Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
21-12-2013
Med's Done....
Mailed together with aplication
This is very sad and frustrating... I will call my MP office first thing Monday morning and see what he can do.

Please everyone, go to your MP's all we can do it's try and get some answers!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
civic said:
Good luck with your US process. I hope the US route will be a more pleasant ride for you both. I believe so. I wish I could have that option, too. So sick of the Canadian system.

I urge people, sponsors or sponsored, who live in areas that are represented by MPs that are not Conservatives, to address this to your MPs immediately and ask them to present the issue to Parliament right after their summer recess. This is crazy ! They will go back to Parliament for first sitting on Sept 15, so 10 more days.
Nothing is stopping you from applying for Green Card in US if you are so sick of the Canadian system that much. Oh that's right. It's much harder to get. Your spouse likely doesn't have US citizenship so Green card through your spouse is a no go. a US spouse must have a minimum income to sponsor you and probably much higher fees as compared to Canada. Noticed that I keep mentioning SPOUSE. You would not be able to get Green Card under common law in your situation if you had the option. You would actually have to get married first. My apology to you is you are in fact married. I seem to recall you applied under common law. If I'm wrong my mistake. However the point is made regardless.

I know the immigration system in Canada has its pros and cons like any other immigration system in other parts of the world. And it does suck to see you guys get shafted to the bottom of the totem pole in immigration priorities. It always has and always will be. So I am not surprised at all to see the long timeline for inland applicants meanwhile those who applied outland are waltzing in pass you. That is totally unfair but it is what it is. If I had any say, I would rather see a consistent 6 months for 1st stage to get AIP and any increase in timeline needed to process the whole application must be added to the second stage. Right now it's 13 months for 1st stage and 8 months for 2nd stage. I rather see it be 6 months for 1st stage and 15 months for 2nd stage. Any increased "necessary" added time to PR processing in general must be added to the 2nd stage. After all the 2nd stage is suppose to be consist of background and security checks. This way applicants can at least get their OWP and health coverage.

hshi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
In case if anyone wants the details
This document is called Eligibility Manual , doc no.: HTH-2014-00164, page 14
Line No.11 from bottom :
It says below:

Spouse or child with has applied for permanent resident status

A resident's spouse or child who has applied for pernament resident status, that has not yet been approved, but is being dealt with by CIC, is generally eligible for enrollment under the account holder's plan

civic said:
CIC has updated its website today, September 5 2014, to reflect the processing time as of September 3 2014. Accordingly, the processing time for inland sponsorship has increased to 13 months. They have processed July 30 2013 applications for the past 3 weeks with no movement. Furthermore, CIC has been stuck with July 2013 applications since February 2014, meaning 7 months has passed and CIC still cannot move on. For the past 7 months, they have stopped working on new applications received after July 30 2013.

Many complaints and concerns have been addressed to CIC officials through public and different media channels, but things remain unchanged. As the summer recess for Parliament is ending, the Members of Parliament will soon return to their Ottawa offices, we urge all affected people to contact your local MPs immediately and request in-person meetings with them to address this issue. Please ask the MPs to present the case to Parliament and question Minister of Citizenship & Immigration Canada, Chris Alexander, as to why his department does not want to move on with Inland sponsorship, leaving thousands of Canadian families in extreme financial and emotional hardship. If CIC is not able to move on right now, we want an official answer from the Minister for why this has happened, and when it will be justified.

Together we must do our parts in sending a stronger message to the Government. As of today, we have already had more than 700 signatures collected during the 4 month period of this petition campaign. Please continue spreading the story to your friends, family members, for them to support us. Please feel free to use any article and data in this campaign website to convince your MPs about what is going on.

Thank you

Site administrator just posted it:
https://www.change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-improve-processing-time-for-inland-spousal-sponsorship-and-grant-open-work-permit-upon-aor/u/8064670

gfdvca

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Is there any practical way that we could submit an access to information request for the CIC internal memos which detail why the processing has been delayed?

