INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pearl75 said:
Ah you seem very relax:) I wish I could be like you:) I'm bored sitting at home. Finally summer is coming so I can go out.

By the way, as I've asked on my previous post. What can we do after the first approval? Can we travel? Please say yes :D
Its really depends on the country you are from if its a visa exempt country but i also depend on the boarder officer too who can refuse you entry....i will advice that you wait for DM letter...hopefully u can travel with but in any case call CIC before you step out.good luck

pearl75

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you but what is DM letter?

Thank you.

CheshireCats

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Sarnia Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2013 & 03-06-2016
Oh Pearl :( I know you want to go home so badly and my heart just aches for you.
DM is decision made, after first stage approval and current wait times if I believe are another 8 months after that, however hopefully the new barcode system will make that faster.

My only suggestion for going home after first stage approval, as it is completely up to border officers, is having as many ties to this country as possible. Try to see if you can get a job offer and a positive LMO from someone. You are in the best part of the country for that to happen. It's still not a definite that you will be able to go home and come back, but I've seen it happen.

buzybee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2012
AOR Received.
April 25, 2012
How's it going Jbel, Caregirl747, Yankanuck, any news?

jbel

Aug 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th Jan 2012
no news for me, still same status- application received.

i am wondering how they decided who should go first? even though i sent out the earliest and reached them the earliest in this thread, my status is still received.
i already sent them my client information update 2 weeks back, buzybee and canEd, did you do so too?

my friends who had went through this stage with me, they told me cic has country preference. some of them, who are from brazil and taiwan, got it really fast. so what happen to the rest of us?

I wonder whether this information is it true? i really hope not.

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jbel said:
no news for me, still same status- application received.

i am wondering how they decided who should go first? even though i sent out the earliest and reached them the earliest in this thread, my status is still received.
i already sent them my client information update 2 weeks back, buzybee and canEd, did you do so too?

my friends who had went through this stage with me, they told me cic has country preference. some of them, who are from brazil and taiwan, got it really fast. so what happen to the rest of us?

I wonder whether this information is it true? i really hope not.

Hi. Just wondering what is a Client Information Update (CIU)? When did you receive it? I sent my application last January 25, 2012 but until now, my sponsor has not received any email notice or any CIU letter from CIC? It's been 3 months and 10 days now.

buzybee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2012
AOR Received.
April 25, 2012
I was going to ask the same thing about the Client Information Update, do you mean you had to update just some information from your application such as your address?

Have you tried calling just to see if they have a Client ID for you already? Just based on several other threads some people have called and received their Client ID so they could at least sign in to Ecas.

I don't know about country preference. I haven't heard anything. I think this whole process just takes a while. 3 months seems like a long time but its not much when the first step takes at least 11 months!!!

buzybee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2012
AOR Received.
April 25, 2012
bumping us up

sommer

Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 March 2012
CheshireCats said:
Oh Pearl :( I know you want to go home so badly and my heart just aches for you.
DM is decision made, after first stage approval and current wait times if I believe are another 8 months after that, however hopefully the new barcode system will make that faster.

My only suggestion for going home after first stage approval, as it is completely up to border officers, is having as many ties to this country as possible. Try to see if you can get a job offer and a positive LMO from someone. You are in the best part of the country for that to happen. It's still not a definite that you will be able to go home and come back, but I've seen it happen.
I know you feel Pearl. I have missed my fav grandpa`s funeral and going to miss my bro`s wedding, I also want to go home just for a quick moment.. Is there any umm.. like.. emergency travel permit? I have been (and still) trying to get a job but still haven`t got any luck and I come from the country that needs visa to get to Canada. I guess I will have to wait for the DM.

Btw, what is LMO? and thank you for the explanation about traveling :)

buzybee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2012
AOR Received.
April 25, 2012
sommer said:
I know you feel Pearl. I have missed my fav grandpa`s funeral and going to miss my bro`s wedding, I also want to go home just for a quick moment.. Is there any umm.. like.. emergency travel permit? I have been (and still) trying to get a job but still haven`t got any luck and I come from the country that needs visa to get to Canada. I guess I will have to wait for the DM.

Btw, what is LMO? and thank you for the explanation about traveling :)
To my knowledge, if you have a valid permit, such as a work permit, you can leave, however CIC advises against it. To my understanding the reason they advise against leaving Canada while your PR is being processed is because if your denied re-entry into Canada, then your application for PR is stopped. So it's a little risky.

juliette_ds

Jun 6, 2011
Well I made a phone call to the CIC today. It seems that my application is in process even though the website update hasn't moved for months. They said I have another 2-3 months before the AIP comes through and the work permit comes through after that. I am seriously hoping it doesn't take too long and processes faster. It's been 7 months already (application received by CIC October 27,2011). What a pity they don't pay us interest on the fees we pay for the time it takes to process the applications!

Really happy for those that have all their approvals now. Best of luck and think of us in the queue, often :)

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
buzybee said:
Hi everyone,

so cililoca, i noticed your image was a Brazilian flag. If you don't mind me asking what your situation is? Are you Brazilian? Are you the sponsor or the applicant? I'm only asking because i am Brazilian and the applicant. Just wondering if someone else is just like me :)

Thanks!!
Yes, I'm Brazilian and my husband is sponsoring me. We sent the application on August 2011. It's only been 9 months but feels like forever!! How is your application going? Best of luck for you!

buzybee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2012
AOR Received.
April 25, 2012

sommer

Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 March 2012
buzybee said:
To my knowledge, if you have a valid permit, such as a work permit, you can leave, however CIC advises against it. To my understanding the reason they advise against leaving Canada while your PR is being processed is because if your denied re-entry into Canada, then your application for PR is stopped. So it's a little risky.

I only have visitor visa :(

Yes, I totally agree with you about the reason why the immigration advises against leaving Canada. It is very risky.