Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
AniWinnipeg said:
;D ;D ;D ;D wooohooo got DM today! CIC is still doing work.
Congratulations!!!-Let us know when you receive your landing appointment!!!-I'll give me an idea since we are in the same place!

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
jiggyzealous said:
Wow wow! Happy Thursday is coming when the site will be updated. Will it go beyond October 12th or it'll be stuck there for another 20 weeks
I hope it moves to October 20 atleast. But, then again it's CIC the date might move back lol.
P.S. Do they update at a specific time or is it random?

Jul 21, 2013
Edmonton
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2013
AOR Received.
04-02-2013
Hi canadaeh1234

it is very funny they did not ask for any documents. Usually you will need to bring the official document and a copy.

I do not think that should be a problem, but you could also go to the admissions department and talk to them. Bring your documents and they will do what is best.

Congrats! you are almost done (I wish I were there too).

canadaeh1234 said:
i need insights..

I applied to UBC as unclassified student and got accepted. I mentioned to one of the advisors that I am applying for permanent resident and that my application was approved last April 9,2013 and i am waiting for vancouver office to contact me in finalize my resident status. Now I tried registering and i have noticed that my status was changed to permanent resident. i mentioned this twice already to an advisor to clarify but said that i was permanent resident in there system since april 10, they didn't even ask for proof except for the decision made letter that i have showed them. now i am just concerned because i still have not landed yet and maybe i will have problems at the immigration at the same time i dont want to give up my school.

any suggestions?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
I think I have become OCD with this dang forum and that stinking online ECAS ;D

No matter what I am doing, I find myself going back to look and see if anything has changed in the last 10 minutes!

I think I might need an intervention! :p

sweetsher

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
@ alurra71. u r not alone my frend. i do everyday day in day out"! i cant help myself but check my email and this forum like every 5 minutes!:(

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
Alurra71 said:
I think I have become OCD with this dang forum and that stinking online ECAS ;D

No matter what I am doing, I find myself going back to look and see if anything has changed in the last 10 minutes!

I think I might need an intervention! :p
Intervention eh?Lol......It'll get better when folks get AIP so they can work!!!!-Am busy with work so I barely look at ecas,I pop on here often to see how everyone is doing though:)

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Mrembo said:
Intervention eh?Lol......It'll get better when folks get AIP so they can work!!!!-Am busy with work so I barely look at ecas,I pop on here often to see how everyone is doing though:)
Ohhhh, if only I could go to work! ::)

gimmeThatPR

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
06-06-2012
Med's Request
30-01-2013
Med's Done....
08-02-2013
Alurra71 said:
Ohhhh, if only I could go to work! ::)
I am working full time...still refresh my email literally every minute... :(

This wait is so stressful

goldmoon

Star Member
May 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
AOR Received.
27-12-2012
Med's Done....
18-10-2012 AIP Received : 19-09-2013 DM received : 29-09-2013
Interview........
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
jiggyzealous said:
Wow wow! Happy Thursday is coming when the site will be updated. Will it go beyond October 12th or it'll be stuck there for another 20 weeks
I think they'll update it tomorrow (Friday) seeing that Monday was a Government holiday.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
goldmoon said:
I think they'll update it tomorrow (Friday) seeing that Monday was a Government holiday.
August 5th is not what I call a government holiday. Its a holiday that all workers private and public gets off. A government holiday would be holidays that only public sector employees have off, ie rememberance day and easter monday.

Screech339

canadianthrower

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2012
Interview........
12-02-2014
goldmoon said:
Don't think Monday being off would make a difference for a Wednesday update. Plus it wasn't a statuatory holiday, so it's not mandatory for people to get off work. My husband had to work that day.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
canadianthrower said:
Don't think Monday being off would make a difference for a Wednesday update. Plus it wasn't a statuatory holiday, so it's not mandatory for people to get off work. My husband had to work that day.
Monday is not a statutory holiday for all. Only BC, NB, NW, Nunavut and SK. Not for alberta. But can be a paid vacation as hertiage day. The rest of the provinces is a pronvincal holiday.

Screech339

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
Hi everyone! I am new here. So hopefully I have not messed this message up too badly.

I am Canadian and my fiance is from the UK. We are getting married in 2 weeks and I am wanting to send the application off as soon as we get our marriage certificate.

I am now compiling our "evidence" and filling out forms.

We want to send off his medical before or with the application so as to not delay it later but are running into problems.

One of the approved panel drs said my fiance needs to wait until CIC requests it and sends my fiance the medical forms with a bar code on the bottom. I called the CIC and they said because he is in Canada (He is on his second IEC), that CIC may not even require a medical so he must wait to see if they request one. She also said the medical forms are no longer availlable before hand.

I have read these forums a lot and know other people have sent their medicals in before hand. So please tell me how you did this???????

Second, is there such a thing as sending the medical in too early? My fiance does have a UCI number from his IEC visas. But if there is a difference of a month between the medical being done and them receiving our application will that be a problem?

I really appreciate your help.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Becki567 said:
Hi everyone! I am new here. So hopefully I have not messed this message up too badly.

I am Canadian and my fiance is from the UK. We are getting married in 2 weeks and I am wanting to send the application off as soon as we get our marriage certificate.

We want to send off his medical before or with the application so as to not delay it later but are running into problems.

One of the approved panel drs said my fiance needs to wait until CIC requests it and sends my fiance the medical forms with a bar code on the bottom. I called the CIC and they said because he is in Canada (He is on his second IEC), that CIC may not even require a medical so he must wait to see if they request one. She also said the medical forms are no longer availlable before hand.

I have read these forums a lot and know other people have sent their medicals in before hand. So please tell me how you did this???????

Second, is there such a thing as sending the medical in too early? My fiance does have a UCI number from his IEC visas. But if there is a difference of a month between the medical being done and them receiving our application will that be a problem?

Hi beckie.

First of all, pardon my ignorant, what is IEC visa? Not familiar with that.

Second: I don't see why doing a medical early makes a different. In fact, my wife did her medical in June and sent copies of medical receipt (proof of medical test) in with the application 2 months later. If I were you, I would go to a different designated doctor and get it done there. You are not stuck with that doctor just because the doctor is the closest. I would have went ahead with medical test regardless of what your doctor/CIC told me. I rather have them receive the medical record than having the process delayed longer by waiting for their request. Same goes for police check.

There was a case of one person who waited for PR ending up getting a Decision Made email (probably a refusal) before CIC been asking for police record/medical request to the old address (they moved after application sent in), and CIC assumed they abandon the process due to no response from them.

Screech339

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Becki567 said:

Hi for inland, it is actually advised as per the instruction guide to submit medical and police certificates and all the fees with the original application to avoid any delays. You just have to follow medical instructions guide on the website. Last year I just printed out the form, scheduled a medical exam with a near registered practitioner (listed on the cic website as well.) and submitted copy of receipt. Good luck with your application