Waived
Passport Req..
AIP January 23, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM April 29, 2014
LANDED..........
May 29, 2014 after 14 months 3 weeks and 3 days
MaxLet said:
Hi @ Canuck*soon Since you applied on april 2013 your file will not be transferred to Missisauge. Only applicants from july 2013 and after seem to be transfered. It looks to me like you already got AIP and you are now in second stage. (Congrats :) first part is over!) AIP letter always says "it has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for PR..."
Now, you said you were asked for medicals and FBI clearence. and then you said you did medicals and fingerprints. FBI is a different check than fingerprints (fingerprints are done by RCP) (SOMEONE CORRECT ME HERE IF IM WRONG) so, which one of this were you asked to do? fingerprints or FBI clearance? and which one you did? Maybe you got wrong there!
E-cas stated that they start processing on jan 23, 2014 cuz thats your AIP date i must assume. cuz is the day they started processing the applicant for PR, before (since you submit in april 2013 till aip) it was your sponsor who was been evaluated.I hope I have cleared out some doubts, and if a senior has a say here, please correct me. Good luck and God bless!
Thank you so much for explaining the above for me. I really appreciate it and this forum very much.
When we originally started this PR process back in early 2012, we completed all of the things that we were asked to do including the RCMP fingerprinting and the FBI clearance with fingerprints and the medical and we were told that our application was complete by our rep. However it was eventually returned sent back to our rep. for more info. And resubmitted in 2013.
We redid the medical and the FBI clearance with fingerprints was initiated at the commissionaires and sent in with the fee to the FBI as it turned out our rep never sent it in in 2012 so it had to be redone. ( I'm American so it's required)
I'm so relieved to hear that we are finally in stage 2! It really helps to have a better idea of what's going on, it helps you not worry about it so much. Thanks again!

chinaman

Mar 8, 2014
Hi y'all,

After all this time, I just found this forum and the information inside really enlighten me. Good jobs guys.

I am a July 22 2013 received applicant, as I learned from here, I understand that many of the July Applicant already received their letters confirmed that their file has been transferred to Mississauga. Apparently I still yet to receive the said letter.

For those who contacted with the CIC office/Call centre, did they mention to you the reason behind such transfer, coz I read from other form that it wasnt a gd thing before. I did call today but I have an issue with one of the officer over the phone and his ans is one of those typical ans "please wait, you will receive a ltr soon and we have no more update other than that".

Do anyone here has a good speaking term with the officer and they gave you more ideal on the reason why they made such a transfer and will they speed up the progress as soon as the whole transfer is completed.

I came into Canada late April on Visitor visa and after all these months it just made one go nuts if yall know what that feeling is.

Anyhow, good nite guys and lets hope for the best.

cathrina26

Dec 11, 2012
ruppcs said:
Maybe you'll get it in a day or two? Where are you? I'm only about 40 minutes from vegreville so I'd receive it pretty quick. Is everyone else who got it in the Edmonton area? But I don't think calling would hurt. It might be frustrating but it won't hurt.
Hello there, I got a letter too last 2 days ago. I'm from Edmonton, and btw, I just wanted to ask, I have submitted my application last August 2013 under spousal common-law. i'm still on work permit, apparently, my current work permit will expired this month, can somebody help me with my situation? should i stay with my current employer while i'm waiting for my open work permit? I called to cic, and he told me that i'm on implied status even my work permit is expired. He told me that i still continue to work while waiting for the decision. but I am Confuse.. if I still allowed to stay or I still need a status while waiting for the decision.

Please kindly help me?? Thank you

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Blah, still on vacation, but still no landing appointment from the Halifax office even though we received DM on February 20th. I'm really hoping that they didn't just pass over us completely. :/

cathrina26

Dec 11, 2012
Hello there, I just wanted to ask, I have submitted my application last August 2013 under Spouse common-law. I'm still on work permit, apparently, my current work permit will expired this month, can somebody help me with my situation? should i stay with my current employer while I'm waiting for my open work permit? I called to CIC, and the agent told me that I'm on implied status even my work permit is expired. He told me that I can still continue to work while waiting until I reach a decision. But I am Confuse.. if I still allowed to stay to work after my work permit expired or I still need a status while waiting for the decision.

