INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

jsker

Jul 8, 2013
Hamilton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guri3577 said:
hey jsker
Congrats on getting both stages approved at the same time :)
Did you ask your consultant if she received your landing letter, would she tell you or was that also not important lol.
Thank you! I am thinking of change our mailing address online so that the letter comes to our house instead of her office.... I really don't trust her now. What a waste of money!

sweetpea22

Star Member
Nov 1, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
(received nothing so I called CIC)
LANDED..........
14-Feb-2014
Hi guys! I got my OWP today dated Nov 21 BUT it's only valid for 5 MONTHS!!!!! :'(

I think it's because my passport is expiring in 5 months so in short if I haven't have my DM in 5 months I have to apply for an OWP again which means another $150 again? is that right? :(

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
jsker said:
Thank you! I am thinking of change our mailing address online so that the letter comes to our house instead of her office.... I really don't trust her now. What a waste of money!
Yeah, you should definitely look into it. Make sure to confirm with CIC after the online update.

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
sweetpea22 said:
Hi guys! I got my OWP today dated Nov 21 BUT it's only valid for 5 MONTHS!!!!! :'(

I think it's because my passport is expiring in 5 months so in short if I haven't have my DM in 5 months I have to apply for an OWP again which means another $150 again? is that right? :(
Yes, unfortunately Canada gives permits according to the passport expiration date unlike US. You will have to spend $150 to renew it. But, who knows may be you will get DM before that.

sweetpea22

Star Member
Nov 1, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
(received nothing so I called CIC)
LANDED..........
14-Feb-2014
guri3577 said:
Yes, unfortunately Canada gives permits according to the passport expiration date unlike US. You will have to spend $150 to renew it. But, who knows may be you will get DM before that.
Thanks Guri3577! Can you apply online to renew your OWP?

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
sweetpea22 said:
Thanks Guri3577! Can you apply online to renew your OWP?
Yeah, you can. It is faster that way. Current time is 7 days.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
July 23rd 2014 :)
Hi Guys....

So my husband and I made it back to Calgary safe without any problems with the Immigration since we just got our AIP and he got his OWP. We were told by the Officer who interviewed us that it is a big risk if you want to leave the country and you will be on your own. so we took a chance and came back safely into Canada. The officers were actually very nice and he told us the more proof you have for entering Canada the better for you. I just wanted to share the good news :) I'm happy to be home again :)

RRSweet

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
rifat said:
Hi Guys....

So my husband and I made it back to Calgary safe without any problems with the Immigration since we just got our AIP and he got his OWP. We were told by the Officer who interviewed us that it is a big risk if you want to leave the country and you will be on your own. so we took a chance and came back safely into Canada. The officers were actually very nice and he told us the more proof you have for entering Canada the better for you. I just wanted to share the good news :) I'm happy to be home again :)
Thanks so much for sharing tour experience leaving Canada rifat! I'm glad you had no issues.. I hope you enjoyed your trip :)

Dec 18, 2012
Hi everyone,

I'm wondering whether anyone could share their experiences traveling outside Canada after having received their AIP and OWP. I am wondering on what basis someone would not be allowed back in the country, assuming their passport was still valid and they are from a visa exempt country. I understand that it would cause problems for an inland applicant if they were not able to be inside the country to complete the processing, but is it really that probable someone who was already granted AIP would not be let back in to Canada?

Thanks to everyone for sharing any experience they may have.

Ariandel

Aug 28, 2012
The way this has been explained to me is, chances are very good you will be allowed to reenter.

However they will never guarantee it in writing and in advance because of special unforeseen circumstances. What if you commit a crime while you're abroad but you have a letter saying you must be allowed back into Canada? That sort of thing. So they want to keep their options open.

Having said that, being at the mercy of someone at the border who might have a weekly quota to meet, a bad day at work or anything else is too big a risk for me. Unless I absolutely must, I wouldn't leave until the paperwork for the residency permit is complete. It's a tiny chance, but if that happens, the results are truly catastrophic. Life-altering, really.

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
CanadianSponsor said:
Hi everyone,

I'm wondering whether anyone could share their experiences traveling outside Canada after having received their AIP and OWP. I am wondering on what basis someone would not be allowed back in the country, assuming their passport was still valid and they are from a visa exempt country. I understand that it would cause problems for an inland applicant if they were not able to be inside the country to complete the processing, but is it really that probable someone who was already granted AIP would not be let back in to Canada?

Thanks to everyone for sharing any experience they may have.
Hi CanadianSponsor.

My husband and I just flew back into Canada last night from the states. I sponsored him inland and he we received our AIP in October and he got his OWP then too. there is some risk but depending on the officer they might let you in or not... We were not asked many questions. The officer told us that the more info/proof we have to enter Canada the better for us and we had my husbands Visitor Visa and his OWP at customs. They only asked how long and why were gone for. that's it.

however some officers do give you hard time like this one officer did back in January when we tried to enter Canada and she told my husband that he's trying to enter so he can work here and she sees that I have sponsored him so he's wanting to live here... these are all valid reasons but my husband won't work under the table. so she only gave him 10 days Visa.

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
Ariandel said:
The way this has been explained to me is, chances are very good you will be allowed to reenter.

However they will never guarantee it in writing and in advance because of special unforeseen circumstances. What if you commit a crime while you're abroad but you have a letter saying you must be allowed back into Canada? That sort of thing. So they want to keep their options open.

Having said that, being at the mercy of someone at the border who might have a weekly quota to meet, a bad day at work or anything else is too big a risk for me. Unless I absolutely must, I wouldn't leave until the paperwork for the residency permit is complete. It's a tiny chance, but if that happens, the results are truly catastrophic. Life-altering, really.
You are very right :)
The officer back in January when we tried to come into Canada was having a bad day she even said it and was angry... but however she still let us in.

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
RRSweet said:
Thanks so much for sharing tour experience leaving Canada rifat! I'm glad you had no issues.. I hope you enjoyed your trip :)
Your very welcome RRSweet,

I thought I'd share my experience with you guys so If you want to travel outside of Canada you know what happens.

applied4PR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
rifat said:
Hi Guys....

Hi Rifat,
Good to know this. Did you tell the immigration officer that you have an inland application in process?

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
CIC seems to have quieted down a little this week.. Hopefully we'll see some good news tomorrow :)