+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Tuesdayc

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
charliem said:
Oh, so you were granted a one-year visitor visa? Is it multiple entry?
I suppose the TRV paper (posted) or in the passport is adequate. You can also carry letter acknowledging receipt of your PR application.
Yes, a one year visitor visa. Nope, it states that it is not for re-entry hence I am worried that they will take it away shd I come in again. The thing is that my old work visas all had the same phrase but I always get to keep it coming in and out of Canada. Hence, I got confused.I don't need a separate visa for entering Canada. And CIC did not issue me any acknowledgement for the PR application at all (sadly) but I checked the status online. I think it may be cos both my hubby and I have the UCI number from ages ago, and that didn't change.

canuck1900

Oct 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi does any one know how long CIC keep a Spouses Passport for ?
If we apply do we submit the original passport and can she come and go on travels from Canada while being processed? ( British passport holder)

kookoo

Sep 16, 2013
THIS MESSAGE IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR THE PEOPLE PLANNING TO COME TO CANADA.
THINK TWICE.
BETTER DON'T.

Hi,

First of all sorry for the capital letters, but I wish I read a letter like this before coming to Canada.
I'm an advanced degree holder with an important career back at home. I got married to a canadian citizen, then came here after quitting the job I love. Thinking this country is a better (at least good) place to live. We made an inland application, just because I didn't want to leave my wife during whole outland application process (which takes more than 17 months for us). They told me inland process takes usually 6 months and I can work before whole process is completed with an work permit.
So, it's not true, and there are many other things that are not true about Canada. I want to share these points here, just to help other people.

- Don't underestimate the country you are already in, things you have, things you can do without moving to Canada.
- Don't think Canada is a much better place than your own country, it does have lot's of problems, some of them are very serious problems. Unless you are in war, suffering because of your religion or personal choices, don't come here.
- Don't think Canada can understand your valuable background, they are obsessed with canadian degrees, certificates and work experiences (Even you have better ones). Even you are a doctor, you can be a taxi driver here. Or as an engineer, you should sell hot dogs sometimes. If you want to do something proper, you should pay thousands of dollars to get some certificates or diplomas.
- Don't think Canada has a legitimate system or it's a fair country, they force people to be unemployed for at least 11 months, not securing your re-entery to country, not informing you well, not providing health insurance during this waiting period (in Ontario and many other places), they just charge you more than thousand dollars and make you wait at home in Canada. Like a prison.
- Canadian companies and services are literally stealing from you with stupid fees for everything. Also, I don't know any other country where they don't show tax when you purchase stuff but your income is considered always with tax.
- Don't come to Canada, unless you hit rock bottom and you don't have anything to lose. Here you can get a certificate of something and do an unskilled or low level job. Just after couple of years you may get better chances. But remember salaries are no better than any mid-level country.

Only good thing I saw in Canada was the people, they are really polite and friendly. But the rest is total bullshit. Many people know this reality but It's too late for them to admit and go back home. If it's not late for you, think twice and better don't come to canada.

Now I have to leave my wife here, I'm going back home just because of financial reasons. I don't think I will ever come back here and I hope we can arrange something for my wife back at home as soon as possible.

Cheers
George

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
kookoo said:
They told me inland process takes usually 6 months and I can work before whole process is completed with an work permit.
So, it's not true, and there are many other things that are not true about Canada. I want to share these points here, just to help other people.
Who gave you that misinformation?

The website is pretty clear about the processing times be it an Inland or Outland Application. Depending on what country you come from, the Outlands are usually processed quicker, since most likely the couple will be separated. Inland is known to take longer, since you are able to be together.

I’m sorry you had such a poor experience in Canada. I have travelled all over the world, and lived in a 3rd world country as well, and I can see there are good and bad things in every country, but from my personal experiences, I think Canada is one of the best places in the world to live. My husband and I choose to raise our son here, because of the excellent (FREE) education, healthcare and other programs. For kids there are limitless programs which are covered by the government. I also think Canada is a very safe and secure country, but then again you can be safe in most all countries if you act in a smart way.

There are many programs to help people who need it, if your income is below a certain amount you can get free swimming, dance, hobby lessons for yourself and children as well.

