Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
05-02-2013
Updated! No progress this week...

I hope we get a big positive surprise next week!

Nov 6th, 2013 => (Dec 11th, 2012)
Nov 13th, 2013 => (Jan 3rd, 2013)
Nov 20th, 2013 => (Jan 14th 2013)
Nov 27th, 2013 => (Jan 14th 2013)

Maxician

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-13
AOR Received.
23-03-13
About NOT BEING ALOWED TO COME BACK to Canada while in the process, do anyone of you actually now about someone that wasn't allowed to re-enter??? I think it's cowpoop to put-on more stress on us. It's nonsense; being captive, condemned to remain IN, without any rights until... our innocence is proved?? :eek:

jsker

Jul 8, 2013
Hamilton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hubby is going to get his SIN today. :) we're so excited. Hoping for good news for all of you soon! Keep your heads up! :-*

Dec 18, 2012
Has anyone who received their OWP applied for and received an OHIP card? Is there not a waiting period or are you actually eligible right away? Did they require proof of full time employment or was the OWP sufficient in and of itself?

applied4PR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
rifat said:
Applied4PR.

No the immigration officer didn't ask us that. When they entered my husbands name it already shows in their system that he is being sponsored inland, so they ask us the questions and tell us that they see a sponsorship application in process. Honestly it also depends on the mood of the officer whether they will deny you entry or let you in... We had all the proofs his multiple visas plus our son and of course I'm pregnant so they looked at that too. My husband just told the officer that he's here taking care of our son and me while and he cannot leave us behind on our own so that put a lot of affect on the entry too.

however the CIC shares the same info with the Customs with the borders or airport that there is a file in process so they let you know before hand.

I hope I answered your question. :)
I am just wondering what if someone has to go on official visit (through work) abroad while being sponsored inland. How would the immigration deal with that?

niks1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
LANDED..........
27-03-2014
Thanks for keeping track and sharing this.....

MisterBob said:
Updated! No progress this week...

I hope we get a big positive surprise next week!

Nov 6th, 2013 => (Dec 11th, 2012)
Nov 13th, 2013 => (Jan 3rd, 2013)
Nov 20th, 2013 => (Jan 14th 2013)
Nov 27th, 2013 => (Jan 14th 2013)

folks-g

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/05/2013
Doc's Request.
OWP with app
Nomination.....
AIP/OWP JAN 29 2014
AOR Received.
05/06/2013
IELTS Request
docs requested jan 29
Med's Done....
15/05/2013
Line.a said:
CIC seems to have quieted down a little this week.. Hopefully we'll see some good news tomorrow :)
hey guys its very sad to see this happen to us inland apps we are the ones who always have to suffer when something happens. I belive that cic and the public in general do not really care about family immigrants. First it was the strike then processing times double then u got so many holidays coming up and it does not seem like they anything this week.#frustrated.

Bebecharmed

Mar 20, 2013
folks-g said:
hey guys its very sad to see this happen to us inland apps we are the ones who always have to suffer when something happens. I belive that cic and the public in general do not really care about family immigrants. First it was the strike then processing times double then u got so many holidays coming up and it does not seem like they anything this week.#frustrated.
I feel the same way... :( so anxious and can't sleep already and then no movements. Sigh!

Maxician

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-13
AOR Received.
23-03-13
folks-g said:
Yes indeed. Refugees, for example, just arrive in Canada, tell their story (fake or real) and start receiving 600$dls a month right away, and they get a SIN...

Ginabean

Jun 30, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
10-02-2013
OWP received in mail yesterday, yay! It was approved on Nov. 19th so took 6 business days to arrive in the mailbox. With it, we also received the letter requesting meds be done.

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
Ginabean said:
OWP received in mail yesterday, yay! It was approved on Nov. 19th so took 6 business days to arrive in the mailbox. With it, we also received the letter requesting meds be done.
Congrats Ginabean. It's nice to hear good news. I'm very happy for you.

IsThisOverYet

Nov 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
23-04-2013
Med's Request
22-01-2014
Med's Done....
Not Yet
Hi all,

I have been following this forum for some time now, and have learned a great deal of valuable information from all the great posts. Our application was by received by CIC-Vegreville on April 15, 2013 and went to In Process on April 22,2013. I too was getting excited about them finally getting to the 2013 applicants finally. Unfortunately things seem to have come to a halt (again) and with the holiday season just around the corner and the priority shift because of the typhoon, it is not likely to improve anytime soon. We are really regretting not applying Outland now. At the time we sent our application there was only 1 month difference between inland and Outland, and they weren't on strike quite yet....

But 11 months (hopefully not longer) to hold people hostage (just for stage 1) what a joke! Like others have said, as soon as we get stage one and the open work permit in our hands we will definitely be traveling outside the country. 22 months is way too long for my fiancée to wait to see friends and family back home.

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
Ginabean said:
Congrats Ginabean :) Thanks for sharing the good news!

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
Luckily, I have been busy with school lately, but CIC is unbelievable to say the least. I really hope they pick up the pace and finish January applicants soon.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Maxician said:
About NOT BEING ALOWED TO COME BACK to Canada while in the process, do anyone of you actually now about someone that wasn't allowed to re-enter??? I think it's cowpoop to put-on more stress on us. It's nonsense; being captive, condemned to remain IN, without any rights until... our innocence is proved?? :eek:
I have been MIA from this board for a bit...cuz you know we all need breaks during our wait sometimes...

But I have been watching the show Border Security this evening, and came online just to share this story I just saw on the show...and saw your question.

So it was an American woman with her Canadian husband, she had been in Canada 10 months and left back to the USA (Georgia). She was driving back into Canada with her son. They pulled her asides for extra questions. She told them she already had an inland PR in process and the found she had a bank account in Canada. They searched her car, and her laptop, and on her laptop found searches about how long you can legally stay in Canada, and information about a container she shipped to Canada.

They allowed her to stay since she had a plane ticket leaving just after xmas.

I have seen quite a few positive stories on here about those who have left and came back with no problems.

But...PLEASE....everyone thinking to leave...BEWARE! There is that chance if you get a very strict officer, or just one in a bad mood for whatever reason, they can legitimately cause you to loose your application!!

It is not fair! And it makes me upset to see that Canadian Border Service/Immigration Officers can be so without compassion in some circumstances. I am sooo happy to hear of all the positive experiences, but remember, they do warn you for a reason. While most visa exempt applicants can come and go during their process without problem, technically their job is to NOT allow those to enter who they don't think will leave.

Not to scare anyone, but when I saw that episode of Border Security, I just really felt it should be shared as a reminder to be cautious.