10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
ACS said:
Please do not take offense, but in my opinion, it is you who is perhaps at fault for not doing more research about the Immigration process before you made your decision in which manner to proceed with it. Everyone here made a choice to apply Inland or Outland based on what their priorities were. We were all aware that the process is not an easy one either way, but you make the choice to be separated from your loved one and continue working while you wait for approval, or to be with your significant other and unable to work.

So in NO way am I blinded, and I think “my picture” is pretty darn big......
^This. There is no perfect country. All have their strengths and their shortcomings. What's important is to educate yourself on what you're getting into when you contemplate a huge life decision like immigration (to ANY country). I could easily sit here and say Canada sucks because I deal daily with a language and cultural barrier (we're in Northern Québec), I can't work, and I don't have many friends. But I don't say these things. I knew what I was getting into when I chose to stay with my husband. I knew I wouldn't be able to visit my family while our inland application was in progress. I knew I would not be likely to ever find work here (not even fast food!) because I don't speak French. Instead of focusing on the negative impacts the move has had on my life, I look at these things as challenges. I work hard to learn French, and I get used to not being able to buy new clothes or drive a car as nice as the one I sold before the move. I accept that, even though I'm almost done with the immigration process, I'll never get to see my family as much as I'd like, because airfare is expensive here in Canada.

If I had a terminal degree and a lot of expertise in a high-paying field, I don't know if I would have made the decision to immigrate. I would have had to weigh the decision very carefully; was my love for my husband worth trading for professional satisfaction? Etc. I'm happy I didn't have to make such a tough decision.

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015
kookoo said:
THIS MESSAGE IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR THE PEOPLE PLANNING TO COME TO CANADA.
THINK TWICE.
BETTER DON'T.

Hi,

First of all sorry for the capital letters, but I wish I read a letter like this before coming to Canada.
I'm an advanced degree holder with an important career back at home. I got married to a canadian citizen, then came here after quitting the job I love. Thinking this country is a better (at least good) place to live. We made an inland application, just because I didn't want to leave my wife during whole outland application process (which takes more than 17 months for us). They told me inland process takes usually 6 months and I can work before whole process is completed with an work permit.
So, it's not true, and there are many other things that are not true about Canada. I want to share these points here, just to help other people.

- Don't underestimate the country you are already in, things you have, things you can do without moving to Canada.
- Don't think Canada is a much better place than your own country, it does have lot's of problems, some of them are very serious problems. Unless you are in war, suffering because of your religion or personal choices, don't come here.
- Don't think Canada can understand your valuable background, they are obsessed with canadian degrees, certificates and work experiences (Even you have better ones). Even you are a doctor, you can be a taxi driver here. Or as an engineer, you should sell hot dogs sometimes. If you want to do something proper, you should pay thousands of dollars to get some certificates or diplomas.
- Don't think Canada has a legitimate system or it's a fair country, they force people to be unemployed for at least 11 months, not securing your re-entery to country, not informing you well, not providing health insurance during this waiting period (in Ontario and many other places), they just charge you more than thousand dollars and make you wait at home in Canada. Like a prison.
- Canadian companies and services are literally stealing from you with stupid fees for everything. Also, I don't know any other country where they don't show tax when you purchase stuff but your income is considered always with tax.
- Don't come to Canada, unless you hit rock bottom and you don't have anything to lose. Here you can get a certificate of something and do an unskilled or low level job. Just after couple of years you may get better chances. But remember salaries are no better than any mid-level country.

Only good thing I saw in Canada was the people, they are really polite and friendly. But the rest is total bull*censored word*. Many people know this reality but It's too late for them to admit and go back home. If it's not late for you, think twice and better don't come to canada.

Now I have to leave my wife here, I'm going back home just because of financial reasons. I don't think I will ever come back here and I hope we can arrange something for my wife back at home as soon as possible.

Cheers
George
I'm sorry some of your expectations of Canada have not been met.
I have lived here for about 8 months. Lived and worked in the UK and Kenya too.
I'd say Canada is one of the safest places to live after some of the Scandinavian countries and the UK. Canada's drivers are mostly disciplined.
The health system has its problems, like all others, especially with the waiting times.

One really ought to stay positive once they get in here. The long immigration process, regardless of one's circumstances, soon comes to an end.
What I don't understand though is why there is a 10-month gap between Outland and Inland spouse sponsor approval. While in one case CIC works to shorten the time spouses are separated, in the other it lengthens the time they are desperate (for work and health coverage). But as someone said, it's THEIR system. Take it or leave it.

ArtSnow

Star Member
May 2, 2013
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
Doc's Request.
14-01-2014
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
02-02-2015
Med's Done....
07-01-2013
Interview........
05-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
ACS said:
Please do not take offense, but in my opinion, it is you who is perhaps at fault for not doing more research about the Immigration process before you made your decision in which manner to proceed with it. Everyone here made a choice to apply Inland or Outland based on what their priorities were. We were all aware that the process is not an easy one either way, but you make the choice to be separated from your loved one and continue working while you wait for approval, or to be with your significant other and unable to work.
This...

And you're calling me a racist? That's funny, I have in no way made any racist comment, but you comparing Turkey or even France for the matter, to Canada, is absolutely surreal.
The blame is on you, and let me tell you more, if you have such a great world class degree as you say, why don't you take the time you have to wait to gather the information of what you need to do in order to be accredited to work here when you're allowed to?
I know what I have to do when the time comes to work in my area, I've actually took online courses to make my credentials worth in Canada and in the last 3 months I had to refuse 2 job offers (very well payed I must say) because I didn't had my OWP yet.
It all depends on the way you approach things, but coming to a forum where everybody is impatient and frustrated waiting for their chance to work, bashing the country we chose to proceed with our lives (regardless the reasons) with so many unreal remarks (no Country in Europe but Sweden beats Canada's health system, that I guarantee) is uncalled for.
Best of luck in all your endeavors is all I can say.
Peace.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
canuck1900 said:
Hi does any one know how long CIC keep a Spouses Passport for ?
If we apply do we submit the original passport and can she come and go on travels from Canada while being processed? ( British passport holder)
This really belongs in the main spousal sponsorship thread.

