+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

vaida

Oct 10, 2013
Hi guys!

I'm new here, I've read a few things already and I must say, this forum is amazing! I had so many questions filling out those forms, but with all that info you guys keep posting everything's so much easier ;)
I'm just about to finish the whole application, it drives me crazy, I can't wait to send it out.
Just before that I want to double check so many things, and I have come across a few things I'm not sure about anymore.

I have my medical already, but I don't have police certificate nor finger prints from Canada, although I've been living here for a bit over a year. I've read somewhere that I need to attach only certificates from my country and other countries I've lived in for more than 6 months, but for some reason except Canada. So how is it for real?

I also got confused about filling out IM0008 Q3 how many family members including you is in this application. Someone said I should write 2, since it's me and my husband, but the form doesn't allow me to validate it with number 2, only with number 1. So I'm again here confused.

If anyone could help me out with those two, that would be awesome!

mrsc08

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2013
Doc's Request.
09-01-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2013
Med's Request
09-01-2014
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP: 23-03-2014
computergeek said:
Sigh. No. It is a statutory requirement of the spouse in Canada class that you be living with your sponsor in Canada. If you leave Canada for vacation or a business trip, you have not "stopped living" in Canada. But if you are refused re-entry at the border at some point it will be obvious that you are not living with your spouse in Canada and thus do not meet the statutory requirement.

Nothing in the law or regulations says "you cannot leave Canada while you have an in-Canada application in process". It's just that for those who are risk adverse the chance of being refused re-entry is more than they are willing to accept. To be honest, I've never seen anyone report that they were refused re-entry when they had an active in-process in-Canada class application. I'm sure it's happened, but it doesn't seem to be common and I've read a number of people report they have taken short trips outside Canada while their application was in process.
I'm not from a visa exempt country, I changed my status from a work permit to extending my stay here in Canada as a visitor though I'm on implied status. So once CIC grant me my visitor visa, can I leave canada and fly home with my hubby and our son, you think? Or we can even wait until I get my OWP? Following the step 1 processing time which is 11 months, I am hoping to receive my OWP in February.

Tuesdayc

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
SmithyLinds said:
Hi All!!! Just an update that my husband and I arrived back in Canada last night from England. We had no issues at all with the IO. All we did was show our proof of marriage and proof of our application for Inland Permanent Residency and that was that!! He asked how long we were away and then stamped our stuff and off we went!! Maybe we were lucky but it didn't seem to be an issue that my husband left Canada for 2 weeks.
This is great news! I have been wanting to travel to the States for a while but never did because I was worried about the issues coming back in. What kind of proof of application for inland PR did you guys bring along? They gave me a visitor visa applicable till May 2014 when I applied for the PR in Feb 2013. Is that sufficient or do I need to bring the paperwork to show? Immigrations canada sent me no other confirmation beside the visa extension... Sigh...

Tuesdayc

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
missboon said:
I'm from a visa exempt country...but I don't think I'd wanna risk leaving...If I leave and I have a visitor extension will that become void?
Same situation here! That's my worry as well since I need that vistor extension in order to maintain my drivers here. I used to hold a work permit here and managed to get in and out of Canada with no issue but the visitors visa is kind of puzzling. Do let me know if you figure it out! :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
vaida said:
I have my medical already, but I don't have police certificate nor finger prints from Canada, although I've been living here for a bit over a year. I've read somewhere that I need to attach only certificates from my country and other countries I've lived in for more than 6 months, but for some reason except Canada. So how is it for real?
CIC gets this information directly from RCMP. Only if there is an identity issue will they ask you to obtain a fingerprint based RCMP report.

vaida said:
I also got confused about filling out IM0008 Q3 how many family members including you is in this application. Someone said I should write 2, since it's me and my husband, but the form doesn't allow me to validate it with number 2, only with number 1. So I'm again here confused.
Just 1 - your sponsor is not immigrating.

niks1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
LANDED..........
27-03-2014
Friends,

I guess there will be no update on CIC website today.

I am still seeing Oct 2, 2013 as Last update date.....

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
niks1 said:
Friends,

I guess there will be no update on CIC website today.

I am still seeing Oct 2, 2013 as Last update date.....
I know, I've been refreshing the page all day long and nothing! ???

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015
Tuesdayc said:
This is great news! I have been wanting to travel to the States for a while but never did because I was worried about the issues coming back in. What kind of proof of application for inland PR did you guys bring along? They gave me a visitor visa applicable till May 2014 when I applied for the PR in Feb 2013. Is that sufficient or do I need to bring the paperwork to show? Immigrations canada sent me no other confirmation beside the visa extension... Sigh...
Oh, so you were granted a one-year visitor visa? Is it multiple entry?
I suppose the TRV paper (posted) or in the passport is adequate. You can also carry letter acknowledging receipt of your PR application.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
I like it here in Alberta. As Denmark being a very small country I am very surprised to see how many if us are out here, or Danish Canadians. We live next to two Danish communities, so going there is like being home in some sort of way.. Get the pastries, the beer, the rye bread.. Very European! Also we live about an hour from Banff.. But it's ah so expensive there! :)

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
Hi all, can you please tell me the exact website of that ECAS thing? IS this the same as CIC if I want to check the status of my application?

Thank you

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Hi Line.a
Do you like Denmark or Canada ?

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
Princess029 said:
Hi all, can you please tell me the exact website of that ECAS thing? IS this the same as CIC if I want to check the status of my application?

Thank you
eCAS (Client Application Status) from the CIC page. This is the link

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas

You can check your application anytime you want :)

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
sunsun said:
Hi Line.a
Do you like Denmark or Canada ?
Both, why do you ask?

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
I just wonder and that's why I asked you....I read :

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/10301496/Denmark-the-worlds-happiest-country.html

Thanks....