Please kindly help me?? thank you

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
chinaman said:
Hi y'all,

After all this time, I just found this forum and the information inside really enlighten me. Good jobs guys.

I am a July 22 2013 received applicant, as I learned from here, I understand that many of the July Applicant already received their letters confirmed that their file has been transferred to Mississauga. Apparently I still yet to receive the said letter.

For those who contacted with the CIC office/Call centre, did they mention to you the reason behind such transfer, coz I read from other form that it wasnt a gd thing before. I did call today but I have an issue with one of the officer over the phone and his ans is one of those typical ans "please wait, you will receive a ltr soon and we have no more update other than that".

Do anyone here has a good speaking term with the officer and they gave you more ideal on the reason why they made such a transfer and will they speed up the progress as soon as the whole transfer is completed.

I came into Canada late April on Visitor visa and after all these months it just made one go nuts if yall know what that feeling is.

Anyhow, good nite guys and lets hope for the best.
you are not alone i am July 24 applicant i didn't get my transfer letter yet too,

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
My application was received by CIC on Dec 31, 2013 (Vegreville) and I have AOR, and I received notice yesterday that my file was transferred to CPC-M.

yantaicalgary

Nov 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
Oct 3,2014
cathrina26 said:
Hello there, I just wanted to ask, I have submitted my application last August 2013 under Spouse common-law. I'm still on work permit, apparently, my current work permit will expired this month, can somebody help me with my situation? should i stay with my current employer while I'm waiting for my open work permit? I called to CIC, and the agent told me that I'm on implied status even my work permit is expired. He told me that I can still continue to work while waiting until I reach a decision. But I am Confuse.. if I still allowed to stay to work after my work permit expired or I still need a status while waiting for the decision.

Please kindly help me?? thank you
My situation is AOR on April 2,2013. My previous WP expires on April 12, 2014. However, I got stage one approval on Jan 23,2014 and OWP feb 7,2014, that was before expiration. In you case, as cic agent said as long as you applied OWP before current WP expiration. You are in implied status to work under the same employer. I will not worry too much. You July applicant I guess you would get your stage 1 news not far from now.

yantaicalgary

Nov 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
Oct 3,2014
Good morning everyone: fingerprints thing bother me. Cic only requested medical examination, no other things. I came to Canada as a worker since 2008. And I visited US in 2012 for 8 days. Do you think it is wired they did not request for fingerprints? :eek:

sage81

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC V to CPC M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
04-10-2013
yantaicalgary said:
Good morning everyone: fingerprints thing bother me. Cic only requested medical examination, no other things. I came to Canada as a worker since 2008. And I visited US in 2012 for 8 days. Do you think it is wired they did not request for fingerprints? :eek:
hey, dont be paranoid, if they dont ask for it they dont need it..by the way, on cic website it says you need a police report for any country you live in 6 months or over in a ROW. so if you stay in the US for 5 months 29 days you dont need it.

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
Hey everyone!

Just to add to everyone else that received their letters about the transfer, I received an email from our lawyer this morning telling me my application was transferred to Mississauga as well!

It's not the letter we've been waiting for, but regardless it's good to see some form of notification as to what is going on. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! ;D

corbs

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2013
AOR Received.
02-04-2013
Med's Done....
20-12-2013
MaxLet said:
Hi! I never needed fbi clearance either, i was asked for fingerprints (this ones are done by the Royal Canadian Police) and are not the same as FBI, i dont know if im right but i think fbi are for the ones who had lived in united states? maybe? thats why i asked canuksoon if they asked for fingerprints or fbi clearence, cuz they are two different things.
Pretty sure that an FBI check requires you to be fingerprinted.

corbs

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2013
AOR Received.
02-04-2013
Med's Done....
20-12-2013
yantaicalgary said:
Why would this bother you? Loads of people, including myself, have DM without having to submit fingerprints. Fairly certain it is only asked for when there are similarities between your details and someone who has committed a crime in Canada. Then they ask for fingerprints to check it wasn't you.

yantaicalgary

Nov 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
Oct 3,2014
corbs said:
Why would this bother you? Loads of people, including myself, have DM without having to submit fingerprints. Fairly certain it is only asked for when there are similarities between your details and someone who has committed a crime in Canada. Then they ask for fingerprints to check it wasn't you.
Thanks. I was worried too much I think . ;D