+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Dec 18, 2012
Does anyone else's OWP have a condition which says it is not valid for employment in businesses related to the sex trade? I don't understand why they would restrict me from stripping for a few extra dollars... :(

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
CanadianSponsor said:
Does anyone else's OWP have a condition which says it is not valid for employment in businesses related to the sex trade? I don't understand why they would restrict me from stripping for a few extra dollars... :(
HAHAHAHA...

jsker

Jul 8, 2013
Hamilton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadianSponsor said:
::)
Ha!! My hubby called me after getting his OWP and said "I have bad news, you should probably sit down."
I was terrified of course. And then he said "I'm not allowed to strip."

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
That's quite funny! I guess CIC can come up with the most random points :)

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
jsker said:
Ha!! My hubby called me after getting his OWP and said "I have bad news, you should probably sit down."
Haha that's hilarious. These last two post made my night :D

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
jsker said:
Bahahahahahaha!

He's not allowed to strip...for money. ;)

Ariandel

Aug 28, 2012
I doubt it's the holidays holding back the progress... it's almost certainly everyone over at Vegreville is working on the refugee files.

While most of us realize the emergency nature of such things it's of course deeply disheartening. Since we have zero discourse (there's no formal process to protest and politically we're a non-issue, no one is going to put our case on the media) all we can do is and wait...

... again. :)

woodyc

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
24-02-2015
Well a really slow week here. I was getting excited with how fast the 2013 apps were moving I thought for sure Feb 2013 apps would of been getting news this week & as it has been said before with the holidays coming up who knows when the next update will be. I'm getting a bit annoyed with the inland apps getting screwed over all the time.

MaddyD

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Med's Request
23-01-2014 (+AIP)
Med's Done....
28-01-2014
Good morning boys and girls!!

Something's up with whoever is maintaining the CIC processing times page (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp), as the inland stage II time has gone back to 8 months (good, yeah?).

Funny thing is though, they say at the top of the page that stage II times are updated quarterly (but now I'm thinking this is not necessarily the case). Either someone goes and updates the page manually (and updated the wrong part of the table) or someone's calculations are subpar.

Anyway, any news from anyone anywhere about anything?

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Not to be negative, but my complaint for the day is when people ask why it takes so long for the processing. "Can't you do anything?" "Is it because you forgot to submit something?" HR at hubby's work is dogging him about why his OWP is taking so long - yes, because we control that, didn't you know? Ugh.

Other than that, I got a lot of Christmas shopping done online today and saved money thanks to the Black Friday sales! :)

Ginabean

Jun 30, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
10-02-2013
CanadianSponsor said:
LMAO. My husband & I had a good chuckle about that too.

Thank you Cirene & Guri for the OWP congrats! 8)

I'm really crossing my fingers for everyone whose apps are SO close to getting AIP. It was a slow week but hopefully that means a big influx of completions over the next few!

Ginabean

Jun 30, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
10-02-2013
Mrs_Canuck said:
Not to be negative, but my complaint for the day is when people ask why it takes so long for the processing. "Can't you do anything?" "Is it because you forgot to submit something?" HR at hubby's work is dogging him about why his OWP is taking so long - yes, because we control that, didn't you know? Ugh.

Other than that, I got a lot of Christmas shopping done online today and saved money thanks to the Black Friday sales! :)
I totally hear you! That was probably one of the most frustrating parts of the whole process. People have NO CLUE what this is like.

nrajani_99

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
WAITING FOR LANDING INTERVIEW
its sad that there was no news what so ever this week.. feeling down.

i was so happy when we got news one after another.. just feel like that balloon bursted :(

giggles

Aug 29, 2013
I must confess to being a little down in the dumps with the stall this week, gang. We had a pretty good run for a bit and I allowed myself to get optimistic. That may have jinxed us right there. So I offer my official apologies to everyone on this forum. Do have a lovely weekend everyone--and we will rustle up some positive mojo for the week to come. Cheers!

IsThisOverYet

Nov 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
23-04-2013
Med's Request
22-01-2014
Med's Done....
Not Yet
nrajani_99 said:
its sad that there was no news what so ever this week.. feeling down.

i was so happy when we got news one after another.. just feel like that balloon bursted :(

I know, so very disappointing.... :(