Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
marsiangal said:
Hi, I'm new here, Currently processing an inland spousal application. My applcation is being processed in Vegreville, and I just received the email that I can go get a medical so I am doing that next week. So just a few qualifications, For inland applcations, does the CIC require you to pass your passport so they can stamp it with a immigrant visa? If so, approx. how long after the medical is done before they ask for it? And does anyone know how many days they give for you to send the passport? (example. they gave us 90 days to have the medicals finished)Is there such a thing for the passport requirement. I will be needing to renew my passport and it will come in 2 months after I do the renewal. I won't be able to do it till next month. So it will come maybe May. Yes it will be coming from halfway around the world.So takes quite a while. If not needed to be sent for stamping, approx how long after the medical do they send the copr? Thanks much in advance.
For an inland application, after you have been approved they will transfer your file to a local office. The local office will then arrange for the final interview. At that interview they will verify your passport, review your COPR, have you sign it, and then you become a permanent resident of Canada.

If you are just doing medicals now, it is unlikely they will complete processing and schedule your landing interview for May, but it is - just - possible. Best to get it renewed early.

Note: you will not "send" your passport to CIC. You will "bring" it with you to your landing interview. Note this is specific to the inland process.

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Finally I could access my Ecas.... :)

bibace

Star Member
Oct 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2012
AOR Received.
30-10-2012
File Transfer...
aip 08-01-2013
Med's Request
med. checks - passed
Med's Done....
26-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
sunsun said:
Finally I could access my Ecas.... :)

well we are not lucky ...still. ecas is not working for us :'(

kentr

Aug 2, 2012
Hi everyone,
I just had my sponsorship approved and my wife's PR is being processed. We just have to send in her fingerprints and medical check. They also mentioned that she could apply for OWP. This is great news, but is it true that she has to have a job offer already when she applies for her OWP? Would employers consider it one more hurdle and less likely to hire the person if they had to sign a letter and then wait months before the employee could even start?
And one more thing: is the Working Tax Benefit considered social assistance? I know that, as her sponsor, I can't accept any social assistance.
Thanks in advance everyone and good luck with your applications.
Kent

Augustos

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2012
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
Med's Request
01-05-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
zoezou said:
Dear all,
I can not wait to share this news to you that I got my AIP today, by email that CIC sent both to my spousor and me. On the other email, CIC asked me to submit the medical exam before May 2013, cuz I didnt sent medical togehter with App, but I sent work permit app and police check together with app, btw, my app was received on August 31. CIC only asked me to submit medical, it means my police has already been recognized by themÉÉ

Sorry it seems my words in a mess, cuz I am so excited//////

Good Luck to all!

Thanks very much to all in this topic and spreadsheet, everytime I just came to see your news but keep silence, sorry,,,,, special thanks to who update our spreadsheet and prompt replies, thanks!!!
congratz! my application was received aug24. did not receive any update yet :-(

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Hi,bibace....
I typed my name (the applicant) and file number.... How about you ?

gjfst

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
London , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunsun said:
Hi,bibace....
I typed my name (the applicant) and file number.... How about you ?
I tried with both file nr and client id , but it is still dead.

Kayvanblue

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney, Canada
App. Filed.......
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A-
jiggyzealous said:
@ Kayvanblue,
thanl you very much. We are worried not only that we might be called for an interview because they might question my out of status, especially since we got married about a month before my status ran out. How long (if its not too personal) were ur in a relationship/ married before you filed? I know CIC looks into a lot of things to make a decision
To make you feel even bettter..apart from my wife being out of status for 5 months we were only married for 10 days when we sent out our application...so yeh our situation was even more Catastrophic..and here we are waiting for 2nd stage...our only problem is that my wife is stateless/no passport...they wont let her land without her home country passport

bibace

Star Member
Oct 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2012
AOR Received.
30-10-2012
File Transfer...
aip 08-01-2013
Med's Request
med. checks - passed
Med's Done....
26-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
gjfst said:
I tried with both file nr and client id , but it is still dead.
same, with my husband's and with my information and still nothing...
yesterday I sent the application for the electronic notes so after a months I hope I will have the track :)

zoezou

Nov 28, 2012
Augustos said:
congratz! my application was received aug24. did not receive any update yet :-(
Honestly, I always be waiting for your news, but I think we are in the same round since I suppose CIC maybe review all cases that received in one week. We got AOP in the same time, so we can get AIP together as well! ;D

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
kentr said:
Hi everyone,
I just had my sponsorship approved and my wife's PR is being processed. We just have to send in her fingerprints and medical check. They also mentioned that she could apply for OWP. This is great news, but is it true that she has to have a job offer already when she applies for her OWP? Would employers consider it one more hurdle and less likely to hire the person if they had to sign a letter and then wait months before the employee could even start?
And one more thing: is the Working Tax Benefit considered social assistance? I know that, as her sponsor, I can't accept any social assistance.
Thanks in advance everyone and good luck with your applications.
She does not need a job offer to apply for an open work permit - that's why it is "open" - it allows her to work for anyone able and willing to hire her.

The Working Tax Benefit is not social assistance. Social assistance is where the provincial government sends you money in order to pay your living expenses: food, housing, transportation, etc. It's provincially administered an you have to actively apply to receive it.

This does not include disability pay, EI or any tax credit.

iav12

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys
I have a question about BC driver's license. Is it possible to get a DL with just AIP ? I went to my local ICBC to find out if i am eligible to get a license and they said i have to have PR or landing paper or work permit ...Is it true??I just applied OWP after the AIP. I think, i read on thread somewhere that people are getting license on AIP. I also have a license from U.S.
I hope somebody know more about this..computergeek ?
Thanks

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@computergeek, is it that second stage is not processed in Vegreville? I didn't know that. I thought the file was only transferred to the local office if an interview is needed

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
jiggyzealous said:
@ computergeek, is it that second stage is not processed in Vegreville? I didn't know that. I thought the file was only transferred to the local office if an interview is needed
All files are finalized at a local office, even if Vegreville makes the positive decision. That is the "landing interview" that people discuss with respect to inland applicants.

SOME files are transferred to a local office BEFORE a positive decision. That's a different situation and done when they want an interview or require special processing of some sort.

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@computergeek I know that the local office does the finalization for the landing interview.I was referring to second stage for the medical and criminal checks. Are these also done at the local office or Vegreville?