Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
screech339 said:
Hi beckie.

First of all, pardon my ignorant, what is IEC visa? Not familiar with that.

Second: I don't see why doing a medical early makes a different. In fact, my wife did her medical in June and sent copies of medical receipt (proof of medical test) in with the application 2 months later. If I were you, I would go to a different designated doctor and get it done there. You are not stuck with that doctor just because the doctor is the closest. I would have went ahead with medical test regardless of what your doctor/CIC told me. I rather have them receive the medical record than having the process delayed longer by waiting for their request. Same goes for police check.

There was a case of one person who waited for PR ending up getting a Decision Made email (probably a refusal) before CIC been asking for police record/medical request to the old address (they moved after application sent in), and CIC assumed they abandon the process due to no response from them.

Screech339
The IEC visa is basically a working holiday visa that people under the age of 30 can take advantage of for two 1 year periods.

Did the doctor you went to have the medical forms he needs to fill out at his office or did you take forms with you? I did call another doctor but they also said I had to bring my own forms and 4 passport pictures.

Im so confused.

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
jenny12345 said:
Hi for inland, it is actually advised as per the instruction guide to submit medical and police certificates and all the fees with the original application to avoid any delays. You just have to follow medical instructions guide on the website. Last year I just printed out the form, scheduled a medical exam with a near registered practitioner (listed on the cic website as well.) and submitted copy of receipt. Good luck with your application
Thank you for your reply. I have tried this but have been unable to find the medical exam form anywhere on the website.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Becki567 said:
Thank you for your reply. I have tried this but have been unable to find the medical exam form anywhere on the website.
There is no medical forms for you to fill out. Just the medical report IMM1017SCLE.
We just filled in name, address and under declaration we wrote "see photocopies of medical receipts and designated doctor and their location and date of examination.

Didn't sign it as doctor is the one who declare it. Not us. So we just submit the form as written with application. The doctor fill their own forms and we provided 4 PR pics. The doctor sends in the medical results to CIC.

Screech339

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess they changed it, I checked the website and here is the new instruction.

"This is called an up front medical exam.

You can contact a panel physician directly to get your medical exam if you apply under one of the following categories:

Family Class: Spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner
Family Class: Dependent children of the sponsor or the sponsor’s spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner
Once your medical exam has been completed, the doctor will give you a document confirming that you underwent a medical exam. You must include a copy of that document with your application.

If the doctor works with the eMedical electronic system:

they will give you an up-front medical notification printout.
If the doctor works with a paper system:

they will give you a copy of the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form.
You must attach that form to your application before you submit it to the visa office. If you apply online, you must upload that form before you can submit your application."

Just contact the other doctors who are registered in your area.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
jenny12345 said:

You can contact a panel physician directly to get your medical exam if you apply under one of the following categories:

Family Class: Dependent children of the sponsor or the sponsor's spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner
Once your medical exam has been completed, the doctor will give you a document confirming that you underwent a medical exam. You must include a copy of that document with your application.

You must attach that form to your application before you submit it to the visa office. If you apply online, you must upload that form before you can submit your application."

When we did the medical, even with the paper route, the doctor never gave us any forms to submit with application. When we asked reception about proving CIC we did the medical, they told us to submit copies of medical receipts. Not to lose them as it is our only proof of medical.

I guess it may depend on the doctor you meet. Some may still be on the old method of submitting medical reports and not up-to-date on new requirements.

Screech339

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
jenny12345 said:

Family Class: Dependent children of the sponsor or the sponsor's spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner

Thank you! I am not sure where you found it but bless you. I could only keep finding spots that said you can not get your medical done first unless you are applying under Family Class but nowhere to tell me what to do after that.

I really appreciate it!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Becki567 said:
Thank you! I am not sure where you found it but bless you. I could only keep finding spots that said you can not get your medical done first unless you are applying under Family Class but nowhere to tell me what to do after that.

I really appreciate it!
I think the only reason I can see CIC/doctor telling you to wait til request in your case because your husband is on IEC visa and thus his medical result may still be valid for sponsorship due to medical result is good for 1 year, depending on when you are submitting application. But in any case, I think it is advisable to do a medical exam anyway so that it will extend the medical result at least for a year instead of existing medical result expiring from IEC visa.

Screech339

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When I did my Medical about 2 months ago I was given a E-Medical Form which has all of my information and it also has a bar code on it.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Jamesdavid3 said:
When I did my Medical about 2 months ago I was given a E-Medical Form which has all of my information and it also has a bar code on it.
Must be a new procedure put in place a few months ago. We were not given any forms whatsoever, only receipts of payments. So we sent in copies of it with application. The new procedure is the correct way as you would offically have a form to submit with application. We didn't which I thought was odd.

Screech339

goldmoon

Star Member
May 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
AOR Received.
27-12-2012
Med's Done....
18-10-2012 AIP Received : 19-09-2013 DM received : 29-09-2013
Interview........
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Didn't know that it wasn't a government holiday, but apparently CIC treated it as such haha ( evidence: No update today ::) ) Maybe they might change the date to October 19... guess am too ambitious :)

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
Must be a new procedure put in place a few months ago. We were not given any forms whatsoever, only receipts of payments. So we sent in copies of it with application. The new procedure is the correct way as you would offically have a form to submit with application. We didn't which I thought was odd.

Screech339
Yeah I don't know how you would do it without a form, if you just submit the receipts that doesn't tell CIC anything apart from that you paid for it. I guess they would have to contact the Doctors you had the check to ask the questions there. With the new procedure they would simply scan the document and all of the information would be right in front of them.

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
updated...no movement.

canadaeh1234

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
Ohw I forgot to mention, on my second DM letter, VANCOUVER was bold and all caps.. the previous one is not.

why do you think?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Jamesdavid3 said:
Yeah I don't know how you would do it without a form, if you just submit the receipts that doesn't tell CIC anything apart from that you paid for it. I guess they would have to contact the Doctors you had the check to ask the questions there. With the new procedure they would simply scan the document and all of the information would be right in front of them.
Well there was a form but the doctor filled it out himself and forward the documents to the CIC himself. So when we submitted the receipts, along with who was the doctor, their office location and date of examination, I assume the papers were found on a shelf somewhere at CIC office with information we gave.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
canadaeh1234 said:
Ohw I forgot to mention, on my second DM letter, VANCOUVER was bold and all caps.. the previous one is not.

why do you think?
Not sure why your previous DM letter wasn't CAPPED and BOLD. When we had our DM letter it was capped and bold too.

Screech339