As to the question: CIC doesn't ask for the passport of a UK citizen these days - they just need a copy of it ("visa exempt").

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
ArtSnow said:
... in the last 3 months I had to refuse 2 job offers (very well payed I must say) because I didn't had my OWP yet.
You should be asking those employers if they are willing to sponsor (e.g., obtain an LMO for the position) because you don't need an open work permit to work - just a work permit.

In addition, several countries have agreements with Canada to permit working in some skilled professions without an LMO (depending upon the country and the position).

An open work permit makes it easier for the employer and thus makes it more likely they will employ you, but it's not impossible to pursue other avenues.

canuck1900

Oct 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi - if I have applied for in Canada PR can I then travel ( I have uk passport ) out of Canada for visits etc? Will they give me trouble because I have applied for PR ?

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
canuck1900 said:
Hi - if I have applied for in Canada PR can I then travel ( I have uk passport ) out of Canada for visits etc? Will they give me trouble because I have applied for PR ?
It's advisable not to travel outside Canada when filed for an inland application.

ArtSnow

Star Member
May 2, 2013
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
Doc's Request.
14-01-2014
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
02-02-2015
Med's Done....
07-01-2013
Interview........
05-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
@computergeek

I tried, but they didn't go for it, actually in these last 3 years I had 5 proposals that I had to turn down because they wouldn't go for it, it costs them, and it might not be granted so that way is really hard, I know ppl who were lucky to obtain it that way...
Thank you for your help my friend, regardless :)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
ArtSnow said:
@ computergeek

I tried, but they didn't go for it, actually in these last 3 years I had 5 proposals that I had to turn down because they wouldn't go for it, it costs them, and it might not be granted so that way is really hard, I know ppl who were lucky to obtain it that way...
Thank you for your help my friend, regardless :)
If the said employers were not willing to put in the LMO for you, it means you are not worth the hassle, too expensive and probably would fail to get it on accounts that there are people here qualified for the position that can apply. Or that the pay offer is great for you, but in reality the job pays more and want to bypass LMO.

If these employers are not willing to do the LMO, it means you are not the best person for the job. Do they want the best candidiates or candidiates willing for less pay. If you are the best person for the job, they will put in the LMO for you.

It is no different from employers offering moving expenses or not. Those that offer moving expenses, wants the best employees. Those that don't, hire desprate employees.

Screech339

Guanaquito

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waiting forever :(
LANDED..........
Waiting & waiting forever
I am new here, I am getting everything ready to send my application as a common law sponsorship in a few weeks, I read in the immigration website cic that I can get my medical exam before I submit the application, I really want to do that to avoid any delay in the process, I am from Edmonton AB, I try get an appointment in the clinic around here but they all ask for the emedical imm 1017E but I don't have it, with out that they don't even let me get an appointment? Does anyone know if there is a panel physician in Alberta that allows up front medical exam and they provide you the form that you need after the exam to send with the application without obtaining the form myself before the exam? Because I have no idea how to do this? I can go to another city like Calgary any suggestions or advice please.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Guanaquito said:
I am new here, I am getting everything ready to send my application as a common law sponsorship in a few weeks, I read in the immigration website cic that I can get my medical exam before I submit the application, I really want to do that to avoid any delay in the process, I am from Edmonton AB, I try get an appointment in the clinic around here but they all ask for the emedical imm 1017E but I don't have it, with out that they don't even let me get an appointment? Does anyone know if there is a panel physician in Alberta that allows up front medical exam and they provide you the form that you need after the exam to send with the application without obtaining the form myself before the exam? Because I have no idea how to do this? I can go to another city like Calgary any suggestions or advice please.
You can go to the Dominion clinic near century park. Here's the link http://www.dominionhc.com/current_news.php
I went there and it was fast. Just bring your passport. Kinda expensivetho at $400

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Guanaquito said:
The CIC website has a current list of ALL the physicians that offer medical examinations. ANY Panel Physician can do an up-front medical examination. You can go to any doctor on the list - literally, in any country, anywhere. The examination standards are uniform regardless of where the Panel Physician is located.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

JAMIEB

Jan 21, 2013
HI All,
I am the very first name on the 2013 list and I finally received my AIP on september 25th. I was out of the country on vacation at the time so I haven't had a chance to update yet. I also received my PR letter and We have our interview on October 24th.
It was a painfully long wait and im happy to finally be able to move on with life here.
This forum has been very helpful to us and I wish everyone the best of luck.
Jamie

leoundesilva

Jan 11, 2013
JAMIEB said:
HI All,
I am the very first name on the 2013 list and I finally received my AIP on september 25th. I was out of the country on vacation at the time so I haven't had a chance to update yet. I also received my PR letter and We have our interview on October 24th.
It was a painfully long wait and im happy to finally be able to move on with life here.
This forum has been very helpful to us and I wish everyone the best of luck.
Jamie
Thank you Jamie for the update and congratulations! Now there is hope for those of us that applied this year, despite the stressful long wait...the night is far spent and the day is at hand, there is always a light at the end of a tunnel.

Deedeedar

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Med's Request
28-10-2013
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
LANDED..........
30-04-2014
I think JAMIEB applied in November 2012.