App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2012
Interview........
12-02-2014
@sunsun How long have you been waiting now for your OWP?

canadianthrower

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2012
Interview........
12-02-2014
I was just reading up about the strike, and apparently the government is refusing to talk to the service workers that are on strike. The workers are stating they will continue with the strike through summer and into fall if they have to. NOT encouraging. :-[

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
@Screech....
You were wrong...300.000 skilled worker applicants waited so long because CIC kept extended processing time every few months for many years...
Let's say when someone applied in year 2003, the processing time was 2 - 3 years but CIC kept extended the processing time until 10 years and suddenly this guy got refused by CIC....

When this guy waited and the CIC website told him that he would get DM in 2006 but when in 2005 - 2006 ,CIC had extended processing times many times until 10 years ( 2013 ) and got refused....

You were right, CIC returned their applications fees but how about those guys and their families feeling ? How about a father told his son, We will move to Canada when he was 3 years old and the son kept asking " When? " until 10 years.

I think Health Care System also free for unemployment people in Australia and New Zealand.

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
When they land, they end up doing jobs not relating to their field at least until the demand is back or go back to school for new training. They need to flush out the applications and start over and start accepting applications related to today's job market.

@Screech
Many new immigrants must go back to school for new training even their skilled are on demands because many Canadian employers don't recognize other countries degrees especially people from third world countries even they studied in other first world countries before.
Many of them work as janitors, taxi drivers,security guards etc......

I saw these video in 2010 :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ-dVa0GJ_k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ4b8Dl5STo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FewZR89FQE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Dr4XRs889I

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
These are old videos many years ago and the website not.canada.com was deleted....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5GuFcP010w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75TJhchn4OE

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
sunsun said:
When they land, they end up doing jobs not relating to their field at least until the demand is back or go back to school for new training. They need to flush out the applications and start over and start accepting applications related to today's job market.

@ Screech
Many new immigrants must go back to school for new training even their skilled are on demands because many Canadian employers don't recognize other countries degrees especially people from third world countries even they studied in other first world countries before.
Many of them work as janitors, taxi drivers,security guards etc......
True that many of the immigrants are working as janitors, taxi drivers simply because Canada is looking for highly skilled (university educated) immigrants that have fields that are usually regulated in Canada, such as Engineers, Doctors, Nurses, Dentists, etc. These organizations don't recognized their credentials simplying because they question the quality of education/training of universities overseas as compared to their own. And some of the medical/engineering training are probably not up to par to Canada standards. Even if their education credentials are recognized, they have too much power in giving out licences to practice. They want to protect their existing labour workpool. You can't practice your field without a licence. In Canada, you cannot even call yourself an engineer unless you belong to a professional engineer association, despite having a diploma of bachalar of engineering.

If you have a foreign degree in a non-regulated field in Canada, it is up to the employer to decide if they accept your foreign credential/work experience to offer you the job.

Canada need to revamp these regulated organizations to allow them to accept more foreign university credentials/qualifications.

screech339

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And, he's landed!!!

Hamilton office was quick and easy.

They did the SIN right after that.

Will elaborate more later!!

Cheers all!!!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
figtoria said:
And, he's landed!!!

Hamilton office was quick and easy.

They did the SIN right after that.

Will elaborate more later!!

Cheers all!!!
Congrats on landing and becoming a PR. One final thing left to do is get PR card. Since you are from the US, you can probably get away with driving back and forth between Canada/US despite being told you cannot travel without your PR card.

Screech339

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
@figtoria....
Hi...what questions did Visa Officer ask you ?

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
these organizations don't recognized their credentials simplying because they question the quality of education/training of universities overseas as compared to their own. And some of the medical/engineering training are probably not up to par to Canada standard.

How about someone got medical training in USA and Canada but still can Not work as a doctor in Canada But USA accepted him to practice in USA as a doctor . Why ?

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
The other question is Why someone had passed all Canada medical exams and got certificate, have volunteer experience in Canada hospital but still can Not get any license for practice?

In my opinion is Money because if too many doctors can practice in Canada, more money Canada government should spend to....

Nafafa

Jul 4, 2013
Health coverage seems to be a very heated subject today. I just got back from service ontario - went to apply for OHIP, for those that don't know I got AIP back in October but dint know I could apply for it till very recently. (Thank you computergeek for enlightening me)

Anyway, this is what my experience was like -got to service ontario, got my ticket, waited in line, and when I got to the desk, the agent very rudely and aggressively informed me that I was in fact not eligible for the OHIP because as it clearly says on the letter I "meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence" but I was not a permanent resident, and that AIP was not sufficient. I advised that their website and several others say that AIP is sufficient, to which she pulled out the hand book to show the letter I needed DM. At this point, because of the room full of people looking at me, hubby and I choose to leave, however he wasn't having it..he pulled up the info on the website and we went back. The supervisor got involved, the supervisor agreed with me, the agent stood her ground, and a second agent got involved-he agreed with me, they all decided to call head office.

I did eventually get it done - even got an apology from the initial agent. The second agent took over and was very sympathetic.
Now for those of you that my think I just wanna mooch of the Canadian health care system, I do have insurance through my hubby. It isn't about that its just amount moving forward, moving on with life.

I was previously misinformed by an agent at CIC and because of that am still "on my ass" waiting for OWP. I think no matter where u stand on health care and what the criteria for immigration should be, we can all agree the immigration process is flawed and in my opinion a big flaw is it not taking into consideration the human aspect of it all!

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
@Nafafa....
Could you please share the website which explain that we have right to get an OHIP when we receive an AIP ?
Last time I asked about it in service ontario, the lady over there was also very rude as well . She said " You are Not Eligible even you have an AIP, You must have a PR Card "

mariannamurrieta

Star Member
Jul 5, 2013
toronto, ON, Canada.
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 - 03 - 2013
Doc's Request.
Police certificate request after AIP January-9-2014 sent on January-10-2014
AOR Received.
22-03-2013
File Transfer...
AIP + OWP January-9-2014
Med's Request
Med's sent with app
Interview........
Not interview request at this time.
Passport Req..
DM: May 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
june 11 2014
Deedeedar said:
Wow! You got the AIP less than 5 months, lucky you!

I've been waiting for AIP more than 6 months now.

In your case I think it is better to apply OWP now. Good luck.
[/quote

how can i apply for a open work permit? what form do i need ?

thanks!

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
Something weird happened today, i got a call from blocked no. telling me that i had a mail from Alberta and asking for my new address. I have given my new address. The caller said this mail is fast track from Alberta and he gave my previous address on which it was sent to. As, far as i know CIC doesn't send fast track only snail mail. I have nothing else connected to Alberta just this application. What on earth is going on?
Did anyone else experienced this? I am going to my old address today or tomm. to ask if something did come there.
P.S. When i asked who it was he would change topic and when i said i am not going to give my new address he hanged up.