11-10-2012
Med's Done....
Sent in october 2012 along w police cert
Interview........
we were asked for another police cert sept 2013
Passport Req..
they received new police cert nov 2013
johanna125 said:
HI Moeytya. Don't worry about the additional information which you sent to the visa office recently. You should be ok as long as you keep all courier receipts and proof of delivery that you have. About CIC acknowledging what you sent in ECAS, I noticed (based on forum comments here) that CIC does not usually acknowledge right away in ECAS what applicants sent as additional information. Later in the application process (let's say in 10-11 months), your ECAS will show more remarks in batches in consecutive days such as medical received, police clearance received, additional requested information received, and other details. That's normal, based on what I observed from forum members in the 2011 and 2012.
Johanna, thanks so much for your reply. it's been a month that i sent the additional information, and the ecase status only says received application.

is it normal that that information hasn't been updated in a bit over a month??

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moeytja said:
Johanna, thanks so much for your reply. it's been a month that i sent the additional information, and the ecase status only says received application.

is it normal that that information hasn't been updated in a bit over a month??

Yes that's normal. I noticed that what CIC does upon receipt of your PR application is to do an initial review and checking if all forms were properly filled up and if all requried documents were attached. Then if there's a deficiency (such as your case), they will notify you and give you a reasonable time to resubmit to them. Then they will proceed with the processing. But they won't update your ecas, they won't acknowledge that they received your additional information now. As I've said, they will do that towards the end of their initial assessment for Stage 1 AIP, maybe in 10-11 months. So better check your ECAS around 9th, 10th or 11th month and you will their remarks there. So don't worry.

johanna

moeytja

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2012
Doc's Request.
July 2012
AOR Received.
July 2012
Med's Request
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
johanna125 said:
Yes that's normal. I noticed that what CIC does upon receipt of your PR application is to do an initial review and checking if all forms were properly filled up and if all requried documents were attached. Then if there's a deficiency (such as your case), they will notify you and give you a reasonable time to resubmit to them. Then they will proceed with the processing. But they won't update your ecas, they won't acknowledge that they received your additional information now. As I've said, they will do that towards the end of their initial assessment for Stage 1 AIP, maybe in 10-11 months. So better check your ECAS around 9th, 10th or 11th month and you will their remarks there. So don't worry.

johanna
Johanna. Thanks again. one more little question, lol last one: Does the missing information that they requested delay my case like big time? do u know? as in, will they re-start my case after the time frame they gave me to submit the info? I just wanna know what kind of delay to expect.. Thanks a lot Johanna.

tommyp

Nov 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2012
AOR Received.
Sep 6 , 2012
Med's Request
Done before requested
Med's Done....
Jan 30, 2012
LANDED..........
August 29,2013
Hi all new to this after me and my wife doubled check to make sure our application was in order we sent the application for pr April 13 2012 was received April 16 2012 we then received a letter on saying in order to continue processing your application in Canada further information is requested long story short they need another schedule a background declaration form IMM 5669 bearing an original signature for myself and the letter said it must be received by 07/10/2012 but the letter was dated 8/8/2012 we know we sent that form . btw how long does it take to get sponsorship approval we checked ecas all it says is application was received

moeytja

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2012
Doc's Request.
July 2012
AOR Received.
July 2012
Med's Request
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
tommyp said:
Hi all new to this after me and my wife doubled check to make sure our application was in order we sent the application for pr April 13 2012 was received April 16 2012 we then received a letter on saying in order to continue processing your application in Canada further information is requested long story short they need another schedule a background declaration form IMM 5669 bearing an original signature for myself and the letter said it must be received by 07/10/2012 but the letter was dated 8/8/2012 we know we sent that form . btw how long does it take to get sponsorship approval we checked ecas all it says is application was received
tommyp said:
Tommyp,

Hi, i have the exact same situation. They also requested me more info cause i made a mistake in the background dates and sent me another form to complete. I sent it after a week they sent it to me. This was in july. They gave me a deadline in october as well. They havent acknowledged they received the additional info they requested. My ecase says application receved. I wonder when it will be in,process again??

