08-03-2013
Med's Request
Sent with app
Med's Done....
15-02-2013
Interview........
24-02-2014
Jamesdavid3 said:
But how does you the person being sponsored handle the whole process?

- You cant leave the country

- You could possibly be very tight for the next 10 months with money

It just seems like its the worst process ever, not being able to work and you just have to sit around at home for 10 months??!
There are allot of things you can do with your time, we all wrote about it. I know it's tough and the whole process is so long and painful, some would say maybe disrespectful, but you have to look at things from a brighter perspective, try to make most of it, learn new language, get into fitness. Try volunteering in animal shelters, playing with puppies can do amazing things for ones emotional balance (true story).
You dont have to leave the country, try traveling across Canada. Explore it, it's really amazing country.
As for money, I understand it could be tough, but for 10 months I don't think one person could be that big of the expense. Food and some cloths. If nothing else there are tons of thrift stores around where you can find some very cheep stuff.

Again, this is temporary, just remember that. Start making the list of things to do and to buy once you start working. I'm planing to spend my entire first paycheck on shoes. :p

missboon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
Milena said:
There are allot of things you can do with your time, we all wrote about it. I know it's tough and the whole process is so long and painful, some would say maybe disrespectful, but you have to look at things from a brighter perspective, try to make most of it, learn new language, get into fitness. Try volunteering in animal shelters, playing with puppies can do amazing things for ones emotional balance (true story).
You dont have to leave the country, try traveling across Canada. Explore it, it's really amazing country.
As for money, I understand it could be tough, but for 10 months I don't think one person could be that big of the expense. Food and some cloths. If nothing else there are tons of thrift stores around where you can find some very cheep stuff.

Again, this is temporary, just remember that. Start making the list of things to do and to buy once you start working. I'm planing to spend my entire first paycheck on shoes. :p
Or if you could afford it you can just go get a puppy! :p Training it would sure take up a lot of time and keep you busy! ;D I'm not big on shoes (unless they are knee high boots 8) ) but I love me some thrift stores! ;)

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Jamesdavid3 said:
I have a question to you all which I am interested about...

How are you all surviving or planning to survive in Canada until your application has been processed or until you have received your OWP?

I'm guessing for most of you its around 6-10 months of not being allowed to work, so how do you manage to live?

Its clear that your other half is supporting you but how realistic is that?

I understand that some people have just submitted their application and they are about to start a 10 month wait until they can work again, how do they possible do that and just live, not leave the country etc...
It’s called working (and budgeting!)…..lol.

You just have to be careful with your income and watch what you spend. It’s quite do-able if you aren’t afraid of a little hard work and budgeting.

My husband has been here in Canada since 2010 without working. And we now have an almost 3 year old son. And we survive pretty comfortably. It will be SOOO much easier when my husband can work, and he is a really hard worker. He intends to work 2 jobs.

Which is what I am doing now.

During my pregnancy, and for almost 2 years after we were lucky enough to be able to stay with my parents and get by with their help and my husbands savings.

I now work 2 jobs, my main daytime office job for a large worldwide pharmaceutical/medical company. And I work some evenings and weekends as a personal care giver for a disabled man. Mostly just helping the family out around the home.

We don’t go out to eat at fancy restaurants as often as we used to (but really, most parents don’t get to), I spend less money on makeup and clothes, buy wine on sale instead of my fav champagne. We are renting a large townhouse with a nice backyard for my son to play in, we have a car, we aren’t lacking in anything. We are just careful with our money, we watch for sales, and cut back a bit here and there.

Would I like to upgrade our TV service to more channels? Yes! Would I like to go do a huge shopping blowout? Yes!!! Would I like to splurge on a day at the Spa? Yes!! Would I like to go on more vacations? Yes!! But….for now those things have to wait.