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
gfdvca said:
Is there any practical way that we could submit an access to information request for the CIC internal memos which detail why the processing has been delayed?
That would be nice, but unfortunately I don't think anyone has found a way to get ANY answers about what's happening. I think if we had that, a lot of us would feel better. It's the constant delays that we don't have any idea why they're happening that's creating the feeling that NOTHING is getting done. I just want to work. Why do we have to wait so long just to work? I would gladly wait much much longer for 2nd stage if I could just get my AIP and OWP!!! 13 months not being able to work. And we actually sent in the application 2 months before they finally "filed" it. This is getting beyond my patience threshold.

robytheron5506

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
The reason is simple amd very frustrating they seem to care more about outland applications now
they appointed almost all employees to deal with outland applications and the little employees appointed to do
inland apps is probably not the experiemced ones thats why they appear to take long with jully aps I bey theres a few complicated cases in jully and its taking them weeks to figure out what to do.

robytheron5506

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
I bet the only way our inlanders can really do something about this, is we all write emails to the prime minister of canada and complain about the minister of cic's unfair decisions.

April Fajardo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
Interview........
Aug 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 24, 2015
rvaburaya said:
Website updated to 13 months now, still working on applications received on July 30, 2013 ....
This is taking forever!!!

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
This morning, I finally got an email reply from CIC Ministerial Enquiries Division in response to the request I made to my MP months ago.
It says all the b****t about "We are doing our best to process applications in a timely manner", "encourage to apply outland because it is faster", "it now takes an average of 12 months" and all, but it does not answer any of the questions I made, such as what is the reason behind this long delay, why are we put in the dark during this whole long wait process and etc. In summary, their response was not any more useful than the ones given by CIC call agents.

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
JohnnyP said:
This morning, I finally got an email reply from CIC Ministerial Enquiries Division in response to the request I made to my MP months ago.
It says all the b****t about "We are doing our best to process applications in a timely manner", "encourage to apply outland because it is faster", "it now takes an average of 12 months" and all, but it does not answer any of the questions I made, such as what is the reason behind this long delay, why are we put in the dark during this whole long wait process and etc. In summary, their response was not any more useful than the ones given by CIC call agents.
Sounds like the standard response that they've given out to everyone. We've seen the exact same letter posted in this forum before and it's still just as deceitful and useless as it was the first time we saw it. What we need is to get some of (many of) the opposition MPs to ask questions to Chris Alexander on the floor of Parliament.

Brazilian Canadian

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
robytheron5506 said:
The reason is simple amd very frustrating they seem to care more about outland applications now
they appointed almost all employees to deal with outland applications and the little employees appointed to do
inland apps is probably not the experiemced ones thats why they appear to take long with jully aps I bey theres a few complicated cases in jully and its taking them weeks to figure out what to do.
I don't think this is true... CIC only process the 1st stage for outland, 2nd stage goes to the office in the home country from where applied.
I do believe they have fired people after the strike, and that's why they sent inland applications to CPC-M, besides not having enough agents they prioritizing citizenship backlog, meaning they are actually NOT processing Inland right now, just from time to time. I said this before, but it's not a smart move to delay inland 1st stage since it's one of the few that have rights (work visa, health card) denied until 1st stage is completed.

One more week with no work at all, 13 months and 1 week. Every week with no movement sink my financial life more and more.
I'm so sorry for all of you, like me, recently married, unable to live the newlywed dream!

vortex

Aug 21, 2014
I wrote to my MP today, stated my frustration and despair, mentioned this is not just my issue, but thousand others in same state.
I asked it be taken to the parliament floor for questioning, debate and resolution...

We'll see if my MP is worth to help, please engage your MPs too.
:'(

RRSweet

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
I'm very saddened to see that there has been no movement. Although we received the last AIP of July so far, we continue to pray and hope for good news on here. Something needs to be done and it needs to be done now! We cannot go unheard any longer guys. There must be somewhere to turn or someone to get the word out!

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
RRSweet said:
I'm very saddened to see that there has been no movement. Although we received the last AIP of July so far, we continue to pray and hope for good news on here. Something needs to be done and it needs to be done now! We cannot go unheard any longer guys. There must be somewhere to turn or someone to get the word out!
ya i think RRS u are the last one from here got answer from CpC-M