Interview........
March 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 16, 2015
LANDED..........
March 16, 2015
Vjreal said:
Hello everyone..
I am Vane from the Philippines..I met my boyfriend in Canada when i came here. I am holding a multiple entry visitor visa to Canada..we live together with my boyfriend for almost 6 months now..I am going home this december and come back on JULY 2014 and we will get married in Canada..and also he plan to visit me and my family too in the Philippines..then we both come back in canada on JULY 2014.. My question is when i enter canada and the immigration will ask why i come to visit canada is it okay to tell them that I am getting married in canada or what should i tell them..i also have a twin sister who is working as a nurse in saskatchewan that i visited on my first visit in canada..

Hope to hear from you..thank you
That would be fine I'm Filipino too, yeah you can say that, but just to remind u sponsoring spouse outland is much faster than inland, so you can marry uour husband here i applied inland and the process is so long

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
July 23rd 2014 :)
applied4PR said:
Hi Rifat,
Good to know this. Did you tell the immigration officer that you have an inland application in process?
Applied4PR.

No the immigration officer didn't ask us that. When they entered my husbands name it already shows in their system that he is being sponsored inland, so they ask us the questions and tell us that they see a sponsorship application in process. Honestly it also depends on the mood of the officer whether they will deny you entry or let you in... We had all the proofs his multiple visas plus our son and of course I'm pregnant so they looked at that too. My husband just told the officer that he's here taking care of our son and me while and he cannot leave us behind on our own so that put a lot of affect on the entry too.

however the CIC shares the same info with the Customs with the borders or airport that there is a file in process so they let you know before hand.

I hope I answered your question. :)

nrajani_99

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
WAITING FOR LANDING INTERVIEW
I am hoping for some good news today..

katiebates

Oct 24, 2013
regina sask
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hockeyfan said:
Hi Katie,

As long as you apply for an OWP along with your PR application, you will be given implied status meaning you can remain in Canada under the same conditions as your visitor visa. Make sure you fill out the OWP correctly. But once you have done that and applied before your current visa expires and CIC receives it, you get implied status until CIC gets back to you about your PR application.

There won't be a need to continually renew your visitor visa cause you have implied status under the OWP application.

All the best,

thanks so much for your wisdom!
very much appreciated. i am applying inland and am sending it all off today to Vegreville ;D

thanks!!

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
rifat said:
Applied4PR.

No the immigration officer didn't ask us that. When they entered my husbands name it already shows in their system that he is being sponsored inland, so they ask us the questions and tell us that they see a sponsorship application in process. Honestly it also depends on the mood of the officer whether they will deny you entry or let you in... We had all the proofs his multiple visas plus our son and of course I'm pregnant so they looked at that too. My husband just told the officer that he's here taking care of our son and me while and he cannot leave us behind on our own so that put a lot of affect on the entry too.

however the CIC shares the same info with the Customs with the borders or airport that there is a file in process so they let you know before hand.

I hope I answered your question. :)
I agree. It all depends on the officer. I also left Canada, before I got my AIP for my moms funeral and the officer let me back in when he looked at my file. All he did was ask me what I did for a living and how I supported myself. I just pointed at my partner, haha, and of course, I told him I wasn't working obviously. He gave me his condolences and told me that I should be getting an answer soon. I don't think it actually said that on the system, but I guess he was just being nice. Anyways, I got my OWP, and I'll probably travel back to the US next year. I'm a US citizen (visa exempt country) and I don't think I'll have any issues, especially now that I will be working (hopefully soon). Hope this helps!

BTW, I forgot to mention before that my OWP was issued on November 11th and it's valid for one year. ;D

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
CanadianSponsor said:
I'm wondering how long it has generally taken for people to receive their OWP in the mail after getting an emailed letter for their AIP.
9 days for me. Going by what I've seen in the thread, it takes approximately from 1 to 2 weeks. You can check the spreadsheet as well. Guri is doing a wonderful job updating it. Hope this helps! :D

nrajani_99

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
WAITING FOR LANDING INTERVIEW
there is no update this week, its still on Jan 14th.. i hope they are not stuck on this again..

mimssimo

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
07-08-2013
Passport Req..
NO
LANDED..........
13-March -2014
nrajani_99 said:
there is no update this week, its still on Jan 14th.. i hope they are not stuck on this again..
I hope,

red_gatsby

Star Member
Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2013
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
nrajani_99 said:
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
that made me sad, the update that I look forward to checking every wed..

ArtSnow

Star Member
May 2, 2013
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
Doc's Request.
14-01-2014
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
02-02-2015
Med's Done....
07-01-2013
Interview........
05-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
I am getting the hell outta here as soon as I have my OWP in my hands, why should they prevent me from entering?
I know lots of temporary workers that only have a WP, they go on vacations to their country and when coming back they show the WP and a letter of the employer to prove they are working, their life is here.
It would be insane to prevent someone allowed to work in Canada not to reenter the country.
Unless you go abroad and commit some type of crime I don't see the problem, just take as many documents and proof as you're not doing anything illegal, that's all.

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
How could they literally just a week off of doing Inland Apps? Outrageous.

niks1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
LANDED..........
27-03-2014
CANUSA31 said:
How could they literally just a week off of doing Inland Apps? Outrageous.
I feel the same way..However, I think they are putting all of their resources on helping Typhoon Haiyan victims.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/department/media/notices/2013-11-13.asp

Dec 18, 2012
ArtSnow said:
I am getting the hell outta here as soon as I have my OWP in my hands, why should they prevent me from entering?
I know lots of temporary workers that only have a WP, they go on vacations to their country and when coming back they show the WP and a letter of the employer to prove they are working, their life is here.
It would be insane to prevent someone allowed to work in Canada not to reenter the country.
Unless you go abroad and commit some type of crime I don't see the problem, just take as many documents and proof as you're not doing anything illegal, that's all.
That is what I am getting at- I don't understand all the concern about re-entering Canada to work, given then you would have an OWP which explicitly allows this... I'm not talking about leaving during implied status but at the point where it seems to me that we would be given EXACTLY the documentation you would need to come back and be able to prove you have the appropriate paperwork to be working in Canada.