I agree that the Immigration process is difficult, but at the same time I understand why they don’t just give out free health care to everyone who applies instantly, and why the system has become so difficult, and this is due to all the people who have tried to cheat/unfairly take advantage of the Canadian system.

I wish you and your family the best possible outcome, and that you can live happily ever after in which ever country you choose!

canuck1900

Oct 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree , I too have lived all over the world and Canada is a great place.

Sorry to say this but you there looks to be a whole lot of hurt pride in the long negative statement above

sorry bro -

kookoo

Sep 16, 2013
ACS said:
Who gave you that misinformation?

The website is pretty clear about the processing times be it an Inland or Outland Application. Depending on what country you come from, the Outlands are usually processed quicker, since most likely the couple will be separated. Inland is known to take longer, since you are able to be together.

I'm sorry you had such a poor experience in Canada. I have travelled all over the world, and lived in a 3rd world country as well, and I can see there are good and bad things in every country, but from my personal experiences, I think Canada is one of the best places in the world to live. My husband and I choose to raise our son here, because of the excellent (FREE) education, healthcare and other programs. For kids there are limitless programs which are covered by the government. I also think Canada is a very safe and secure country, but then again you can be safe in most all countries if you act in a smart way.

There are many programs to help people who need it, if your income is below a certain amount you can get free swimming, dance, hobby lessons for yourself and children as well.

I agree that the Immigration process is difficult, but at the same time I understand why they don't just give out free health care to everyone who applies instantly, and why the system has become so difficult, and this is due to all the people who have tried to cheat/unfairly take advantage of the Canadian system.

I wish you and your family the best possible outcome, and that you can live happily ever after in which ever country you choose!

Sorry for your misunderstanding, with 6 months I'm talking about inland application process which is extended to 11 months.

First of all, I'm not coming from a 3rd world country I'm not coming from a rich country either. I'm from Turkey which is in the middle of world average GDP purchasing power, one of top economies in overall GDP. I lived in France for years studied and worked there. So If I write something I really mean that.

I believe because of being a parent and coming from a 3rd world country you have different expectations here. Canada is maybe a better place to start a life for kid, for sure better than 3rd world countries. But it's definitely not a good country to improve an existing life or a career.

Sorry but, EXCELLENT FREE education made me laugh, please check good canadian university web pages for a FREE education, then check french, german, swedish university pages. You will see what's free. If you are talking about low quality middle school and high school education, they are even worse than Turkey. (I know directly from some parents)

SAFE? Let me remind you shooting in Eaton Center last year, my wife was there. She could have been killed. She tells me another event happened in dorm room of a university where a girl was killed without a reason. These are the things I know just from my wife. Shit happens everywhere, including canada. But for example my wife never been middle of a shooting in Turkey.

HEALTH? I have never been in a hospital (because i just couldn't), but I know from people that HEALTH SYSTEM SUCKS here, unless you have something extreme like cancer and stuff. You should wait days, weeks or for some cases months to be treated. My wives brother fainted here, called 911 they made some research, in the end couldn't find anything. Then in Turkey he fainted again, doctor realized that there is a 5 KG of cyst in his belly which should be removed.

I know how well i treated in emergency service in germany, because i hurt my toe when I was drunk. I was just paying 66 euros for my monthly insurance. Think about how much you pay for taxes here.

I'm comparing this country with Turkey and France, where I lived not only traveled. I'm only talking about from my experiences, for the people who will start a life here.

Please don't get blinded. Sometimes try to look at bigger picture.

All my friends and family supported me to come to Canada, who didn't know anything about it. Now I'm back to a country ruled by conservative muslims and as an atheist I'm not happy about it. But I'm not blinded to see the problems here.

Bebecharmed

Mar 20, 2013
kookoo said:
THINK TWICE.
BETTER DON'T.

Hi,

First of all sorry for the capital letters, but I wish I read a letter like this before coming to Canada.
I'm an advanced degree holder with an important career back at home. I got married to a canadian citizen, then came here after quitting the job I love. Thinking this country is a better (at least good) place to live. We made an inland application, just because I didn't want to leave my wife during whole outland application process (which takes more than 17 months for us). They told me inland process takes usually 6 months and I can work before whole process is completed with an work permit.

