+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

nyquist

Sep 28, 2013
Gaur said:
Hi,

I'm planning to apply for my spouse from Canada. (waiting for the marriage certificate to come)

Can someone please tell me the details regarding the open work permit part which we can get after 1st stage?

We are also planning to travel outside country (for a month) after applying for the immigration.
Can someone please clarify if I can travel during the processing of my application because I heard they can void the immigration application if you travel outside Canada?

Also, I will appreciate if someone can share their timeline who recently applied. Does it really take 11+8=19 months to get the immigration?

Thanks in advance,

Gaur
Hello Gaur,
With the backlogging due to the strike first stage approval takes about 11months, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp for now. you can also check our inland applications 2013 spreadsheet from https://docs.google.com/a/eroglu.tk/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlF5vPwhP68bdENmTzlDSmpZTy1TRWdwamtLeURmZXc#gid=0

You can submit OWP application (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp) package at the same time with your PR aplication. This way once you get the first stage approval, you would be receiving the OWP immediately.

People recommend to not to travel during your application process. I personally travel very often, leaving Canada at least every month and sometimes spending 2 months away and coming back due to work. I never had issues with getting back into the country but this depends on the person as if you are inadmissible to Canada for ANY reason (criminal involvement, fraud etc) you wouldn't be considered as living with your sponsor inland and your application will be dropped.

Honesty is the best policy, especially when you are going through customs. Do not try to hide you have an inland application, be an open book you will be fine.

God be with us

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application
Interview........
Thankfully not reqrd
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
24-6-2014
Deedeedar said:
I've been volunteering with children more than a year now (before I sent the PR application and I had to do police check with this non-organization). I also typed into the PR application as they asked if I do any volunteer. Right now I also volunteer at the gym.

For my point of view I think it is ok to meet new people, improve my English and at least I have something to do not just stay at home.
Hey, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I was keen on joining this but now m worried. Moreover I Need to get my police check done.........

Let's see.....

Thanks to all for sharing your thoughts and experiences.

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
This is a little bit late, but I hope everyone had a happy and safe Thanksgiving weekend! :)

filipina311

Apr 3, 2013
Hi. Im in canada on a 6 month visitor visa to expire on nov 14 2013. Last august 23 my husband a canadian permanent resident and 8 sent our inland application for spousal sponsorship. Do i need to extend my visitor visa or am i already on implied status? Sent an Owp application together with the inland pr application, by the way. Received AOR sometime in septemberfrom Cic. :)

Thanks

niks1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
LANDED..........
27-03-2014
filipina311 said:
Hi. Im in canada on a 6 month visitor visa to expire on nov 14 2013. Last august 23 my husband a canadian permanent resident and 8 sent our inland application for spousal sponsorship. Do i need to extend my visitor visa or am i already on implied status? Sent an Owp application together with the inland pr application, by the way. Received AOR sometime in septemberfrom Cic. :)

Thanks
Hi,

I am not too sure about implied status...I was in the same boat and I applied for visa extension online and received the new visitor record from CIC...I would suggest to apply for the extension just to be on the safe side...

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Or call the CIC call centre and ask first. They seem to be throwing around the term 'implied status' loosely these days. Personally, I would take the agents name down and his/her word for it. Others here however may suggest that they would not.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
filipina311 said:
Because you submitted an application for temporary status with the PR application, you are covered under the implied status doctrine.

Note: you must not leave Canada while under implied status. As a general rule, Implied Status expires when you leave Canada.

Blackdisc

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Line.a said:
I'm pretty positive you can get OHIP as soon as you get your OWP.
I think that you cannot get OHIP on OWP without a confirmed employment that will be for at least 6 months duration.

NatashaP.

Oct 4, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
Med's Done....
08-05-2013
Interview........
04-03-2014
filipina311 said:

Thanks
I was in the same situation month ago. I called CIC - they told me that I need to extend my visitor visa, so I did. But I also contacted an immigration consultant - he said that I don't have to extend my visa because I've already have an implied status during the PR process.

leni

Jan 2, 2013
It was so touched after reading some of your thoughts about how to survive while waiting for the AIP and OWP. I was expecting my waiting time for the first stage would be over anytime from the beginning of this month until I checked on the cic website updated it from 6 months to 11 months. It was really encouraging though to have you guys to support each other who are on the same boat! I was so down for the last few months being without job and alone at home when hubby was at work for the most time. It is tough that I always have a little voice to tell me "you can't do this, you can't buy that or you can't go there" because of just living off of my husband. Although he didn't say anything and actually being quite supportive to me and giving me a task(s)(even just like going to get mails) almost everyday, I used to work a lot and live my life beautifully and now my world is like grey -- no job, no car, no money, no life...but at least I have my hubby and you guys make me feel much better. I'll try to be more positive and keep making myself busy. Thank you very much guys for the moral support!

Leni

salsal31

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
We are moving slowly but surely November 16 yay!!! Hold on tight 2013 applicants soon it will be our turn. I think we might start getting feedback from CIC sometime in December, if they keep working on this pace. :)

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
salsal31 said:
We are moving slowly but surely November 16 yay!!! Hold on tight 2013 applicants soon it will be our turn. I think we might start getting feedback from CIC sometime in December, if they keep working on this pace. :)
does mean people who start Sept.2013 have to wait until Aug 2014 then CIC will start process and then wait 11 months to finish 1st stage ??

Spikey92

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-05-2013
Med's Done....
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-03-2014
yata520 said:
does mean people who start Sept.2013 have to wait until Aug 2014 then CIC will start process and then wait 11 months to finish 1st stage ??
No,the 11 months start once your application has been received. If you sent your application in September 2013 then you will likely get first stage approval in August 2014.

LeBon

May 21, 2013
Hi everyone!

My application to be sponsored by my wife was received in Vegreville on Oct 2. I'm really hoping the breakthrough in the labor issue causes the processing time to come back down to the level it was a few months ago!

Currently in staying in Montreal on a visitor visa valid until Jan 14. I'd be interested to hear from anyone else doing Inland through Quebec :)

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
LeBon said:
Hi everyone!

My application to be sponsored by my wife was received in Vegreville on Oct 2. I'm really hoping the breakthrough in the labor issue causes the processing time to come back down to the level it was a few months ago!

Currently in staying in Montreal on a visitor visa valid until Jan 14. I'd be interested to hear from anyone else doing Inland through Quebec :)
I'm just finishing up the inland process through Québec. Landed last week. It doesn't seem to be *that* different from the ROC ("rest of Canada") process, except for having to request the CSQ (the certificat de sélection du Québec - which CIC will prompt you to do) and having to pay an extra $266 for the privilege. The CSQ doesn't seem to slow the process down at all.

My timeline is in my signature. Took over 10 months to get AIP, but got extremely lucky and got DM at the same time. Now the only thing left is to receive my PR card. Went down to Québec to register for my first-ever provincial health card yesterday. The people in Québec, from the staff at the Regie's office to people at the mall and the waitress at the restaurant where we had lunch were all SO nice to me! (I'm obviously an Anglophone, but I've been learning French since I arrived last year, and I always make a strong effort to communicate in French.)

I don't know if you speak French or not, but if you don't and wish to learn, or if you wish to improve your French, Québec offers free language courses for immigrants. You can qualify after AIP, and if you'd like to know more, I'll be happy to send some information your way. I haven't taken advantage of those courses yet, as I am in a French course through the military (my husband is military, and I was able to get into a French course on the base), but I will definitely be taking some in the future. I intend to be bilingual in the next few years. Bienvenue au Québec!