+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
silenced25 said:
REALLY IMPORTANT, NEED HELP

My family back home in New Orleans (US) need me. I am an October 2013 applicant and don't want to lose what i've waited so long to have. I was wondering if I could go home to Louisiana and wait there until i get AIP. Then my common law could mail me the work permit so I can come back across the border with legal documentation and won't get refused. Will this actually work? Is an interview required for stage 1 approval? I seem to see most people just getting notified via EMAIL or normal mail and not having to go for an interview until stage 2. If there any "holes" or concerns in this idea, please let me know as it is critical and my life is depending on it. Thank you.
always have risk to refuse we can't tell what we will be happen . some people leave canada with AOR they came back with no problem but some have .
also about work permit plz read the quote from Computergreek:
Quote from: Linden on September 20, 2014, 08:21:43 pm
Note this type of work permit is not for re-entry. The border offficials will decide whether to let you back kn the country and i wouldnt leave the country for a while without your partner.

No type of work permit authorizes entry into Canada. That's the nature of a work permit: it authorizes the person to work in Canada. It does not authorize entry into Canada. Every work permit I've ever seen says right at the bottom: "***This does not authorize re-entry/Ceci n'autorise pas la ré-entrée***

Quote from: Linden on September 20, 2014, 08:21:43 pm
Some ppl have gone back home for short visits (2 weeks) and have had no issues coming back to Canada. Though these ppl are from a visa exempt country.

Someone who is not visa exempt should obtain a TRV. These are issued (by CPC-O) for those already in Canada with a work or study permit. There's a lot of fear mongering in this area, and CIC discourages people from leaving, but CBSA (the agency responsible for actual enforcement) actually says in their own policy manuals that an officer should not refuse without reason. CIC's own manual (ENF 4: Port of Entry Examinations) indicates the level of documentation required for a refusal of someone with a valid visa.

Note also that someone with a valid work permit or study permit but an expired TRV must legally be re-admitted if they have only traveled to the US or St. Pierre et Miquelon.

MissRepresentation

Apr 11, 2014
Visa Office......
Paris
Daizey said:
My experience was that the system after all did work. I know that many people are working on making the process faster and better.

Warm regards,

Hedvig
Hedvig Alexander
Note the qualifier she uses: after all. After all the unnecessary crap, you mean?

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
Daizey said:
Being an immigrant myself who waited almost two years for my permanent resident status I am interested in your stories and feel of anyone for whom the process is difficult or slow. But I am only the spouse of the minster and have no authority or power to make a great difference in these matters.

My experience was that the system after all did work. I know that many people are working on making the process faster and better.

Warm regards,

Hedvig
Hedvig Alexander
we should thank her for being very supportive to us and i hope her voice would reach deeper into chris alexander. we all know the system will work after ALL but who would reimburse our loss of opportunities and even broken marriage ? i bet nor cic or alexander would.

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
Amazingsho said:
we should thank her for being very supportive to us and i hope her voice would reach deeper into chris alexander. we all know the system will work after ALL but who would reimburse our loss of opportunities and even broken marriage ? i bet nor cic or alexander would.
I do appreciate that she took the time to comment, and offers her condolences to those stuck in this position. She could have ignored us completely, or just told us to suck it up like our MPs do. I also find it interesting that she was once in our shoes. Puts a new perspective on things.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Daizey said:
I do appreciate that she took the time to comment, and offers her condolences to those stuck in this position. She could have ignored us completely, or just told us to suck it up like our MPs do. I also find it interesting that she was once in our shoes. Puts a new perspective on things.
I was pretty impressed with how quickly she answered.

rvaburay84

Mar 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 8, 2013
AOR Received.
Sep 9, 2013
This is a merely advantage of social media ... mainly during elections ....
I only hope the AIP issues come back soon !

WeCanadoIt

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-04-2015
For anyone frustrated with the delay, please help out with my project(should only take 2 mins):

Ok fellow applicants, I would love your input on a project I am working on to help speed things up. I want to make a video with different photos of applicants and put it together with some facts.

What I need from you guys is a picture of you holding a piece of paper/card with the following written on it:
How many days you are waiting(extra big), No health care, Cant work etc.
example: 320 days IN LIMBO, No healthcare, Cant work, Pregnant.

Im hoping the finished video will go viral and we can send it to people to explain our story.

Please attach your pic to an email and send it to inlandpics @ mail.com.

Any pics sent will only be used for this project.
Thanks guys!!