- Don't underestimate the country you are already in, things you have, things you can do without moving to Canada.
- Don't think Canada is a much better place than your own country, it does have lot's of problems, some of them are very serious problems. Unless you are in war, suffering because of your religion or personal choices, don't come here.
- Don't think Canada can understand your valuable background, they are obsessed with canadian degrees, certificates and work experiences (Even you have better ones). Even you are a doctor, you can be a taxi driver here. Or as an engineer, you should sell hot dogs sometimes. If you want to do something proper, you should pay thousands of dollars to get some certificates or diplomas.
- Don't think Canada has a legitimate system or it's a fair country, they force people to be unemployed for at least 11 months, not securing your re-entery to country, not informing you well, not providing health insurance during this waiting period (in Ontario and many other places), they just charge you more than thousand dollars and make you wait at home in Canada. Like a prison.
- Canadian companies and services are literally stealing from you with stupid fees for everything. Also, I don't know any other country where they don't show tax when you purchase stuff but your income is considered always with tax.
- Don't come to Canada, unless you hit rock bottom and you don't have anything to lose. Here you can get a certificate of something and do an unskilled or low level job. Just after couple of years you may get better chances. But remember salaries are no better than any mid-level country.

Only good thing I saw in Canada was the people, they are really polite and friendly. But the rest is total bull*censored word*. Many people know this reality but It's too late for them to admit and go back home. If it's not late for you, think twice and better don't come to canada.

Now I have to leave my wife here, I'm going back home just because of financial reasons. I don't think I will ever come back here and I hope we can arrange something for my wife back at home as soon as possible.

Cheers
George
Hi George!

I know how you feel. It was supposed to be 6 months and it was unfortunate That it is 11 months now due to the strike. I agree in some of your sentiments. But You have to understand it is their system, be it at education or immigration. But once you passed the immigration processing, things will gonna be better. They have the bridging gap evaluation for educational and work experiences. I sure did have a degree as well and worked professionally for 8 years As HR manager but I ended up working in the fast food. Got insulted once by a customer because my subordinate did not perfect her services and was told stupid. Was really furious but what can I do but to tell the customer that if she has a degree here, I have one as well and I just shrugged it off. Living here is really expensive but to get by we just have to have faith that every thing will be better. You can eventually live to different provinces that is not that expensive to live. Just think that this situation is just a hard test for you and your partner's emotional bond can overcome. You are not here just to give up when circumstances didn't pass your expectation. I have known degree holders who are working in low skilled ones yet they are happy because they are with their family. Canada is a better place to raise your kids for their educational and health care. The very reason why immigrants chose to stay here.

ArtSnow

Star Member
May 2, 2013
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
Doc's Request.
14-01-2014
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
02-02-2015
Med's Done....
07-01-2013
Interview........
05-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
That's got to be the most delusional comment I've read in a while, so you're from Turkey?
LOL, I could go in detail and tell you a little about your country that I know way too well...
I won't, what I have to tell you is very simple, I lived in 3 different Continents the last 40 years, never I found a country like Canada, I don't think there's a better place to live and raise a family, you don't want it, good, go back and stay at your home country, you're one less delaying the process to the people who really want to be here...
Better close my mouth...

canuck1900

Oct 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks all but I think we have again lost the main topic.. Helping and encourging others as they immigrate to canada.. so can anyone help with the questions above?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
kookoo said:
THINK TWICE.
BETTER DON'T.

Hi,

Only good thing I saw in Canada was the people, they are really polite and friendly. But the rest is total bull*censored word*. Many people know this reality but It's too late for them to admit and go back home. If it's not late for you, think twice and better don't come to canada.

Cheers
George
I understand where you are coming from. A lot of people in other countries tend to think Canada is made of milk and honey. Easy to get a good paying job with their degrees and everything will be fine. Only to find that once they get there, Canada, especially regulated organizations such as engineering, medical field, doesn't recognize their education credenials. So they can't get the jobs they are looking for especially after quitting a good paying job/good life in home country. Even if they managed to land a good paying job, they will realized that they have a lot of hard work to do after realizing there is little after tax take home paycheque. The old point system immigration system was a flawed system. You get points for having a degree or more and yet it is not accepted in Canada. This is why they end up taking a low paying job completely unrelated to their education. Such as driving cabs or doing janitorial work or the like. Even then you come over to Canada and there is no job demand for your field of work, as compare to a demand for it in their home town.

