Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 21st 2012 rec'd on Ecas Nov 11th 2012
Hi Johanna125,

I know that you must be getting anxious - the only advice I can give is to keep checking the email and make sure you look in SPAM also. Don't worry too much about it. It won't help the situation. You will hear shortly and all the worry will be for nothing! Stay positive - it will not be long until the whole process is finished and you can have this headache out of the way!!!

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not worried at all. Really positive actually. Just wondering if Antony from feb 2 has received there email lol

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johanna125 said:
Hi tozo. Same worry i have. Mine was received on 25 Jan 2012, but until now, my sponsor has not received any email notice yet or whatsoever from CIC. Buzybee and CanEd sent theirs in middle of Jan 2012, and they already have received email notices last April. I tried to call CIC again yesterday, the agent told me "for the 10th time", "we are only processing april30, 2011".

Then I told agent that I know some people who sent apps on jan 2012 and they already received email notices on april 2012. Then agent said "that's not possible. Maybe those people applied outland and not inland". I said "no, they applied inland". Then agent insisted "No, they are outland. We are only processsing april 30, 2011. You won't be hearing from CIC until after 11 months".

What do you think tozo?
well i do understand your position and worry and i can tell you for a fact that i did not receive any email from my cic and its also depends on the IO who is working on your file and there is no standard procedure for that to send email acknowledgment as some people have received....the fact is though they had my email alright but did not hear from them after 7 months by then i can also access Ecas, then they requested me to update some info ,that where cic send me client update forms that is when i officially heard from them and after 3 month i had my AIP .....CIC is well ahead of the process time and am sure they are working june 2011 , for the agent they only have limited access to your file and cant tell you all about your file.i guess you need to relax.....hope this helps

hamedsilent

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear

Totally agree with tozo, I remember even last year so many clients haven't had their e cas updated till the first stage of approval and that happened exactly in summer. all of sudden they stopped updating the ecas till first stage of approval and again it got back to normal. so please don't worry and don't rely on ecas since it always updates randomly and about agents you will be seeing a lot of inconsistency every time you call. as long as you are within time period they always remind you of the time in their website and after that they will just basically ask you to be more patient and totally not helpful.
Good luck and be positive.

buzybee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2012
AOR Received.
April 25, 2012
this thread has been a bit quiet. is everyone excited about the long weekend?

bump

buzybee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2012
AOR Received.
April 25, 2012
johanna125 said:
hi buzybee and caned :)
Hey johanna125,
so how's it going? any special plans for the long weekend to keep your mind off the process?

buzybee

CanED

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
Hi Buzybee & Johanna (& All),

Hope you had a good long weekend!

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanED said:
Hi Buzybee & Johanna (& All),

Hope you had a good long weekend!

Hi Buzybee and CanEd. Long weekend was awesome. Went camping and canoeing with my husband and friends. Summer is approaching so instead of dwelling on waiting and worrying for AIP, might as well have fun and enjoy because worrying won't expedite the CIC process I guess.

johanna

CanED

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
Very true,

Enjoy that nice weather rather than worrying. Hope things start moving along for you all. Here's to a great summer while waiting for this to be over!

All the best!

CheshireCats

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Sarnia Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2013 & 03-06-2016
Hey guys...
I just received an email from CIC...it confuses me actually!!

It says, Dear ME:

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2012/02/07.

I am the sponsor, my husband the applicant. This letter is making me think that I royally messed up!

I am happy I finally got something, but just a little confused... :)
Shouldn't it say something along the lines of...your application to sponsor? Oh oh...

buzybee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2012
AOR Received.
April 25, 2012
CheshireCats said:
Hey guys...
I just received an email from CIC...it confuses me actually!!

It says, Dear ME:

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2012/02/07.

I am the sponsor, my husband the applicant. This letter is making me think that I royally messed up!

I am happy I finally got something, but just a little confused... :)
Shouldn't it say something along the lines of...your application to sponsor? Oh oh...
Hey CheshireCats,

Mine said the same thing. Or should I say my sponsors. Thats the main reason I joined this forum. I had a mini panac attack when my sponsor showed me that email. I think the idea is that your the sponsor and your applying for permanent residency for your husband. That's the only conclusion I could come too based on the many threads I read through.

Plus when I signed into ECAS it clearly stated that I was the applicant and my boyfriend the sponsor. So that definitley put an ease to my worrying. I had to wait about 6 days though till I was able to actually access ECAS.

Hope that calms you down a bit.

And by the way congratulations! Your application has begun its long journey :D

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Buzybee and CanEd. Finally, my sponsor (husband) received an email notice from CIC acknowledging the receipt of my application yesterday. They received my app package Jan. 25, 2012, so 4 months. But it's ok, at least now, we know the processing has started officially.

I saw a post from CheshireCats in this forum. Her sponsor's email notice just came in also. Her app was received on Feb 7, 2012. So now, I guess 4 of us have almost the same timelines and same boat. Caned, buzybee, CheshireCats and me. Good luck to all of us.

johanna

CheshireCats

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Sarnia Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2013 & 03-06-2016
Thank you Buzybee, I tried to call this morning, and there was a 10 minute wait. The song they have on the recording is painful, so I hung up :)
I will wait a week and see what Ecas says.
Tell me something though, when I try to sign into Ecas...am I going to use My name, or my husbands name and details??

It was pretty exciting to see that email last night I have to say. It's been since February that I mailed that application off...the ball is finally starting to roll :)

Pearl75, did your husband get his email yet? He probably should have got his on Tuesday as you are one day before ours :) If not, maybe call your lawyer!!

kidvicious1

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2012
AOR Received.
12/10/2012
Med's Request
14/12/2012 AIP
Med's Done....
12/04/2012 Re-done Jan 2012
Interview........
24/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
Hey

I am about to send off my inland app for PR. I was just wondering, as I am still on visitor status - do you guys know any way I could get more than a 6 month extension at a time? I tried applying for the experience program for 1 year but they ran out of places... How are your sponsored persons staying here legally? Temp residents? Work permits?