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WeCanadoIt said:
For anyone frustrated with the delay, please help out with my project(should only take 2 mins):

Ok fellow applicants, I would love your input on a project I am working on to help speed things up. I want to make a video with different photos of applicants and put it together with some facts.

What I need from you guys is a picture of you holding a piece of paper/card with the following written on it:
How many days you are waiting(extra big), No health care, Cant work etc.
example: 320 days IN LIMBO, No healthcare, Cant work, Pregnant.

Im hoping the finished video will go viral and we can send it to people to explain our story.

Please attach your pic to an email and send it to inlandpics @ mail.com.

Any pics sent will only be used for this project.
Thanks guys!!
That is a Fantastic idea and that will without a doubt go viral on the internet.... Get it on Youtube with enough of us behind it and it will explode..

vinotintazo

Star Member
Jul 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2015
Doc's Request.
May 2, 2015 (Forms with Typos)
AOR Received.
Mar 29, 2015 OWP: April 27, 2015
Med's Done....
Nov 9, 2014 (Upfront)
Interview........
SA: April 12, 2016 AIP: April 12, 2016 DM: April 12, 2016 Interview: Waived
LANDED..........
May 3, 2016
Hi Everyone,

After lots of reading I cannot decide weather I want outland or inland, my wife is currently here on a visitor visa (Multi-Entry which expires in 2017 along with her passport).

she wants to stay here while the process is finalized.

Shes from Venezuela, her Ouland application will be handled by the Mexico Visa office which shows 17 Months for stage 2.

Any Suggestions?

gfdvca

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Has anyone here gone through the experience of submitting an access to information request for something other than GCMS notes?

I've been casually leafing through the list of some of the completed ATIP requests that CIC posts on their website,
(cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/completed.asp) and I've been surprised by what they appear to have released recently, it's a really long list. (Note that you cannot access the material for these ATIP requests online, and my hunch is that "disclosed in part" on this page really means "exhaustively censored")

If anyone has gone through this, is it straightforward to get what you need by yourself, or is it best done through a legal representative like a lawyer? I'm thinking of submitting a request to the effect of: "All briefing notes, emails, and internal memos related to proposed changes to the Family Class permanent resident applications June 2013 to September 2014, particularly those concerning Inland Spousal Sponsorship".

It seems like there is absolutely no other way to figure out what's going on behind the scenes, no help from MPs, stories in the media fall on deaf ears, and no access to anyone informed enough at CIC to give us the straight goods

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
vinotintazo said:
Hi Everyone,

After lots of reading I cannot decide weather I want outland or inland, my wife is currently here on a visitor visa (Multi-Entry which expires in 2017 along with her passport).

Shes from Venezuela, her Ouland application will be handled by the Mexico Visa office which shows 17 Months for stage 2.

Any Suggestions?
i will say go to Mexico post to check how's time line is it then you decide ,but my option will be outland is better coz if something happen you can leave free don't worry about risk.
let her know right now inland right now kinda chaoic , don't know when gonna back to truck

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
vinotintazo said:
Hi Everyone,

Any Suggestions?
First: don't use the 80% figure off the CIC website. Use the detailed data set: http://www.cic.gc.ca/opendata-donneesouvertes/data/000001-eng.xls

50% of applications in Mexico City are completed in 11 months. That's more realistic unless you think there are problems with the application: criminality, tuberculosis, concerns about relationship, etc. If you submit a complete application with all fees paid and complete (don't forget to check and ensure you have the latest forms 24-48 hours before you submit the applications) then you are more likely to expect that 11 month figure.

It doesn't make sense for her to settle for 22+ months processing (Inland) and give up the ability to use the IAD appeals route if there ARE problems.

susana

Nov 4, 2008
computergeek said:
First: don't use the 80% figure off the CIC website. Use the detailed data set: http://www.cic.gc.ca/opendata-donneesouvertes/data/000001-eng.xls

50% of applications in Mexico City are completed in 11 months. That's more realistic unless you think there are problems with the application: criminality, tuberculosis, concerns about relationship, etc. If you submit a complete application with all fees paid and complete (don't forget to check and ensure you have the latest forms 24-48 hours before you submit the applications) then you are more likely to expect that 11 month figure.

It doesn't make sense for her to settle for 22+ months processing (Inland) and give up the ability to use the IAD appeals route if there ARE problems.

Applications in Mexico are appoved between 6-11 months, do not apply Inland !

peimum

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
Summerside
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application, again on 08-01-2016
LANDED..........
16-02-2016
hshi said:
Hi Peimum, another option you could consider is the TN visa . Since your husband holds a US passport, it would be a lot easier. TN visa is good for 3 years.
What is a TN visa?