May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
MisterBob said:
Meanwhile, I know this is a great thread/forum but I also just created a facebook page for anyone that wants to stay connected with the community of inland sponsorships 2013/2014 and post any material/news that can help others to keep up to date with whats going on etc..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/inland.sponsorship2013/
There is an other group for everyone from the forum, if you are interested in joining:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/276732255840623/

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Could you please the writer of this post contact me? I hope you are reading this forum.
https://www.change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-improve-processing-time-for-inland-spousal-sponsorship-and-grant-open-work-permit-upon-aor/u/8056190

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sophieee said:
Could you please the writer of this post contact me? I hope you are reading this forum.
https://www.change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-improve-processing-time-for-inland-spousal-sponsorship-and-grant-open-work-permit-upon-aor/u/8056190
Just send a PM to user: Civic ;)

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rvaburaya said:
Website updated to 13 months now, still working on applications received on July 30, 2013 ....
These CIC people are crazy. The reality is they have stopped processing inland for 7 months now since Feb 2014 and they wont tell us why. So irresponsible!

I imagine they have LOST some applications during the transfer, or MESSED something up very seriously, and trying to fix it in the past few mths, and so they have to hide what they are doing from the public. An audit is needed. I dont want to be too imaginative, but I can only think of some sort of big scandals behind whats going on.

I urge people, sponsors or sponsored, who live in areas that are represented by MPs that are not Conservatives, to address this to your MPs immediately and ask them to present the issue to Parliament right after their summer recess. This is crazy !

MiriMinBC

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
civic said:
These CIC people are crazy. The reality is they have stopped processing inland for 7 months now since Feb 2014 and they wont tell us why. So irresponsible!

I imagine they have LOST some applications during the transfer, or MESSED something up very seriously, and trying to fix it in the past few mths, and so they have to hide what they are doing from the public. An audit is needed.
I realized how broken it was when I found out that they didn't open the extra docs they requested until late July (they said the 27th, that was a Sunday so I'm betting another lie) when they received them in March.

It doesn't matter if it's less expensive to apply than in other countries. You get what you pay for maybe. And it doesn't look like it'll change because here's no impetus to change. We are about to start the process for a consular green card processing for my husband. Whatever one happens first will be where we end up.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MiriMinBC said:
I realized how broken it was when I found out that they didn't open the extra docs they requested until late July (they said the 27th, that was a Sunday so I'm betting another lie) when they received them in March.

It doesn't matter if it's less expensive to apply than in other countries. You get what you pay for maybe. And it doesn't look like it'll change because here's no impetus to change. We are about to start the process for a consular green card processing for my husband. Whatever one happens first will be where we end up.
Good luck with your US process. I hope the US route will be a more pleasant ride for you both. I believe so. I wish I could have that option, too. So sick of the Canadian system.

I urge people, sponsors or sponsored, who live in areas that are represented by MPs that are not Conservatives, to address this to your MPs immediately and ask them to present the issue to Parliament right after their summer recess. This is crazy ! They will go back to Parliament for first sitting on Sept 15, so 10 more days.

MiriMinBC

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
civic said:
Good luck with your US process. I hope the US route will be a more pleasant ride for you both.
I urge people, sponsors or sponsored, who live in areas that are represented by MPs that are not Conservatives, to address this to your MPs immediately and ask them to present the issue to Parliament right after their summer recess. This is crazy !
Our MP is a Conservative. His office was very helpful in helping us work out my husband's CRA issues. CRA thinks I am a Canadian refusing to declare my work or give my SIN so they have withheld all of my husband's quarterly GST refunds for a few years, even though they have been sent all out info and the info about our Sponsorship process.

One thing I've learned from this is that it doesn't matter where you are. Governments and government employees are inefficient. But the systems are built to be that way.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC has updated its website today, September 5 2014, to reflect the processing time as of September 3 2014. Accordingly, the processing time for inland sponsorship has increased to 13 months. They have processed July 30 2013 applications for the past 3 weeks with no movement. Furthermore, CIC has been stuck with July 2013 applications since February 2014, meaning 7 months has passed and CIC still cannot move on. For the past 7 months, they have stopped working on new applications received after July 30 2013.

Many complaints and concerns have been addressed to CIC officials through public and different media channels, but things remain unchanged. As the summer recess for Parliament is ending, the Members of Parliament will soon return to their Ottawa offices, we urge all affected people to contact your local MPs immediately and request in-person meetings with them to address this issue. Please ask the MPs to present the case to Parliament and question Minister of Citizenship & Immigration Canada, Chris Alexander, as to why his department does not want to move on with Inland sponsorship, leaving thousands of Canadian families in extreme financial and emotional hardship. If CIC is not able to move on right now, we want an official answer from the Minister for why this has happened, and when it will be justified.

Together we must do our parts in sending a stronger message to the Government. As of today, we have already had more than 700 signatures collected during the 4 month period of this petition campaign. Please continue spreading the story to your friends, family members, for them to support us. Please feel free to use any article and data in this campaign website to convince your MPs about what is going on.

Thank you

Site administrator just posted it:
https://www.change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-improve-processing-time-for-inland-spousal-sponsorship-and-grant-open-work-permit-upon-aor/u/8064670

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
This used to be ridiculous till a few weeks ago. It's no longer ridiculous, it's getting scandalous and if they keep up that pace ie doing nothing, it *will* cause major uproar sooner or later that the government won't like. A Canadian family can remain on hold with one member being without work nor health coverage for so long until things get too tight to handle.