AOR Received.
Sep 6 , 2012
Med's Request
Done before requested
Med's Done....
Jan 30, 2012
LANDED..........
August 29,2013
Just wondering but after receiving the csq how long after does it take to get permanent residence

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
An update on my wife's healthcard. I got a phone call today and the woman who was working on our healthcard application gave me my wife's healthcard number and informed me that she is covered since July when her visiter visa was extended and that she will be covered for 2 years untill the extension runs out. She said when she gets her pr we cAn apply to change the expiry date. Interesting that it is not from the date of first stage approval, I thought it would be.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
wolanila said:
An update on my wife's healthcard. I got a phone call today and the woman who was working on our healthcard application gave me my wife's healthcard number and informed me that she is covered since July when her visiter visa was extended and that she will be covered for 2 years untill the extension runs out. She said when she gets her pr we cAn apply to change the expiry date. Interesting that it is not from the date of first stage approval, I thought it would be.
Yeah!

That makes sense - the law says she is covered if she is living with you. So they must deem that dates from the visitor extension. :)

Every province is different. I'm glad I'm slowly learning how each province deals with this stuff.

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
computergeek said:
Yeah!

That makes sense - the law says she is covered if she is living with you. So they must deem that dates from the visitor extension. :)

Every province is different. I'm glad I'm slowly learning how each province deals with this stuff.
Kudos

moeytja

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2012
Doc's Request.
July 2012
AOR Received.
July 2012
Med's Request
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
Sent in october 2012 along w police cert
Interview........
we were asked for another police cert sept 2013
Passport Req..
they received new police cert nov 2013
Hey guys, congratulations on the new AIPs and thanks computergeek, wolnila and the other of u who always answer our questions.

So we got my OWP on the mail ealier this week, and i also did the medicals this week and should be sent to cic soon i hope. They asked me for police certificate from a country i previously had lived before in, but they waived the police cert. From my birth country, great!! Must be cause i havent lived there for almost a decade. Im sending it in next week when its translated.

So anyone know how long they are takin on stage two? When do we get our landin interview from now u guys think?

Imim

Sep 28, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
moeytja said:
Hey guys, congratulations on the new AIPs and thanks computergeek, wolnila and the other of u who always answer our questions.

So we got my OWP on the mail ealier this week, and i also did the medicals this week and should be sent to cic soon i hope. They asked me for police certificate from a country i previously had lived before in, but they waived the police cert. From my birth country, great!! Must be cause i havent lived there for almost a decade. Im sending it in next week when its translated.

So anyone know how long they are takin on stage two? When do we get our landin interview from now u guys think?
I saw the spreadsheets from 2011 applicants and the time is from 1 to 5 weeks average. I don't know for now,if they haven't slowed down the Stage 2,because Vegreville is so busy with Stage 1.
I am also wondering to wait for my DM2 or to apply for OWP. Read it takes 3 months to get OWP, so there is no point, because hopefully will get my DM2 faster.

Patience21

Oct 11, 2012
Imim said:
I saw the spreadsheets from 2011 applicants and the time is from 1 to 5 weeks average. I don't know for now,if they haven't slowed down the Stage 2,because Vegreville is so busy with Stage 1.
I am also wondering to wait for my DM2 or to apply for OWP. Read it takes 3 months to get OWP, so there is no point, because hopefully will get my DM2 faster.
Hi Imim we are in the same situation as well.... We may not apply for OWP hoping that DM2 will be faster. What office are you landing in? My landing office will be scarborough which I hear is somewhat slow but I'm praying that we will hear something within the next 3 months.

Imim

Sep 28, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Patience21 said:
Hi Imim we are in the same situation as well.... We may not apply for OWP hoping that DM2 will be faster. What office are you landing in? My landing office will be scarborough which I hear is somewhat slow but I'm praying that we will hear something within the next 3 months.
We are in Scarborough as well. I guess it takes more time, because in comparison to the other provinces Ontario is the most crowded. I really hope it won't take 3 months. In the letter they've sent me is said SHORTLY...but who knows...

de_to_ca

May 6, 2012
Thanks Ossie. Well I got hold of a cic agent on Friday, and she told me that they have sent out a mail on Oct 16 requesting a police certificate from one of the 5 countries I have lived. Well I am hoping the police request comes with the AIP. I guess I should have something in mail in next few days.

Ossie-2 said:
Thanks and we hope this sudden burst of steam continues so that no one gets left behind. de_to_ca, you might consider calling now if you have the opportunity, because the phone traffic is better on Thursdays and Fridays...

Liz1986

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
HI!!
Congratulations!!!! I was wondering if they updated your ECAS?
Because my application is from May 10 and i haven't heard anything from CIC yet and my ECAS its still the same.

Nice day to everyone!! :D :D

Danteryu said:
I just got an email from CIC and the attached PDF says this:

"It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. However, a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements."

This is AIP, right??? :D
I also got approved for the OWP and I'll be getting it by post soon!

SO RELIEVED!

buzybee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2012
AOR Received.
April 25, 2012
So i think congratulations are in order for Johanna125 who is the first in our 2012 inland group to land as of 5 days ago!!!

Congratulations!!!!

:) ;) :D ;D :eek: 8) ::) :p :-* :) ;) :D ;D :eek: 8) ::) :p :-*

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats, so happy for ur success. Welcome to Canada!!!!!!! And if u every need anything or have any questions don't hesitate. I feel like the members of this forum are like family to me. And don't forget to pop in and say hello every once in a while. Happy journeys, Andalusia the abundance of love from ur family forever keep ur heart warm.

NicJohn

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Vancouover
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2012
Doc's Request.
12-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-12-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
05-11-2013
Johanna - congrats.

Buzzybee - thanks for adding me to the spreadsheet

Patience21

Oct 11, 2012
buzybee said:
So i think congratulations are in order for Johanna125 who is the first in our 2012 inland group to land as of 5 days ago!!!

Congratulations!!!!

:) ;) :D ;D :eek: 8) ::) :p :-* :) ;) :D ;D :eek: 8) ::) :p :-*
Congrats Johanna ! Your time was just under a year!

Buzybee...not sure if you got my message, my phone showed that it was not sent but Yes we paid landing fees with application.

Patience

Ossie-2

Oct 19, 2012
Liz1986 said:
HI!!
Congratulations!!!! I was wondering if they updated your ECAS?
Because my application is from May 10 and i haven't heard anything from CIC yet and my ECAS its still the same.

Nice day to everyone!! :D :D
Liz, some of the AIP letters seem to have been mailed by post, so you might want to contact the call centre , especially as it takes time to update the ecas records.