Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 21st 2012 rec'd on Ecas Nov 11th 2012
Hi All,

I hope that this long summer has everyone in high spirits as the waiting game continues. We are still "in process" and have heard nothing from CIC since April last (which, from reading the inland 2011 posts, is a good thing I believe). Seems like only yesterday the timeline on CIC said April 30th! Not too much longer (fingers crossed)!

Quick question, not sure if I had asked and had a response on this before but here goes;

When we initially applied I did not send in a medical as I figured that it would have expired by the time we had AIP. So today I felt very pro-active and decided to make an appointment for the medical even though CIC have not asked me for one.

Now my question - is this course of action correct or will it just confuse the whole system of things if I submit my medical report before it has been requested? From what I have read - the Doctor will submit the report directly and I will not see the results! Confused!!!!!

Thanks for any and all info!

CanED

devine777

Jun 25, 2012
CanED said:
Hi All,

I hope that this long summer has everyone in high spirits as the waiting game continues. We are still "in process" and have heard nothing from CIC since April last (which, from reading the inland 2011 posts, is a good thing I believe). Seems like only yesterday the timeline on CIC said April 30th! Not too much longer (fingers crossed)!

Quick question, not sure if I had asked and had a response on this before but here goes;

When we initially applied I did not send in a medical as I figured that it would have expired by the time we had AIP. So today I felt very pro-active and decided to make an appointment for the medical even though CIC have not asked me for one.

Now my question - is this course of action correct or will it just confuse the whole system of things if I submit my medical report before it has been requested? From what I have read - the Doctor will submit the report directly and I will not see the results! Confused!!!!!

Thanks for any and all info!

CanED

I believe you have made the right decision because waiting for cic to ask you to do medicals will delay your process. do your medicals and send a copy of your receipt that the Immigration doctor's office people will give you after you pay to cic. That would be proof to cic that you did your medicals.
The Doctor cannot tell you the results of the medicals. They will only tell you if you have a major health issue that needs to be taken care of...

walter8299

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
I have a quick and urgent question here.

My wife is in-land with a study permit, but it is expiring soon. Nov 30 2012.
We have already applied for an extension through online services as she is currently studying full-time in College.

I have applied sponsorship and PR for her in late March. I have received an email on July 23 saying they have received on April 2nd and began processing on July 23.

From what I've read around this forum, once we have submitted a PR sponsorship, my wife has implied status until AIP (first stage).

I know for the fact if my wife wants to continue studying in College, she needs to keep applying for the study permit (since school would not let her stay around to study if she doesn't have legal status to study).

But my question is: Do we still need to apply TRV for her while she's in Canada? I have already done all the forms to apply for a multiple entry visa for her, just in case her PR still has no results and she wants to visit her parents in China (as I want to visit my in-laws as well) with our first child over the summer of 2013 or winter 2013 during the school break. But visiting China during the school break is not a must.

We are thinking if we must apply TRV regardless, then we might as well try the multiple entry, so we can visit China and she can still re-enter Canada to continue her studies and wait for our PR application results.
But if she is implied status and TRV is not needed, then we might reconsider applying for the multiple entry since we think my wife should get an answer sometime by next June/July.

Any insight would be appreciated before I send it out today/late afternoon.
Thank you :)

CanED

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 21st 2012 rec'd on Ecas Nov 11th 2012
devine777 said:
I believe you have made the right decision because waiting for cic to ask you to do medicals will delay your process. do your medicals and send a copy of your receipt that the Immigration doctor's office people will give you after you pay to cic. That would be proof to cic that you did your medicals.
The Doctor cannot tell you the results of the medicals. They will only tell you if you have a major health issue that needs to be taken care of...
Thank you Devine777. Much appreciated.

RR

Sep 11, 2012
My application was received on Jan 2011. Is it ok if the status of my application online (your application was received on Jan 2011) without saying whether they started processing it or not!

jbel

Aug 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th Jan 2012
it is normal. my status is the same as you. i sent in early jan.

jbel

Aug 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th Jan 2012
and guess what? they have changed the date to Dec 5 2011!!

