Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wictory said:
I am a November applicant, AOR on 27th. What can We expect ??!!
Accordingly with cic webpage today, 13 months and 1 week... so 1st week of January.
Keep in mind the date that count is the received date, not AOR date.
But the truth is nobody knows, they can speed up things, and they can also delay even more.
We are all hoping that soon AIP will come flying and they will decrease 1s stage for the next applicants.

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
I applied to sponser my spouse with inland application. It will take 12 months to get the application accepted for first stage. So as my spouse living with me and enjoy implied status, my concern is about her health coverage here in Alberta. Because Alberta heath care only covers when you have valid visa and extend up to 90 days. So what about the remaining time frame. Please update me in this regard. Your comments highly appreciated.

I agree with some friends that spouse of citizenship might have Alberta health care coverage but it's not possible for PR residence spouse. I already call them and they made it clear that they can only extend the heath card for 90 days max only, if you already apply for the extension and nothing afterward if your status not decided by CIC.
As per rule you either have study, work, PR or visitor visa to qualify for services. But now best way out is that i have to get some insurance coverage. I already have one but do any one know any insurance policy that covers my spouse pregnancy and physician trips during pregnancy and after ward

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013 re-applied April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
vortex said:
I wrote to my MP today, stated my frustration and despair, mentioned this is not just my issue, but thousand others in same state.
I asked it be taken to the parliament floor for questioning, debate and resolution...

We'll see if my MP is worth to help, please engage your MPs too.
:'(
I just sent an email to our MP too. I would strongly encourage everybody to do the same so when Parlement starts Minister Chris Alexander will get a lot of questions!

Scarlett_R

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
21-12-2013
Med's Done....
Mailed together with aplication
3september2013 said:
I just sent an email to our MP too. I would strongly encourage everybody to do the same so when Parlement starts Minister Chris Alexander will get a lot of questions!
I would like to send an email to my MP too but can't find the right words to explain my frustration and sadness... Can you guys give me some advice as how to write a good letter that can get his attention?

I would ask my partner but he is away because of work and I don't want to stress him even more with this whole situation... We both had enough already with CIC :'(

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
Scarlett_R said:
I would like to send an email to my MP too but can't find the right words to explain my frustration and sadness... Can you guys give me some advice as how to write a good letter that can get his attention?

I would ask my partner but he is away because of work and I don't want to stress him even more with this whole situation... We both had enough already with CIC :'(
I really understand your feelings and frustrations, I'm a September 2013 applicant! But please send me an personal message and I would love to help you and send you our letter as example! And this is NOT a letter to cic but to the MP of the sponsors! We all know that it's a waste of time to call those clowns at cic but maybe together we can make a change when all MP's have questions for the Minister next week!

thegorchess

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-10-2013
Is anyone considering cancelling their application and switching to outland? My app was received October 1, 2013. At this rate it could be another year before they get to it. What do you think? Is it worth the switch? Would my husband be able to apply for a work permit after the outland first stage of 47 days? I don't give a rats bottom about the second half, I need to get him working!!!!!!

The only things stopping me at this point are:

a) the cost of redoing medicals, etc.
b) spite (I know this is what Chris Alexander wants and now that he is my sworn enemy I don't want to bend to his will)

hkalltheway

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
amjad3126 said:
I applied to sponser my spouse with inland application. It will take 12 months to get the application accepted for first stage. So as my spouse living with me and enjoy implied status, my concern is about her health coverage here in Alberta. Because Alberta heath care only covers when you have valid visa and extend up to 90 days. So what about the remaining time frame. Please update me in this regard. Your comments highly appreciated.

I agree with some friends that spouse of citizenship might have Alberta health care coverage but it's not possible for PR residence spouse. I already call them and they made it clear that they can only extend the heath card for 90 days max only, if you already apply for the extension and nothing afterward if your status not decided by CIC.
As per rule you either have study, work, PR or visitor visa to qualify for services. But now best way out is that i have to get some insurance coverage. I already have one but do any one know any insurance policy that covers my spouse pregnancy and physician trips during pregnancy and after ward
I am a PR (not a citizen yet), and have sponsored my spouse as a visitor. She has Alberta Health Care for over a year now. You must apply for a visitor extension to CIC, and once you get the extension in the mail, you can take that to your registry, which will extend healthcare until the date of extension on the extension document. When the document approaches expiry, Alberta Health will e-mail you that healthcare will terminate, upon which you would apply for another extension, and send that to Alberta Health. You can ask to extend for however long, but in our case, we got extension as a visitor status for one year, and then one more year after that.

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
hkalltheway said:
I am a PR (not a citizen yet), and have sponsored my spouse as a visitor. She has Alberta Health Care for over a year now. You must apply for a visitor extension to CIC, and once you get the extension in the mail, you can take that to your registry, which will extend healthcare until the date of extension on the extension document. When the document approaches expiry, Alberta Health will e-mail you that healthcare will terminate, upon which you would apply for another extension, and send that to Alberta Health. You can ask to extend for however long, but in our case, we got extension as a visitor status for one year, and then one more year after that.
Thanks, i'm from Alberta too but did not know that! I still got my health insurance in my home country!

Mocha7

Sep 17, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 3, 13
AOR Received.
Jul 30, 13
Interview........
AIP: Feb 7, 14
Passport Req..
OWP: Feb 13, 14
VISA ISSUED...
DM: May 19, 15
LANDED..........
Landing: TBA
thegorchess said:
Is anyone considering cancelling their application and switching to outland? My app was received October 1, 2013. At this rate it could be another year before they get to it. What do you think? Is it worth the switch? Would my husband be able to apply for a work permit after the outland first stage of 47 days? I don't give a rats bottom about the second half, I need to get him working!!!!!!

b) spite (I know this is what Chris Alexander wants and now that he is my sworn enemy I don't want to bend to his will)
Sorry to hear about your concern, but please note that outland stage 1 approval doesn't grant you the OWP like inland does. Also if they call for interview, your husband has to fly back to his country to attend, and consequently there's a chance he might be stopped at the border and wait for the outcome separately. You have waited for 11 months and please just hang in there.

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
Mocha7 said:
Sorry to hear about your concern, but please note that outland stage 1 approval doesn't grant you the OWP like inland does. Also if they call for interview, your husband has to fly back to his country to attend, and consequently there's a chance he might be stopped at the border and wait for the outcome separately. You have waited for 11 months and please just hang in there.
That's what I wanted to say too! I know it's getting harder and harder but hang in there!

Scarlett_R

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
21-12-2013
Med's Done....
Mailed together with aplication
thegorchess said:

You have already waited so long!! Email or call your MP I wil do it too and hope that he can get our concern out there to the parliament and to Mr. Alexander.
'
As everyone else is saying, hang in there! You can't get an OWP with outland aplication. I am November applicant and have thought about doing outland too but at this point I think it's better to wait and push my patience a bit more.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
hkalltheway said:
Thanks for this info. Would like to ask did you say that after the first visa extension expired you were able to renew again for more than 90 days? Cause i thought you are only allowed to extend for 90 days ? I plan to renew my visa again so i can extend my healthcard till the new expiry hopefully another year.

thegorchess

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-10-2013
Mocha7 said:
I am glad to know that 1st stage outland doesn't lead to a work permit. I guess that settles that. He is from the US and their processing times don't look great.

Phooey!