officer. If either of you is fearful or appears evasive you could be in for a much longer examination (note that you, as a PR, does not have to tolerate interrogation. You have a legal right of entry. But your spouse, as a foreign national, does not).

Good luck!

bananna

Star Member
Feb 19, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila FRC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Sep-2016
Doc's Request.
03-Jan-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
10-Nov-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-Aug-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
10-Feb-2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon!!
computergeek said:
If he has a TRV, he's not likely to run into trouble at the border. The key is to have a return ticket and answer questions they ask honestly but without volunteering extra information. So if they ask why he's visiting, he can say it's to visit family in Canada (which is true). He doesn't need to volunteer your relationship. They might ask (in which case he needs to answer honestly) but if he has a TRV and a return ticket, there's no real reason for them to delve in further.
TRV is tourist visa right? Not another special kind of visa?
Ok, so we would need a return ticket even if we're not using it?

computergeek said:
I agree: be honest. Don't lie to an officer. But don't volunteer information beyond what the officer is asking. One tactic that can work well with CBSA is to show that you intend to sponsor by showing a copy of the fee paid receipt. I wouldn't volunteer that, but if they ask questions, it's a good thing to be able to show to demonstrate your serious intent. CBSA officers tend to be more lenient with married couples than CIC officers from what I can tell.
I guess I'm optimistic that they understand the difficulties of long distance relationships. My husband and I will celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary this December 21st, but we've also spent 10 years together.

computergeek said:
Of course, the most important thing is to be comfortable with what you are going to tell the officer. If either of you is fearful or appears evasive you could be in for a much longer examination (note that you, as a PR, does not have to tolerate interrogation. You have a legal right of entry. But your spouse, as a foreign national, does not).
I initially imagined that I would be standing beside him as he wouldn't really be able to answer this all on his own. That alone shows already that I am related to him. I guess a return ticket would be the logical thing to do even if it's another $500.. OR already have the papers filled out and paid for.. I just need to start the sponsorship process asap, right? I can already pay for it even if I haven't mailed it in? Ay yay yay..

computergeek said:
Good luck!
Thank you so much!!

bananna

Star Member
Feb 19, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila FRC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Sep-2016
Doc's Request.
03-Jan-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
10-Nov-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-Aug-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
10-Feb-2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon!!
computergeek said:
If he has a TRV, he's not likely to run into trouble at the border. The key is to have a return ticket and answer questions they ask honestly but without volunteering extra information. So if they ask why he's visiting, he can say it's to visit family in Canada (which is true). He doesn't need to volunteer your relationship. They might ask (in which case he needs to answer honestly) but if he has a TRV and a return ticket, there's no real reason for them to delve in further.......

Good luck!
IF EVER.. could a possible scenario be "He's here to visit me while I'm on summer break to see if he has a possible future living here in Canada with me." Basically, he wants to see it before he tries it? He's never moved away from home, so really, this is a big step for him. Sort of like, I'll tour him around the country, and if he likes it, we'll start the sponsorship? Or is that being rude?

Sort of like, is it worth it for him to leave his business and family there to come live here since he's really just a tourist?

Or should he just fly here with his parents for 'vacation'?

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
RRSweet said:
Hey guys,

So everyone is required to submit fingerprints? I thought they just required a police record from anywhere you lived for more than 6 months (except Canada)? We only submitted a police record from my husband's home country. Can someone clarify this?
Countries like US require fingerprints to issue PCC, if applicant's country doesn't require fingerprints to issue PCC then he/she don't need to get them done.

aakpawan

Star Member
Dec 11, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 14th, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 9th, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec. 17th, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan. 22nd, 2014
Hi guri3577,

Can you pls update my landing date to 2014 not 2013 lol I wish it was 2013, thanks

ronair

May 3, 2011
CanadianSponsor said:
Do you mean how long until we got AIP and request for the medical exam? If so, it was about 10 months before we got AIP and we sent the application around the middle of January 2013.
What do you mean by AIP? So 10 months from the date of submission