Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
WAITING FOR LANDING INTERVIEW
No news today too :( hopefully people who are not part of this forum are getting news

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
katiebates said:
thank you!! you should get a job with immigrations :D
*Note* If you are going to apply outland as you said in another thread, you won't get implied status and you won't get an OWP. So don't waste the money on the OWP if you are applying outland.

For outland you will always need to renew your visitor status and apply for that.

Best of luck,

red_gatsby

Star Member
Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2013
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
hockeyfan said:
Cool name!! I wish I had chosen that minus the "red_" part.
Haha..Thanks! Red is my fav so I had to add it everywhere lol
Hmmm been pretty quiet today, we need to hear more good happy news!
Good luck everyone! ;D

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
Wow, nothing today eh? :'(

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
hockeyfan said:
SLOW DAYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Yeah, this is brutal.. Hopefully tomorrow will be better!!

CanadaMex

Nov 24, 2013
Hi Guys me and my fiancee are about to get married in december and apply for sponsorship IN canada before my status expires (jan 5) i came here in 2012 in january as a student, we started dating November 10,2012 and we got engaged on November 10,2013 so we are in a hurry with everything now, doing a tiny wedding with her family and Canadian friends of mine hehe. So i guess we will be following this thread :)

One question

Should we send an OWP application with my PR application?

Can i do the medical and police certificate after applying? or do i need them at the moment of submitting my papers?

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My application is going to be sent out December 6th..

OWP + Common Law PR Application with Police check and Medical all included

My application is fully complete, nothing missing and tickets all of the boxes for the visa officer, no criminal records etc.

What do you think the current time line will be for me and when would I receive my OWP and when will it be all completed?

I'm from the UK also and applying In-land its the only option for me and my GF and I do see that on the website it states 11 months for the 1st stage which seems completely ridiculous as my application would only take 1 week to be approved if I was the visa officer.

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
Hey guys!! I couldn't wait to tell you! I got my OWP in the mail yesterday! Woohoo! Now, to get my SIN card!! BTW, any of you live in Mississauga? I need someone to recommend the best place to get both your SIN card and OHIP? I looked online, but it was very confusing. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!!

jsker

Jul 8, 2013
Hamilton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LaylaLala said:
Hey guys!! I couldn't wait to tell you! I got my OWP in the mail yesterday! Woohoo! Now, to get my SIN card!! BTW, any of you live in Mississauga? I need someone to recommend the best place to get both your SIN card and OHIP? I looked online, but it was very confusing. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!!
Congrats!! You must be so relieved. I don't live in Mississauga though...someone here probably does!

c-let

Sep 17, 2013
Hi Laylalala
Congrats on ur owp I think u can get ur sin and ohip at service Canada on glen erin at glen erin and dundas

Maxician

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-13
AOR Received.
23-03-13
LaylaLala said:
Felicidades Layla!! I'm getting closer to getting my AIP, but I didn't send the OWP applications at the beginning. Do you think I should wait for the AIP to send it???

Gracias!! ;D

fredou

Jul 9, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2013
LANDED..........
22-01-2014
It is veeery calm here. too calm ::). However, if we look at the 2013 excel sheet, there is only 2 applicants with dates in January after the 24th. wwdt2001 and stereogram24.

I just hope they got AIP but they only not told us.... If this is the case, CIC is going forward.

My date is Feb 14, and I'm just afraid that cic take a break just before my date.... They did something like that on October 8th, 2012, and it was not funny...

Ginabean

Jun 30, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
10-02-2013
Jamesdavid3 said:
My application is going to be sent out December 6th..

OWP + Common Law PR Application with Police check and Medical all included

My application is fully complete, nothing missing and tickets all of the boxes for the visa officer, no criminal records etc.

What do you think the current time line will be for me and when would I receive my OWP and when will it be all completed?

I'm from the UK also and applying In-land its the only option for me and my GF and I do see that on the website it states 11 months for the 1st stage which seems completely ridiculous as my application would only take 1 week to be approved if I was the visa officer.
We feel your pain - and welcome to the club! ;) The current waiting time is fairly accurate as most of the recent recipients of AIP and OWP were processed around the 10/11 month mark. Before the PAFSCO strike, the website listed 6 months processing time for 1st stage but then there was a huge backlog and it increased to 11. Some good news is that they do seem to be catching up at a nice pace recently (though this week has been slow so far) and it's possible the waiting time may become less in the months to come. That said however...one thing we have all learned during the process is that Government agencies are unpredictable - so don't bank on anything!

The best advice I can offer through personal experience is to take part in this forum where you can get to know others who are going through, or have already gone through, the exact same thing. Familiarize with the spreadsheets too. Good luck!

Ginabean

Jun 30, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
10-02-2013
LaylaLala said:
CONGRATS! We are still waiting for my hubby's OWP to arrive in the mail - hopefully by the end of this week!