Nafafa

Jul 4, 2013
@ sunsun
here are the links i used

1. settlement.org/sys/faqs_detail.asp?faq_id=4001239
look under "Part B"

2. health.gov.on.ca/en/public/programs/ohip/ohipfaq_mn.aspx
look under "Am I eligible for Ontario Health Insurance?"

??? sorry my links are a bit weird, it wouldn't let me post links...not sure what thats about

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Thank you very much,Nafafa.....
The links are a bit weird because you haven't reached 10 post comments

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunsun said:
@ figtoria....
Hi...what questions did Visa Officer ask you ?

Hi SunSun,

Here's the detailed rundown of our landing today, including what they asked us.

We arrived about 40 minutes early to the Hamilton office. We parked across from the entrance and noticed a few couples/families loitering on the sidewalk outside the door. My husband commented that if we had to wait outside, we'd just come back and sit in the car until 1:30. So we walked over to see what was going on. There was a sign on the door saying if you had an appointment to ring the intercom. So my husband did. A lady answered and he told her that he had an appointment at 1:30. She buzzed us in. That woke up all the other people standing outside!! They immediately started buzzing to be let in for their appointments too! It was kind of funny. Apparently, we were the first people in a while who had bothered to read the sign!

Anyway - We went straight up to the counter and the lady asked for the letter he was sent with the landing date. He gave it to her. She then returned it and asked us to sit down, someone would call us when it was our turn. We sat for maybe...10 minutes. During that time, we could hear all the other people who had buzzed in after us signing in. Most of them had appointment times before us, so we settled in to wait. But, surprise! They called us first! We went up to the counter and she asked for my husband's landing letter, his passport, and the pictures. Then she asked for my drivers license. Then she asked if he had ever been convicted of a criminal offense or if he'd be asked to leave the country. He answered 'no'. Then she asked if he any other wives or children elsewhere and laughed. We laughed too and said, "No, just the dependent already listed, who is non-accompanying." There was a bit of confusion at that point, which made me sweat a bit, because she didn't find the computer information for his son immediately, but it didn't take too long for her to find him and confirm that he had been examined, etc and all was fine. Then she took the pictures and stuck one to a piece of paper and started writing on it. She asked a couple of more questions confirming our address and his original entry date to Canada. Then she stamped his passport and had him sign and initial two copies of the COPR. Then she gave him a "Welcome to Canada" booklet. And that was it! We were up at the counter for about 10-15 minutes tops.

Then she told us to sit down for 10 minutes and the Service Canada people would get him his permanent SIN. It was only about 2 minutes before they called his name again and we were led through a maze of halls and rooms to an area where two people had temporary desks set up with laptops. We sat down at one and the lady asked him his mother and father's names and his birthdate. Then she tried to "send" the online form she'd filled out to the appropriate server, but it kept timing out. She tried and tried. Eventually, we suggested that maybe her co-worker could have a try, so we moved to his desk and his failed the first couple of tries, but then it went through. That took an hour. That was the longest part of the whole process. But the people were really nice and kept apologizing. We suggested that we could come back and do that another day, but apparently your existing temporary SIN number expires the day that you become a permanent resident, so we didn't want to take a chance on messing up his employment.

And then it was over. To be honest, it felt kind of anti-climactic after all that long wait. We're very happy. He hasn't been home to the US in 4.5 years.

That reminds me. The COPR has "not valid for travel" stamped right across it. We asked the lady if it was okay to go by car to the US and she said technically 'no'. But what will happen is, when we come BACK to Canada, the border agent will pull us over and look him up in the computer and find out that he IS a permanent resident and let him in. But it will be a faff until we get the PR card in 8-10 weeks (which is what we were told).

Anyway - we're glad to be done!

Best of luck to the rest of you!! I hope things pick up soon!!

boredhousewife

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-04-2012
IELTS Request
AIP: 10-09-2012
File Transfer...
DM: 06-26-13
LANDED..........
08-14-13
canadaeh1234 said:
it happened to me yesterday too..

called in the morning and the lady whom i have talked to was very rude, she was like, am sorry we can't do anything about that, we just share information that are sent to us, so just wait.