The reality is that a lot of people who immigrate to Canada do not do this for themselves. They do this for their children/planned children's sake. Have a better education, better prospects for their children. It is all about the children. So they make huge sacrifices so that their children can have opportunities they themselves may never have.

Screech339

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
canuck1900 said:
Hi does any one know how long CIC keep a Spouses Passport for ?
If we apply do we submit the original passport and can she come and go on travels from Canada while being processed? ( British passport holder)
You might get better answers with a new thread, or in one of the outland applicants threads. This is for inland applicants, and CIC doesn't request a passport for inland applications. You just take it with you to the landing appointment.

SmithyLinds

Star Member
May 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
Tuesdayc said:
This is great news! I have been wanting to travel to the States for a while but never did because I was worried about the issues coming back in. What kind of proof of application for inland PR did you guys bring along? They gave me a visitor visa applicable till May 2014 when I applied for the PR in Feb 2013. Is that sufficient or do I need to bring the paperwork to show? Immigrations canada sent me no other confirmation beside the visa extension... Sigh...
Hi there!! All i brought for paperwork was a copy of our marriage certificate as well as the confirmation email stating our application was in process.....oh and the receipt of payment also

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
canuck1900 said:
Thanks all but I think we have again lost the main topic.. Helping and encourging others as they immigrate to canada.. so can anyone help with the questions above?
Exactly. Carry on now. George, sorry that you feel that way, but not everyone feels the same, please do not insult the intelligence of those that decided to immigrate to Canada. Not everyone feels the same about the problems they have confronted. And some of us actually did a lot of research before deciding to immigrate and regardless of the risks we decided to do it anyways, for whatever reason that was (mainly because we love our family and we would do whatever it takes to be with them). But I understand if you had a better job and now you have nothing, it must feel horrible. But I think every country has their flaws. Anyways... Good luck and blessings! Now...back to the main topic...

kookoo

Sep 16, 2013
Bebecharmed said:
Hi George!

I know how you feel. It was supposed to be 6 months and it was unfortunate That it is 11 months now due to the strike. I agree in some of your sentiments. But You have to understand it is their system, be it at education or immigration. But once you passed the immigration processing, things will gonna be better. They have the bridging gap evaluation for educational and work experiences. I sure did have a degree as well and worked professionally for 8 years As HR manager but I ended up working in the fast food. Got insulted once by a customer because my subordinate did not perfect her services and was told stupid. Was really furious but what can I do but to tell the customer that if she has a degree here, I have one as well and I just shrugged it off. Living here is really expensive but to get by we just have to have faith that every thing will be better. You can eventually live to different provinces that is not that expensive to live. Just think that this situation is just a hard test for you and your partner's emotional bond can overcome. You are not here just to give up when circumstances didn't pass your expectation. I have known degree holders who are working in low skilled ones yet they are happy because they are with their family. Canada is a better place to raise your kids for their educational and health care. The very reason why immigrants chose to stay here.

Thank you for your comment, now I have another real-life examples makes me leave this country.

I don't have any children yet, I have my lovely wife, I have world-class degree I want to live here, pay taxes, create jobs for canadians. Make this non-racist, welcoming place much better. That was the reason of my arrival. I wasn't here to abuse the system, I shouldn't be treated like that because of other people.

I'm leaving not because I can't resist a hard test, I'm leaving because of the other examples I gave, there aren't anything you can achieve if you fight here. There are just more problems.

ArtSnow said:
That's got to be the most delusional comment I've read in a while, so you're from Turkey?
LOL, I could go in detail and tell you a little about your country that I know way too well...
I won't, what I have to tell you is very simple, I lived in 3 different Continents the last 40 years, never I found a country like Canada, I don't think there's a better place to live and raise a family, you don't want it, good, go back and stay at your home country, you're one less delaying the process to the people who really want to be here...
Better close my mouth...
What does anything to do with the country I'm from? Don't be a rude racist, they don't accept people like you in country you want to live.

screech339 said:
I understand where you are coming from. A lot of people in other countries tend to think Canada is made of milk and honey. Easy to get a good paying job with their degrees and everything will be fine. Only to find that once they get there, Canada, especially regulated organizations such as engineering, medical field, doesn't recognize their education credenials. So they can't get the jobs they are looking for especially after quitting a good paying job/good life in home country. Even if they managed to land a good paying job, they will realized that they have a lot of hard work to do after realizing there is little after tax take home paycheque. The old point system immigration system was a flawed system. You get points for having a degree or more and yet it is not accepted in Canada. This is why they end up taking a low paying job completely unrelated to their education. Such as driving cabs or doing janitorial work or the like. Even then you come over to Canada and there is no job demand for your field of work, as compare to a demand for it in their home town.

