13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Patience21 said:
Yes, I had the same problem.
Glad that it's back up and running!

Me too. Even though we are a long way off yet, this is my security blanket!

Besunshine

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
I received an email yestersay saying CIC received our application on June 14. I cant sign into Ecas yet, but i noticed that the UCI that they provided doesnt match my husband's work permit client ID number.

Also, the new UCI that they provided isnt in the xxxx-xxxx format, but instead a xxxxxxxx format. Do i just add in a hyphen in the middle if I am trying to sign in?

weary-damsil31

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
April 28,2012
LANDED..........
July 10/14
Rusty53 said:
I am not sure if it was my computer or not but I could not get into this site for most of yesterday and last night. Did anyone else have this problem?
yeah,same here..it says data base error..soo thankful that it's being fixed this morning.

Di_vas

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2012
Doc's Request.
10-08-2012
Med's Request
12-10-2012
Med's Done....
20-10-2012
Quote from: gjfst on October 14, 2012, 10:01:12 am
Can you apply to ESL school after AIP? (with study permit?) I want to improve my grammar...
wolanila said:
It is my understanding that u can attend esl class with a visitor visa as long as the course does not exceed 6 months and it is not part of a larger course where u can obtain some kind of certificate apon completion. When we got the AIP letter it also said that that she is now eligible to apply for a study permit. But I would double check with CIC as ur circumstances may be different.

If u wait till u get pr most new landed immigrants can get free esl classes in government programs.
If u want to take esl now it will cost almost double than if u would wait untill ur a pr thought the university affiliates.
I need to improve my English, too. Friend of mine told me that I can get free ESL classes in government programs if I have SIN/Social Insurance Number/. We can get it with the work permit. When I get my OWP...will go to ask.
My friend went free after AIP in this school but....for me is too far. http://www.stcharles.ca/
Have a nice day!

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
Besunshine said:
I received an email yestersay saying CIC received our application on June 14. I cant sign into Ecas yet, but i noticed that the UCI that they provided doesnt match my husband's work permit client ID number.

Also, the new UCI that they provided isnt in the xxxx-xxxx format, but instead a xxxxxxxx format. Do i just add in a hyphen in the middle if I am trying to sign in?
It can take some time before you can log in. It's normal that the UCI doesn't match your husband's work permit because the UCI that you received in the email is yours, the sponsor's. And no, don't add a hyphen.

weary-damsil31

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
April 28,2012
LANDED..........
July 10/14
Besunshine said:

good for you,we haven't gotten any email from cic yet. i can only have access to e-cas using my uci from the working permit but using the receipt number wont work.

Danteryu

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
London, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2012
AOR Received.
15-09-2012
Med's Done....
07-05-2012
LANDED..........
20-09-2013
I just got an email from CIC and the attached PDF says this:

"It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. However, a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements."

This is AIP, right??? :D
I also got approved for the OWP and I'll be getting it by post soon!

SO RELIEVED!

Patience21

Oct 11, 2012
Danteryu said:

"It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. However, a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements."

SO RELIEVED!
Yes that is AIP.. Congrats ;-)

CanED

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 21st 2012 rec'd on Ecas Nov 11th 2012
Danteryu said:

SO RELIEVED!
Yes this is AIP. Congrats. Best of luck with the job hunt.

32pearls

Oct 3, 2012
my case was applied on march 12th.......had called cic and they told me my aip was approved october 1st but so far hadnt got anything in written from them......but to my surprise i got the AIP letter confirmation in d mail today.....so so happy....am always excited about checking mail hoping it would be from them....and finally i heard from them when i least expected it....happy happy :)
waiting for my work permit now ;D

Danteryu

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
London, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2012
AOR Received.
15-09-2012
Med's Done....
07-05-2012
LANDED..........
20-09-2013
Thanks everyone!

Regarding jobs, I'm actually working right now - I was on implied status from a work permit that expired in late May, after I got my application in.
It's still good to know that I'll have something more tangible than implied status now!
How long does it generally take to get the OWP in the post?

weary-damsil31

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
April 28,2012
LANDED..........
July 10/14
Danteryu said:

SO RELIEVED!
Congrats!!!! soo happy for you!:)

CanED

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 21st 2012 rec'd on Ecas Nov 11th 2012
Danteryu said:
Thanks everyone!

Regarding jobs, I'm actually working right now - I was on implied status from a work permit that expired in late May, after I got my application in.
It's still good to know that I'll have something more tangible than implied status now!
How long does it generally take to get the OWP in the post?
Not sure - as all our letters and the permit went to our old address. Luckily I contacted our old landlord and she was on the case and grabbed everything for us. So we got one big batch of good news after seeing our Ecas had updated. In saying that everything was received within two weeks. So it doen't take too long.