Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
ichbinella said:
i am trying to express concerns over the extension matter to CIC cos I work as a freelance reporter and I told my boss about this situation, she let me dig into the topic and sent a media request to CIC asking for explanation.

U know what, the spokesperson asked me from where I knew it was 3 months before and now changed to 6 months.. i told her applicants have such experience and got the info from CIC call centre agents. The spokesperson said she would need some time to figure out the situation for Vancouver office. I will give updates if they really get back to me. (Sometimes they just let the topic flow without further response)
owh, the agent i was talking to confirmed that information was sent to them july 10, for me i was like, what the f*** coz i waited three months to call back and was hoping that cic call center can send a message to vancouver office regarding my landing appointment. honestly i really felt bad when i heard they extended it to 6 months without informing applicants who were waiting already to finalize the application. i felt like they dont give a damn to us applicants, because if they did, they should have given notice to us, a writing from them would really be great. but they chose not to inform us.

however, i am still hopeful, it will arrive before september because i really want to back to school. i feel bad for myself because ive set myself to going back to school already so ican help my husband build our family's future. :(

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
can you take courses at this moment if yes, then just register for them and talk to the school office they might understand your situation and give you extension for fee deadline. Best of luck u probably will land in August.

brightstar87

Feb 19, 2013
hi i hope someone can please guide me .i applied for spousal sposnsorship in june 2012 and got aip in january 2013 and they transferred my file in april stating that we are transferring ur file to ur local office for further processing and they might call you for an interview and they will inform you about their decision via mail and i havent heard anything since and do they transfer everybodys file to the local office and how long can it take? and do they inform you by snail mail first or do they update on ecas first ?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
brightstar87 said:
hi i hope someone can please guide me .i applied for spousal sposnsorship in june 2012 and got aip in january 2013 and they transferred my file in april stating that we are transferring ur file to ur local office for further processing and they might call you for an interview and they will inform you about their decision via mail and i havent heard anything since and do they transfer everybodys file to the local office and how long can it take? and do they inform you by snail mail first or do they update on ecas first ?
They can transfer a file to a local office AFTER AIP for a variety of reasons, including concerns about identity of the applicant, criminality or security concerns, program integrity (e.g., they picked you to review to make sure they're doing things correctly) or medical issues. The best thing to do is to submit an ATIP request and ask for your "electronic case notes" so they can send you the long printout of all the database records made about your file.

The longest I've ever heard an inland processing application to take was six years (and the applicant was still waiting at that point in time) but ~18 months seems to be common for the heavily loaded offices. In September 2013 you will be able to contact your MP and ask for assistance because you will be beyond the published 8 month processing time.

Annabell

Jun 27, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
08-01-2013
Med's Done....
14-09-2012
LANDED..........
May 19, 2015
@victorswife re. Infertility and immigration

Totally understand your post. I'm the applicant and its driving me mad waiting too. I'm highly educated And cannot stand sitting around all day. Plus have every sympathy on the baby front as we lost one in the UK just before moving , a second here 5 weeks after arrival so our application ended up going in later than expected (nov 15 instead of oct 1) now had the high expense of fertility treatments since jan . We want what you do , to settle fully and start a family. Really hoping we both get decisions soon and good news on the baby front to go with it. :)

Annabell

Jun 27, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
08-01-2013
Med's Done....
14-09-2012
LANDED..........
May 19, 2015
Not been on for a few days and this is regarding the Jason Kenney comments. I had no idea he was anything to do with this.
I am based in his constituency in Calgary and I called him weeks ago for help and advice as my PR was received nov 15.
Well he told me my MP, him, couldn't help as if he intervenes its been known for CIC to reject people giving picky reasons. So he wouldn't help.
I explained I'm a qualified principle from the UK and want to do something but can't even volunteer, I was just told I must bide my time and wait.
I felt very useless in the recent floods as I was not allowed to help people / the community I live in! :(

Annabell

Jun 27, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
08-01-2013
Med's Done....
14-09-2012
LANDED..........
May 19, 2015
@canadianthrower
Re. Health card
I'm in Calgary. Originally from UK with a Canadian husband. I'm registered as a dependant on his health card. My visitor status ran out at end of march. I applied to extend it end feb, got it back in June. While waiting we rang Alberta health and they extended my status as a dependent on his health card. Once my year visitor visa came through they asked for a copy of it at the registries and a few days letter we received a letter confirming I'm covered for another year.
This may help (or not as I'm not sure what different provinces do) good luck. :)

boredhousewife

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-04-2012
IELTS Request
AIP: 10-09-2012
File Transfer...
DM: 06-26-13
LANDED..........
08-14-13
guri3577 said:
@ boredhousewife can we apply for study permit while working on OWP after stage 1 approval?
I don't see why not. Once you receive an acceptance letter from your school you are able to apply for study permit. If you're in ontario, you are also entitled to pay domestic fees.

boredhousewife

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-04-2012
IELTS Request
AIP: 10-09-2012
File Transfer...
DM: 06-26-13
LANDED..........
08-14-13
canadaeh1234 said:
im not very sure with that, because i got dm last april 9, i would really hope it will arrive before classes start.
Ok, I hope it works out for you then. I was hoping the same thing, but I am going to go ahead and apply just as a precautionary measure. I don't think I will be able to register for school without either proof of permanent residence or a study permit.

Victorswife

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 3 2012
File Transfer...
AIP & OWP Sept 20, 2013
Med's Request
Sept 20, 2013
Med's Done....
October 2 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan 8 2014
LANDED..........
March 4, 2014
MP's our on our side... Speaking to an Admin assistant of a constituent this weekend.. She told me that CIC briefs MP's every few months in a meeting about what is going on... about 2 weeks ago.. the CIC had a meeting with them. Someone from an MP office stood up and told Immigration they need to do their own job properly and to get more funding from their boss and for their ministry. It shouldn't have to go to MP's office to use up more time and resources...and the crowd went wild... Here's hoping..

Kiwi12

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
29-06-2012
File Transfer...
Interview........
Waived AIP:February 13, 2013
LANDED..........
December 20, 2013
To Brightstart: It is a normal procedure to transfer a file to a local office after AIP. The average time for processing second stage of the application is 8 months. Since you received your AIP in January you could still be waiting a few months. If you call the CIC they will tell you where they are at with the security and background checks. If they are all in, and there are no issues regarding dependents you should be hearing something soon.

folks-g

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/05/2013
Doc's Request.
OWP with app
Nomination.....
AIP/OWP JAN 29 2014
AOR Received.
05/06/2013
IELTS Request
docs requested jan 29
Med's Done....
15/05/2013
its a new week guys and we have a new Citizenship and Immigration minister his name is Chris Alexander!!!

brightstar87

Feb 19, 2013
thanx alot guys for ur help and i really appreciate it and i just recieved a call from my local cic office and they called me in with my passport .so is this gonna be the landing interview or is it just an interview ?

brightstar87

Feb 19, 2013
hi i live in halifaax too and my application was transferred to halifax office about 3 months ago and today they called me for an interview on thursday and m hoping you can guide me what do they ask and is it a landing interview?