Apparently the sponsor thing , and case in general takes arou d 10-11 months... Its not like the outland that they first approve the sponsor in 5 months and then u. The inland is more lime they approve ur case in general in principle after 10-11 months u sent it...

Anyone know how long will our applications be delayed because of this additional info request¿...

i4o

Apr 27, 2012
Di_vas said:
Hello,
On August 10 I/the principal applicant/ received email from CIC that I need to fill again IMM5669 and sent to 09/10/2012. :( On 11 August my husband received email from CIC "This letter confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada on 2012/04/17 on behalf of the following member: me"
The next day we were able to check our status on their website/with my details/. My husband phoned to ask them what is wrong with IMM5669 and am I already in the process and they told him that since August 10 I am in the process and I can apply for a health card, work and study permit. I can take a driver's license, too. My health card will be ready on 10 November. I`m studying for a test for a driver's license now. :)
Hello all,
I'm a bit confused. I thought that you can apply for a work and study permit after your sponsorship request is approved and for a health card after you get PR status. Am i wrong? I just got an email from CIC saying that they received my sponsorship and PR applications. May i apply for work permit already?

buzybee, could you please update my info in the table? My application was received on April 5, 2012.
Do they usually sent another email saying that an application is in process?

Thanks

FT2KE

Aug 31, 2012
HI ALL!!! DID ANYONE BY ANY CHANCE GOT THEIR PR APPLICATION PACKAGE SENT TO CPC-VEGREVILLE SIGNED FOR BY SAL ANWEILER OR ANWIELER????? PLEASE DO REPLY I JUST NEED TO FIND OUT !!! THANKS

tommyp

Nov 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2012
AOR Received.
Sep 6 , 2012
Med's Request
Done before requested
Med's Done....
Jan 30, 2012
LANDED..........
August 29,2013
Hi FT2KE my application was sent to Vegreville and was signed by SAL ANWIELER did you have any problems

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Mine was signed by Sal A. I am assuming that is the same person. I guess I can now say I know for sure that they have my application if everybody has the same signature.

Di_vas

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2012
Doc's Request.
10-08-2012
Med's Request
12-10-2012
Med's Done....
20-10-2012
Hi I4o,
As I wrote, my husband spoke with CIC agent and he told that I can apply for a health card, work and study permit. The agent promised to send us email with the necessary documents which must send, maybe he maybe made a mistake and he was attached to the email only one image with Canadian leaf. :(This is the letter:
Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Open Work Permit - Permanent Residence under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class

Generally, Work Permits are job specific. If you want to apply for a work permit, you need:
•a Labour Market Opinion (LMO) from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada; and
•a job offer from a specific employer.

In some cases, work permits are not job specific, so no job offer or LMO is needed. These types of permits are known as open work permits.

As an exception, you can apply for an open work permit if you:
•have applied for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class and your application has been *approved in principle; or
•are a **family member of the person listed above and you are included in his application for permanent residence.

To apply for a work permit:
•You must apply online through the Online Services page on our Web site; or

•You must send an Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Worker to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta.

The application is available on our Web site.
•You may visit our Web site to see how long it may take to process your application.

Please note that you must wait for your work permit to be approved before starting to work.

Please also note if the sponsored person did not send an open work permit application with their permanent residence application, they can send it, by mail, at any time while it is in process by writing Open Work Permit - Application for permanent residence in Canada - Spouse or common-law partner on the top of the form. They should also include proof that the permanent residence application was submitted. The open work permit application cannot be submitted online.

If you want to apply for a work permit before your application for permanent residence is approved in principle, you will need a job offer letter and an LMO. In this case, you must apply for a work permit at a Canadian visa office:
•responsible for your country of residence;
•responsible for your country of nationality; or
•in the country where you have been legally admitted.

*Approved in principle means that you received a letter from the Case Processing Centre or the local office stating that you are eligible to apply for permanent resident status but that a final decision will not be made until all requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, your family members.