It’s not all that much of a sacrifice though. I need my husband around, and my son needs his daddy around more than we need those extra things to spend a year or more without him. Pretty easy when I look at it that way!

leoundesilva

Jan 11, 2013
ACS said:
It's called working (and budgeting!).....lol.

You just have to be careful with your income and watch what you spend. It's quite do-able if you aren't afraid of a little hard work and budgeting.

My husband has been here in Canada since 2010 without working. And we now have an almost 3 year old son. And we survive pretty comfortably. It will be SOOO much easier when my husband can work, and he is a really hard worker. He intends to work 2 jobs.

During my pregnancy, and for almost 2 years after we were lucky enough to be able to stay with my parents and get by with their help and my husbands savings.

I now work 2 jobs, my main daytime office job for a large worldwide pharmaceutical/medical company. And I work some evenings and weekends as a personal care giver for a disabled man. Mostly just helping the family out around the home.

We don't go out to eat at fancy restaurants as often as we used to (but really, most parents don't get to), I spend less money on makeup and clothes, buy wine on sale instead of my fav champagne. We are renting a large townhouse with a nice backyard for my son to play in, we have a car, we aren't lacking in anything. We are just careful with our money, we watch for sales, and cut back a bit here and there.

Would I like to upgrade our TV service to more channels? Yes! Would I like to go do a huge shopping blowout? Yes!!! Would I like to splurge on a day at the Spa? Yes!! Would I like to go on more vacations? Yes!! But....for now those things have to wait.

It's not all that much of a sacrifice though. I need my husband around, and my son needs his daddy around more than we need those extra things to spend a year or more without him. Pretty easy when I look at it that way!
In time like this, when my heart is about to explode, thinking when all these long wait will be over, I will just make my way up here, honestly, after reading comments and some posts here, I will just find my way back to my shell, feeling a little better, knowing that am not alone in this situation. It's not easy...some say it is but it's not unless you are directly involved!

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
ACS said:

You just have to be careful with your income and watch what you spend. It's quite do-able if you aren't afraid of a little hard work and budgeting.

We don't go out to eat at fancy restaurants as often as we used to (but really, most parents don't get to), I spend less money on makeup and clothes, buy wine on sale instead of my fav champagne. We are renting a large townhouse with a nice backyard for my son to play in, we have a car, we aren't lacking in anything. We are just careful with our money, we watch for sales, and cut back a bit here and there.

Would I like to upgrade our TV service to more channels? Yes! Would I like to go do a huge shopping blowout? Yes!!! Would I like to splurge on a day at the Spa? Yes!! Would I like to go on more vacations? Yes!! But....for now those things have to wait.

It's not all that much of a sacrifice though. I need my husband around, and my son needs his daddy around more than we need those extra things to spend a year or more without him. Pretty easy when I look at it that way!
I just want to say that you have an awesome mentality... I really hope that when you guys get DM... and he can start working..you guys really treat yourselves to something nice. Also, at least you guys have eachother..some people applying outland have to wait alone, cant even spend time with their significant other...

I"m lucky, my girl applied inland.... and she still has a year left on her post grad work permit..so she's working now and on two incomes money isnt an issue for us. I can imagine what it would be like surviving on only one...
BUT...its temporary..so hang in there.
Like i said, you obviously have the right mentality....this next year will fly by.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
It's pretty harsh with just one income I can tell you that much. There has been times where food was limited to the max. But I am thankful my partner is able to budget things very well so rent and most bills aren't overdue. There has been times where we have been shut off the internet.. But we just decided having no TV at all will help the situation a little.

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
Jamesdavid3 said:
But how does you the person being sponsored handle the whole process?

