+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
cathrina26 said:
Hello there, I just wanted to ask, I have submitted my application last August 2013 under Spouse common-law. I'm still on work permit, apparently, my current work permit will expired this month, can somebody help me with my situation? should i stay with my current employer while I'm waiting for my open work permit? I called to CIC, and the agent told me that I'm on implied status even my work permit is expired. He told me that I can still continue to work while waiting until I reach a decision. But I am Confuse.. if I still allowed to stay to work after my work permit expired or I still need a status while waiting for the decision.

Please kindly help me?? thank you
What kind of work permit do you currently have?
Did you send an OWP application along with your PR application?

cathrina26

Dec 11, 2012
yantaicalgary said:
My situation is AOR on April 2,2013. My previous WP expires on April 12, 2014. However, I got stage one approval on Jan 23,2014 and OWP feb 7,2014, that was before expiration. In you case, as cic agent said as long as you applied OWP before current WP expiration. You are in implied status to work under the same employer. I will not worry too much. You July applicant I guess you would get your stage 1 news not far from now.
thank you yantaicalgary, Just suddenly a bit worried. hope everything will be alright, one of my friend just advice me that don't rely sometimes to cic call center agents. because they are not really updated sometimes. so that is why i've asked for help and second opinion. Thank you Appreciated.

cathrina26

Dec 11, 2012
Linden said:
What kind of work permit do you currently have?
Did you send an OWP application along with your PR application?
temporary work permit, and yes, I sent my OWP application together with my PR application.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
cathrina26 said:
temporary work permit, and yes, I sent my OWP application together with my PR application.
Ok sounds like you will have implied status after your current work permit expires. Though you have to follow the restrictions on the current permit. For example you can't change employers if your WP states that's it for a specific job.

cathrina26

Dec 11, 2012
Linden said:
Ok sounds like you will have implied status after your current work permit expires. Though you have to follow the restrictions on the current permit. For example you can't change employers if your WP states that's it for a specific job.
Yes, I'm still currently working with the same employer. Thanks for your help Linden. Just suddenly feel worried. So I'd asked second opinion. Thank you. :)

kaira1

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- VEG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 21, 2013
AOR Received.
July 11, 2013
Med's Request
Feb 17, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 26, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP Feb 17, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM April 9, 2014
LANDED..........
May 23, 2014
Need Help!!!

I applied for OWP on Feb 25, 2014 after i get my AIP on feb 17, 2014....How long does it take to get OWP....

Sept 11 2013

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Pls help guys im trying to change my address by using e-cas. by clicking the consent i will not be able to see my status any more? but still wanna see my ecas

Please remove the ability for me or anyone else to view the status of my application and address information on this Web site.
Note: Once you withdraw your consent, your application status and address information will no longer be available on the Internet. Learn about other ways of receiving information about the processing and status of your application and updating your address information by contacting us.

God be with us

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application
Interview........
Thankfully not reqrd
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
24-6-2014
Guys,

I got my letter from CIC informing about my file being transferred to CPC Mississauga .

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
kaira1 said:
Need Help!!!

I applied for OWP on Feb 25, 2014 after i get my AIP on feb 17, 2014....How long does it take to get OWP....
Processing times are shown on CIC website

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Sept 11 2013 said:
Pls help guys im trying to change my address by using e-cas. by clicking the consent i will not be able to see my status any more? but still wanna see my ecas

Please remove the ability for me or anyone else to view the status of my application and address information on this Web site.
Note: Once you withdraw your consent, your application status and address information will no longer be available on the Internet. Learn about other ways of receiving information about the processing and status of your application and updating your address information by contacting us.
Dont click that option. Just click the link for updating your address.

jayshe25

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville,AB Transfer to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
March 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 16, 2015
LANDED..........
March 16, 2015
I hope to really received my AIP and Open Work Permit next month because my Working Permit will expire next month, I know I still have an implied Status and I can still work with my old employer (But the thing I resigned a long time ago so I don't have work) But the main thing bothers me mostly is Here in montreal, Quebec if you're Work Permit expires automatically your medicare expire i mean my health card, and the requirements to renew it is a new document permit stating an employer name and the new expiration date but how can i do that if the immigration wouldn't send me a document, we all know that its expensive the hospital bill or doctor's fee, especially now that I'm pregnant I need the medicare :( or even if I'm not pregnant for example what if I got sick and need medical attention? I really hope that the transfer thing is a good idea. I really hope to have my OPW and AIP. Praying!!!

corbs

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2013
AOR Received.
02-04-2013
Med's Done....
20-12-2013
Sept 11 2013 said:

That's not in the same section. You don't need to click that.

corbs

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2013
AOR Received.
02-04-2013
Med's Done....
20-12-2013
cathrina26 said:
Yes, I'm still currently working with the same employer. Thanks for your help Linden. Just suddenly feel worried. So I'd asked second opinion. Thank you. :)
What kind of work permit are you on?

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
Linden said:
CIC does allow extensions of your medical results. Never heard it for this long of a time but CIC might have let it slip through the cracks.

If CIC did not request medical results why would you do it.

From CIC website

Note: If you had already completed an immigration medical examination, you must provide proof. Depending on how long ago the examination was completed, you may have to do it again. CIC will advise you if a new medical examination is required.

Linxord,

I guess it's up to you. You have AIP & OWP so I would say it's a matter of what is more important to you. Money wasted on an exam you may have not needed versus possible extra time waiting for your DM b/c you found out later that you needed a medical exam.
Just to be safe. I think I'll go through with it. It doesn't hurt to have medical sent to them when they didn't request it yet? It would be on file and if they realize the previous one is old they can use the new er one. I think it's better to go through with it. I'll try to give CIC a call too. See if they can give me any information. If not, I'll do it for my peace of mind.

On another note, how much does the blood test/xray cost. Is it included in the cost of immigration medical with the panel doctor or do you pay seperately. Considering AHS is having issues with my health insurance right now :/

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
Mrs_Canuck said:
Blah, still on vacation, but still no landing appointment from the Halifax office even though we received DM on February 20th. I'm really hoping that they didn't just pass over us completely. :/
I got mine via email! Check the spam folder just in case!