I mean i was looking for some kind of an explanation on why they changed the processing times for those who are just waiting for landing without giving notice to those who hoped and waited for 3 months.

i hope we can make some kind of report to the call center agents being rude to applicants.
Hi,

do you plan to just apply for a study permit since you have school in September? I was also accepted in a program for the fall semester and plan to just get a study permit since i don't anticipate being a granted a landing date for another 3 months or so. I received DM on June 26 and will be landing in Scarborough. I have no idea how long that office takes to issue landing dates.

krissikris

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 15, 2012
Doc's Request.
may 1, 2013 (for the girls)
AOR Received.
Dec 18, 2012
IELTS Request
AIP: April 26, 2013
File Transfer...
May 1st 2013 to Kingston Jamaica
Med's Request
April 26th 2013
Med's Done....
May 7th 2013
Interview........
DM July 5th 2013
A friend of mine wants to order the notes on her file, she filed outland, how does she order them, anyone know the link?

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
@boredhousewife can we apply for study permit while working on OWP after stage 1 approval?

Psalm91

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
guri3577 said:
Something weird happened today, i got a call from blocked no. telling me that i had a mail from Alberta and asking for my new address. I have given my new address. The caller said this mail is fast track from Alberta and he gave my previous address on which it was sent to. As, far as i know CIC doesn't send fast track only snail mail. I have nothing else connected to Alberta just this application. What on earth is going on?
Did anyone else experienced this? I am going to my old address today or tomm. to ask if something did come there.
P.S. When i asked who it was he would change topic and when i said i am not going to give my new address he hanged up.
Actually my self I got a call from a 705 number saying they just want to confirm my residential address and they have me my old address I told them no I don't live there anymore and I confirmed my new address to them and they said they where going to send me my hst check I was like hello I have been communicating with CRA and they know my present address so what's this . And she just said we will get in touch with you with your check , this happened a week ago and up till now I have not seen anything in the mail , I feel someone is just trying to make sure I live where I say I am, sketchy

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
krissikris said:
A friend of mine wants to order the notes on her file, she filed outland, how does she order them, anyone know the link?
Start here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is what happens when you have a wide open immigration policy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2362467/Migrant-backlog-soars-500-000--37-years-clear-say-MPs.html

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
figtoria said:
This is what happens when you have a wide open immigration policy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2362467/Migrant-backlog-soars-500-000--37-years-clear-say-MPs.html
Or when a right-wing government uses deliberate underfunding of the immigration ministry as a back-door way of cutting immigration, when they can't do this openly. Remind you of any place?

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
@Figtoria
Thank you .... Wish you all the Best! :)

ichbinella

Star Member
Dec 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
Doc's Request.
29-09-2012
AOR Received.
15-06-2012 (AIP+OWP:06-12-2012)
Med's Request
29-09-2012
Med's Done....
06-11-2012 (appeared on ECAS:22-11-2012)
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
NO
VISA ISSUED...
June/july2013
LANDED..........
15aug2013,pr card received:15oct2013
canadaeh1234 said:
it happened to me yesterday too..

called in the morning and the lady whom i have talked to was very rude, she was like, am sorry we can't do anything about that, we just share information that are sent to us, so just wait.

I mean i was looking for some kind of an explanation on why they changed the processing times for those who are just waiting for landing without giving notice to those who hoped and waited for 3 months.

i hope we can make some kind of report to the call center agents being rude to applicants.

i am trying to express concerns over the extension matter to CIC cos I work as a freelance reporter and I told my boss about this situation, she let me dig into the topic and sent a media request to CIC asking for explanation.

U know what, the spokesperson asked me from where I knew it was 3 months before and now changed to 6 months.. i told her applicants have such experience and got the info from CIC call centre agents. The spokesperson said she would need some time to figure out the situation for Vancouver office. I will give updates if they really get back to me. (Sometimes they just let the topic flow without further response)

marsiangal

Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Request
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
25-02-2013 DM....:20-06-2013 IN CANADA SINCE:...2008
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
Ugghhh, I wish the Calgary office is as fast as other offices on giving landing appointments. Sadly, they are so busy. We've been on vacation for almost 2 weeks. Hopefully when I get home there is an envelope waiting for me with a landing letter. Lol. Pray for me. :)

canadaeh1234

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
boredhousewife said:
Hi,

do you plan to just apply for a study permit since you have school in September? I was also accepted in a program for the fall semester and plan to just get a study permit since i don't anticipate being a granted a landing date for another 3 months or so. I received DM on June 26 and will be landing in Scarborough. I have no idea how long that office takes to issue landing dates.
im not very sure with that, because i got dm last april 9, i would really hope it will arrive before classes start.