;D ;D ;D ;D

jbel

Aug 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th Jan 2012
Di_vas said:
Hi I4o,
As I wrote, my husband spoke with CIC agent and he told that I can apply for a health card, work and study permit. The agent promised to send us email with the necessary documents which must send, maybe he maybe made a mistake and he was attached to the email only one image with Canadian leaf. :(This is the letter:
Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Open Work Permit - Permanent Residence under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class

Generally, Work Permits are job specific. If you want to apply for a work permit, you need:
•a Labour Market Opinion (LMO) from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada; and
•a job offer from a specific employer.

In some cases, work permits are not job specific, so no job offer or LMO is needed. These types of permits are known as open work permits.

As an exception, you can apply for an open work permit if you:
•have applied for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class and your application has been *approved in principle; or
•are a **family member of the person listed above and you are included in his application for permanent residence.

To apply for a work permit:
•You must apply online through the Online Services page on our Web site; or

•You must send an Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Worker to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta.

The application is available on our Web site.
•You may visit our Web site to see how long it may take to process your application.

Please note that you must wait for your work permit to be approved before starting to work.

Please also note if the sponsored person did not send an open work permit application with their permanent residence application, they can send it, by mail, at any time while it is in process by writing Open Work Permit - Application for permanent residence in Canada - Spouse or common-law partner on the top of the form. They should also include proof that the permanent residence application was submitted. The open work permit application cannot be submitted online.

If you want to apply for a work permit before your application for permanent residence is approved in principle, you will need a job offer letter and an LMO. In this case, you must apply for a work permit at a Canadian visa office:
•responsible for your country of residence;
•responsible for your country of nationality; or
•in the country where you have been legally admitted.

*Approved in principle means that you received a letter from the Case Processing Centre or the local office stating that you are eligible to apply for permanent resident status but that a final decision will not be made until all requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, your family members.

** A family member is a spouse, common-law partner, dependent child or dependent child of a dependent child.

We went to Canada Service to ask for my health card and a woman told us that the card will be ready on 10 November-3 months after CIC letter.
I hope I helped.

ok i m a bit lost. so can i apply for health card now? or wait until i have the status in process or wait for AIP letter to come ?"3 months after CIC letter." what letter?

jbel

Aug 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th Jan 2012
RR said:
Yeah, I know ;D our applications are in the next batch ;)
So when it reaches our date.. what will happen? they will send us an email to tell us something? or ?

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2012/Oct 13, 2012 on ecas
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
jbel said:
So when it reaches our date.. what will happen? they will send us an email to tell us something? or ?

hi, when you reach you're date, expect an email from CIC, 1 for the sponsor and 1 for the applicant.

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
I am presently working on my wife's TRV extension online. Can I apply for a work permit for her at the sametime or do I have to wait for AIP?

danseba

Aug 14, 2012
Hi everyone,

So I see that the dates are moving very fast. Last week they were working on applications received on November 5h, and as of yesterday, they're working on applications received on December 5th.

My question is, what happenes when they start working on our applications? How long after that do we get AIP?

Have a freat one folks!

Nigea

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2012
AOR Received.
29/01/2013
File Transfer...
DM Oct. 31
Med's Done....
23/11/2012
LANDED..........
10/12/2013
Hello Everyone
I have just come over from the POS forum as we are considering applying inland instead of outland, due to the fact that St. Vincent now needs a visa to enter Canada and my fiancee really does not want to leave Canada and me. He is here on visitor status until Jan 9, 2013. We are getting married Nov. 10, 2012 and applying immediately following. My questions are:

1. Does he need to apply for extension or just submit PR application ( I think he is considered implied then)

2. Are medical and security sent in with PR like they are in outland apps. I believe the security especially would expire before they even get to your file.

3. OWP should be sent in with PR

Thanks

jbel

Aug 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th Jan 2012
lyn28 said:
hi, when you reach you're date, expect an email from CIC, 1 for the sponsor and 1 for the applicant.
oh.. what would be in the email? and what will happen after the email?

what if the date in the cic site is over my date and there is no email from them. what should i do?