App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
15-11-2012, AIP - February 3, 2013
Med's Done....
May 2012
zoezou said:
Mrembo, yes 1 stage is done!
Rusty53, thanks again for updating, you are very kind, thanks for your efford in managing the spreadsheet, for me it really helps a lot!
darwinwap, yes cic said my work permit has been approved, how long should I expect to receive it by mail?
wolanila, yes I am, thanks, you have a warm attention :-*
it took 5 days to get in the mail after the AIP email.

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
congrats zoezou!! that's terrific news :D

zoezou

Nov 28, 2012
sounion, thank you!
darwinwap, thanks, i will check the mail box more often.
wolanila, i am in Ottawa, and you?
Btw, how long it takes the medical report go to CIC after I finish the medical exam? anyone knows?
I was asked to submit by May.

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
IS there anyone in here who was out of status before you filed your application and was given AIP, without being called for an interview? And if there was an intterview, in this case, how long did you have to wait before you were called in for an interview? I was out of status for about 5 months

Kayvanblue

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney, Canada
App. Filed.......
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A-
jiggyzealous said:
IS there anyone in here who was out of status before you filed your application and was given AIP, without being called for an interview? And if there was an intterview, in this case, how long did you have to wait before you were called in for an interview? I was out of status for about 5 months
My wife was out of status when we filed our application, we got the aip without going through any interviews. We were also outta status for 5 months Prior to that..

VanSquirrel

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-01-2012
IELTS Request
AIP: 04-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
17-04-2013
Hi guys,

Does anyone know if getting a Sponsorship Approval means that you have passed the 'relationship is genuine' test and that you are on your way to an AIP (assuming, of course, that the applicant is not a convicted felon or any such thing)?

I'm asking because I got a letter on Feb 4th stating that I have been approved as a sponsor. However, as of today (Feb 15th), my husband still has not gotten any letter regarding his AIP. Ecas says 'We started processing xxxxx'x application on February 4, 2013.' I'm getting really antsy because I don't know if the delay means that they are sending his application to a local CIC office for further interview, or if this is normal, or maybe they are doing checks so they can give us 2nd stage approval along with 1st stage?

Help!

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
Normally, based on my understanding both of you are approved at the same time to sponsored and to sponsor. Therefore, an approval for you might mean that both of you have passed stage 1 assessment, and now yo are able to apply for an open work permit. May I ask you when you submitted your application for PR?

VanSquirrel

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-01-2012
IELTS Request
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
17-04-2013
Hi jiggyzealous,

We filed our application in January 2012. Unfortunately, we made a stupid mistake when filling out the form. My husband was in a long relationship previously and had filed some tax returns with his ex as a common-law couple so to be safe, we ticked the checkbox that said 'previously in a marriage/common-law relationship' Stupid us, we never clarified which one it was and the officer sent us a letter asking for the divorce papers!!!

On a side note, they really should have stated that question better :(

From what I've read here, it does seem like everyone gets the sponsorship approval and AIP at the same time. That's why I'm confused by this delay.

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
I may be understanding this incorrectly, but I believe the sponsor approval means an AIP has been granted. Also, you mentioned on ECAS it says they are processing the application of your spouse (I assume xxxxxx is your spouse :p). While you may not have an AIP, I believe that means and AIP has been granted.

1st stage and 2nd stage won't be granted at the same time. the 1st stage is 6 months currently, the 2nd stage says 8 months. so, if you've been approved as a sponsor, it should be 8 months before you hear about any decision on your spouse as the applicant.

hope this helps, and if anyone has noticed error in what I've said, please kindly correct.

VanSquirrel

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-01-2012
IELTS Request
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
17-04-2013
I hope you're right, sounion!

Regarding getting both stages approved at the same time, I read on this forum that there have been cases where they've been approved at the same time. Not too common, but it happens sometimes.

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@Kayvanblue,
thanl you very much. We are worried not only that we might be called for an interview because they might question my out of status, especially since we got married about a month before my status ran out. How long (if its not too personal) were ur in a relationship/ married before you filed? I know CIC looks into a lot of things to make a decision

ntonchu

Dec 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville,AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2012
Doc's Request.
24-09-2012
AOR Received.
23-05-2012
Med's Request
23-09-2012
Med's Done....
19-10-2012
Passport Req..
24-09-2012
Hi, I don't know if anyone in the forum knows about unaccompanied dependants. I had AIP two weeks ago and I had already asked my dependants to do medicals which was done in November and I sent a copy of the medical form from the designated doctor to vegreville. Got a question, I read in a thread someone saying that the visa office timeline would apply which in my case is about 3years averagely. Is that possible even when I am not applying for them now, but will do so in the future? Please help if anybody has an idea. Computergeek can you help or anybody, please.

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zoezou said:
sounion, thank you!
darwinwap, thanks, i will check the mail box more often.
wolanila, i am in Ottawa, and you?
Btw, how long it takes the medical report go to CIC after I finish the medical exam? anyone knows?
I was asked to submit by May.
nice to meet you My wife and I are from Saskatchewan. Here is my qq number 1917681994 add me if you like

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
ntonchu said:
Hi, I don't know if anyone in the forum knows about unaccompanied dependants. I had AIP two weeks ago and I had already asked my dependants to do medicals which was done in November and I sent a copy of the medical form from the designated doctor to vegreville. Got a question, I read in a thread someone saying that the visa office timeline would apply which in my case is about 3years averagely. Is that possible even when I am not applying for them now, but will do so in the future? Please help if anybody has an idea. Computergeek can you help or anybody, please.
Yikes. Three years? That's awful. Where did you get that statistic?

I'd be rather surprised if it took that long, but you might want to check back in the 2010 and 2011 inland threads to see if anyone is in your situation.

marsiangal

Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Request
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
25-02-2013 DM....:20-06-2013 IN CANADA SINCE:...2008
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
Hi, I'm new here, Currently processing an inland spousal application. My applcation is being processed in Vegreville, and I just received the email that I can go get a medical so I am doing that next week. So just a few qualifications, For inland applcations, does the CIC require you to pass your passport so they can stamp it with a immigrant visa? If so, approx. how long after the medical is done before they ask for it? And does anyone know how many days they give for you to send the passport? (example. they gave us 90 days to have the medicals finished)Is there such a thing for the passport requirement. I will be needing to renew my passport and it will come in 2 months after I do the renewal. I won't be able to do it till next month. So it will come maybe May. Yes it will be coming from halfway around the world.So takes quite a while. If not needed to be sent for stamping, approx how long after the medical do they send the copr? Thanks much in advance.