- You cant leave the country

- You could possibly be very tight for the next 10 months with money

It just seems like its the worst process ever, not being able to work and you just have to sit around at home for 10 months??!
I think we all knew what we were getting into. It's hard but sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

My husband and I personally have a business back in my country and it's all run online we can do it and will do it anywhere in the world. So it doesn't make a difference because I wouldn't be working right now here anyway. I guess the biggest concern it's just like anything in this world you never know when it can go south, so to be able to have the chance to get a job if needed it will make me feel better since I wouldn't want all that in my hubby's back

But I often feel for some other people who are struggling, nevertheless we all have our struggles, right now my aunt it's really sick and so it's my grandmother I am terrified that they get worst or ... (you know what) and I won't be able to be there, but as I said at the time we made the decision it was the best and we chose to do it. I guess the important thing is that no matter what happens with this process my hubby and I will be together anywhere in the world.

I will be taking an online course in Nutrition as well. You can study online. as soon as our house it's finished
https://www.aliveacademy.com

stellahello

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Hello all,

Just FYI, the medical exam is not covered by any private insurance offered by your employer.

We had the medical exam, x-ray, and blood test and then submitted the receipts.
The insurance company said almost every company does not cover any diagnostic service.

I have seen few posts stating that they will make claims after having a medical exam with panel physician.
We were also hoping that we would be covered. But it was not possible.

Anyway, let't just keep our finger crossed.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
stellahello said:
Hello all,

Just FYI, the medical exam is not covered by any private insurance offered by your employer.

We had the medical exam, x-ray, and blood test and then submitted the receipts.
The insurance company said almost every company does not cover any diagnostic service.

I have seen few post stating that they will make a claims after having a medical exam with panel physician.
We were also hoping that we would be covered. But It is not possible.

Anyway, let't just keep our finger crossed.
When I had my examination done the blood tests were covered but the immigration physical was not.

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
ACS said:

Nailed it! It's hard, but not impossible.

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
Hey guys me and my partner just start inland common law... so nervous ..coz my stats expired longtime... wish cic give us a chance Q_Q :(
so here is my time line
received application to sponsor July 24, 2013
started processing application on August 20, 2013
AOR: Aug 21,2013
ask for CSQ: on August 27, 2013
got CSQ: Sept 30,2013

guess is good start 8) wish us luck ;D

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
yata520 said:
Hey guys me and my partner just start inland common law... so nervous ..coz my stats expired longtime... wish cic give us a chance Q_Q :(
so here is my time line
received application to sponsor July 24, 2013
started processing application on August 20, 2013
AOR: Aug 21,2013
ask for CSQ: on August 27, 2013
got CSQ: Sept 30,2013

guess is good start 8) wish us luck ;D
Best Wishes for a quick & smooth processing. And welcome! :)

My husband has been out of Status since 2011 (well sort of on Implied since we sent in a Visitor Visa extension before the one he had expired and never got a response….). Technically we should not have to worry about being out of Status though. Let’s hope that’s true!

missboon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
My husband (sponsor) can't be the 'co-signer' on any of these applications? Or me? I'm just wondering if I needs
to sign the part for form IMM1344 where it says The signature of the sponsors spouse (co-signer) ... ??? Also does it matter if I sign in blue or black ink?

ArtSnow

Star Member
May 2, 2013
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
Doc's Request.
14-01-2014
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
02-02-2015
Med's Done....
07-01-2013
Interview........
05-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
You guys worry way too much about the expired status.
Once again is important to understand that the inland option only exists because the Canadian government wanted and needed to avoid the big number of people in this situation (ours) that would linger in Canada for years working illegally and without a chance of making their situation legal.
The moment you send your application and pay all your fees you have the so called "Implied Status".
This is the reality, I'm not saying that they will not ask you later why you didn't try to make an effort to have some sort of visitor status or other regulated, but it really has no influence on your process, as long as your sponsor qualifies and you haven't broke any other law...
Just my 2 cents.

rorodegdeg

Jul 22, 2013
A little question

My little baby boy is born in July.
Do I have to send a birth certificate to the CIC ?

I called them they say no because he is born in Canada but my girlfriend call them and they say yes ...

Classic CIC ???

So does anybody got a clue about what to do ?

Thanks