** A family member is a spouse, common-law partner, dependent child or dependent child of a dependent child.

We went to Canada Service to ask for my health card and a woman told us that the card will be ready on 10 November-3 months after CIC letter.
I hope I helped.

FT2KE

Aug 31, 2012
tommyp said:
Hi FT2KE my application was sent to Vegreville and was signed by SAL ANWIELER did you have any problems
Hey tommyp...... no i did not have any problems ...its just i had sent my application on the 05/05/2012n by canada post was able to track it and it got on the 14/05/2012..... and they said it will would be delivered in 3 business days....well i guess i got a bit worried maybe they had delivered it to the wrong place...so was confirming if it was signed by SAL ANWIELER.. I called the call centre but they said they haven't opened it yet....so still waiting....

buzybee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2012
AOR Received.
April 25, 2012
Di_vas said:
Hi I4o,
As I wrote, my husband spoke with CIC agent and he told that I can apply for a health card, work and study permit. The agent promised to send us email with the necessary documents which must send, maybe he maybe made a mistake and he was attached to the email only one image with Canadian leaf. :(This is the letter:
Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Open Work Permit - Permanent Residence under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class

Generally, Work Permits are job specific. If you want to apply for a work permit, you need:
•a Labour Market Opinion (LMO) from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada; and
•a job offer from a specific employer.

In some cases, work permits are not job specific, so no job offer or LMO is needed. These types of permits are known as open work permits.

As an exception, you can apply for an open work permit if you:
•have applied for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class and your application has been *approved in principle; or
•are a **family member of the person listed above and you are included in his application for permanent residence.

To apply for a work permit:
•You must apply online through the Online Services page on our Web site; or

•You must send an Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Worker to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta.

The application is available on our Web site.
•You may visit our Web site to see how long it may take to process your application.

Please note that you must wait for your work permit to be approved before starting to work.

Please also note if the sponsored person did not send an open work permit application with their permanent residence application, they can send it, by mail, at any time while it is in process by writing Open Work Permit - Application for permanent residence in Canada - Spouse or common-law partner on the top of the form. They should also include proof that the permanent residence application was submitted. The open work permit application cannot be submitted online.

If you want to apply for a work permit before your application for permanent residence is approved in principle, you will need a job offer letter and an LMO. In this case, you must apply for a work permit at a Canadian visa office:
•responsible for your country of residence;
•responsible for your country of nationality; or
•in the country where you have been legally admitted.

*Approved in principle means that you received a letter from the Case Processing Centre or the local office stating that you are eligible to apply for permanent resident status but that a final decision will not be made until all requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, your family members.

** A family member is a spouse, common-law partner, dependent child or dependent child of a dependent child.

We went to Canada Service to ask for my health card and a woman told us that the card will be ready on 10 November-3 months after CIC letter.
I hope I helped.
Hello,

i4o i have updated your information!

And just a quick question, what provence are you applying from? Would that matter in terms of applying for a health card? I also thought you had to wait at least for AIP before applying for a health card.

Hope everyones doing well.

visita44

Jun 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 4, 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 27, 2011
Interview........
Mar 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2012
i4o said:
Hello all,
I'm a bit confused. I thought that you can apply for a work and study permit after your sponsorship request is approved and for a health card after you get PR status. Am i wrong? I just got an email from CIC saying that they received my sponsorship and PR applications. May i apply for work permit already?

buzybee, could you please update my info in the table? My application was received on April 5, 2012.
Do they usually sent another email saying that an application is in process?

Thanks
Excuse me: You can not apply for work permit or study permit until you get first stage approval ( Approved in Principle ). CIC will send you a letter that you can apply for work permit if you want right after first stage. Checking for Sponor's eligibility is only first part of first stage. You can apply for work permit before first stage, if you have a positive LMO from an employer..

sandman

Aug 17, 2012
yeahhh buddy,

sent my application on 27 july 2012 RECEIVED AT VEGREVILLE ON 31 JULY 2012.
haven't heard anything yet, but i decided to KCCO..