The reality is that a lot of people who immigrate to Canada do not do this for themselves. They do this for their children/planned children's sake. Have a better education, better prospects for their children. It is all about the children. So they make huge sacrifices so that their children can have opportunities they themselves may never have.

Screech339
Thank you for your comment and understanding what I really mean.
I totally agree with you, if you have children it's a game changer. But my game didn't change yet.

I just wanted to share my comments for the people like me, and maybe inform decision makers be aware of the problem they create.

I'm off now.

Cheers
George

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
First of all let me clear up, I am actually a 3rd generation Canadian (3 of my 4 grandparents were born in Canada). I said I have lived in a 3rd world country before. I am not from there. I have chosen to do lots of travelling and live in other countries, because I think doing so is an invaluable experience towards creating an open minded, intelligent person. My comments and view points I believe to be quite well rounded and come from experience as opposed to just opinion.

I asked who gave you the misinformation; because it would be VERY unusual for the WHOLE process to EVER take 6 months. The 6 months that used to be on the website was just the processing time for the Sponsor to be approved, at which point if you also submitted your Open Work Permit you could receive it. Just as it has now gone up to 10 months, it could just as easily drop to 4 months by the time your Application is being processed. If you see the speed at which the 2012 Applicants were receiving Approval’s lately, I wouldn’t be surprised to see it drop in the next few months.

To me it seems that your anger would be more appropriately directed at the person who provided you with incorrect information.

The FREE Education I am referring to is Elementary – High School. In MANY countries you have to go to expensive Private Schools to get anywhere NEAR the quality of Education provided here in Canada. I used to be a Teacher, so I would say I have a fairly good idea what I am referring to. As far as anything beyond High School there are countless bursaries, scholarships & awards if you work hard.

SAFE? Need I remind you what the rest of the world faces on a daily basis??? Our views on what goes on are largely colored by the media, however of all the places I have lived and visited, yes I stand by my statement that I feel safer in Canada than many countries. I have been in very dangerous areas, including ghettos in Haiti, Dominican Republic and Europe, assisting my husband who is a Photographer, and you CAN be safe in any country even in dangerous areas if you know how to handle yourself. But that is besides the point. I am talking about day to day safety and security. And I do believe Canada ranks pretty high up there for safety.

I would MUCH rather have to go to the Hospital here in Canada than in the USA….there you can die in the waiting room if you don’t have insurance. All doctor’s make errors, I have had issues myself, and heard of many inside and outside of Canada. But in general our health care standards are far above MANY countries in the world.

Is Canada perfect? Far from it! No country is perfect, and all have their positives and negatives. From my experiences (and my husbands) living and travelling throughout North America, the Caribbean, Central America, South America and Europe, we chose Canada as the country to raise our son. We can’t wait until we can begin travelling again, but to live I say we are lucky to be here in Canada. I wouldn’t want to raise my son in ANY other Country.

In regards to Canada not giving out free Health Care to anyone who just applies for PR, I think it is 100% understandable. And a lot of this, as I mentioned, is to blame on immigrants who tried to abuse the system. Those who just come here to get the free health care and leave. If you are upset about that, be upset with those who abused the system and made it harder on all of us who have a spouse or loved one awaiting Approval.

The Immigration System IS more difficult than the US and Europe, because in many ways there ARE more advantages to living here. Besides those who abused the system ruining it for us -that’s also why the process is more through and harder to pass.

Please do not take offense, but in my opinion, it is you who is perhaps at fault for not doing more research about the Immigration process before you made your decision in which manner to proceed with it. Everyone here made a choice to apply Inland or Outland based on what their priorities were. We were all aware that the process is not an easy one either way, but you make the choice to be separated from your loved one and continue working while you wait for approval, or to be with your significant other and unable to work.

So in NO way am I blinded, and I think “my picture” is pretty darn big……