+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When u apply inland u have implied statuse do it means to stay in Canada u do not need to extend ur stay. However there r others who feel it is a good idea to extend the stay anyway invade there is some emergency and they wand to chance trying to leave the country and come back again.

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have read in numerous other threads that the sponsor will receive the first email because the first application that gets processed is the application to sponsor so I would not worry it's normal for the sponsor to receive the first email. I'm a little disappointed that I did not receive an mail because I wanted to sent in additional evidence with my client I'd number and I am guessing that if people who sent there apical ion in feb already are receiving email confirmation that I am one of the lucky ones who will not receive this confirmation unroll later in the process as we sent our app on feb 1 and it arrived feb2. But looking on the bright side it must mean they have already opened it.

buzybee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2012
AOR Received.
April 25, 2012
CheshireCats said:
Thank you Buzybee, I tried to call this morning, and there was a 10 minute wait. The song they have on the recording is painful, so I hung up :)
I will wait a week and see what Ecas says.
Tell me something though, when I try to sign into Ecas...am I going to use My name, or my husbands name and details??

It was pretty exciting to see that email last night I have to say. It's been since February that I mailed that application off...the ball is finally starting to roll :)

Pearl75, did your husband get his email yet? He probably should have got his on Tuesday as you are one day before ours :) If not, maybe call your lawyer!!
CheshireCats,

You would use the sponsors information, so in this case it would be your surname, date of birth and citizenship.

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called CIC today to find out about extension of visitor visa for inland applicants because I am worried about family emergencies. His response to me was that if u apply inland that ur status is only implied if u also apply for the open work permit at the same time. He also said that because we applied for open work permit and our status is implied that there is no need to apply for extension of stay and that if there was a family emergency that the border officer would not think that we over stayed our visit because we have an application in process. However he also said that it is perfectly alright to apply for an extension of stay if we feel better about it. I hope some of this helps answer ur question

kidvicious1

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2012
AOR Received.
12/10/2012
Med's Request
14/12/2012 AIP
Med's Done....
12/04/2012 Re-done Jan 2012
Interview........
24/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
Thanks Wolanila, you gave me a better response than the CIC ever could!

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
kidvicious1 said:
Hey

I am about to send off my inland app for PR. I was just wondering, as I am still on visitor status - do you guys know any way I could get more than a 6 month extension at a time? I tried applying for the experience program for 1 year but they ran out of places... How are your sponsored persons staying here legally? Temp residents? Work permits?
yes you can get more than six monthS of visitor extension but you first need to send out your appl package for PR AND MENTION YOUR CLIENT ID# WHICH IS ON YOUR VISA, then within 30-60 days or even within a few days before your current staTUs as visitor expires, you can apply for another extension. They can give you for up to 2yrs and you can apply as often as you like so long your PR apps is in process. AND DO THE VISA EXTENSION APPLICATION ONLINE IF YOU CAN AS IT TAKES LESS THAN 2 WEEKS ONLINE USING THE SAME CLIENT ID#

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kidvicious1 said:
Hey

I am about to send off my inland app for PR. I was just wondering, as I am still on visitor status - do you guys know any way I could get more than a 6 month extension at a time? I tried applying for the experience program for 1 year but they ran out of places... How are your sponsored persons staying here legally? Temp residents? Work permits?
as per the application if you are being sponsored ,you come under a implied status meaning your status will be based on the out come of your application or you can apply for extension of your visitors visa while your application is been processed.....you live legally while you are under implied status till the out come of your pr application.......with regard to work permit you will be able to apply after the first stage approval AIP...GOOD LUCK

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
U can apply for the work permit with ur application and it will be processed with aip. I found I interesting that the CIC officer said u only get implie status if u have applied for a work permit along with ur pr, does anyone know if this is true?

CanED

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 21st 2012 rec'd on Ecas Nov 11th 2012
Hi All,

I am currently here on a closed work permit. This expires this year and I called CIC to enquire about this the agents both my wife and I spoke to assured us that once you are in Canada on implied status - you retain the status you had at the time of applying. Now as I had a work permit i do not require an extension, but it also depends on your employer too! Bottom line - if you are here on visitor status at the time of applying you will keep this status until a decision is made. As others have said you can apply for an open work permit when you sned in you application.

pearl75

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hope you guys are OK. Tozo, here is an update from me.

I've received the email on 17th of May. I'm just curious to know why it took them 4 months to open our applications? I have looked at peoples time lines and almost all of them got their email withing 2 months of sending but ours is 4 months...?

Anyway, our lawyer said the time lines on the web site is last years time line and also not to email them unless you changed your address or email as it takes time away from the processing times. So please unless it is necessary do not email or call them to enquire about your application progress. They will let you know if they need additional info. or finish processing your application anyway so be patience!( I know it is hard but we have no choice)

Pearl :)

dentpratik

Mar 23, 2012
Hi guys ..cic received my inland application on 6th feb.and now i can see update on ecas that my appplication has been received..does that mean is it in process???? another thing is neither me nor my wife received any email regarding our application...is it ok?

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pearl75 said:
Hope you guys are OK. Tozo, here is an update from me.

I've received the email on 17th of May. I'm just curious to know why it took them 4 months to open our applications? I have looked at peoples time lines and almost all of them got their email withing 2 months of sending but ours is 4 months...?

Anyway, our lawyer said the time lines on the web site is last years time line and also not to email them unless you changed your address or email as it takes time away from the processing times. So please unless it is necessary do not email or call them to enquire about your application progress. They will let you know if they need additional info. or finish processing your application anyway so be patience!( I know it is hard but we have no choice)

Pearl :)
Pearl,well its all depend on the IO assigned to your file ...its can be that he/she just finished reviewing your file and i guess your e-cas will state in process...am not sure why its took 4 months to send an email but sometimes the mail room can delay your applications....dont worry the delay is part of the 11 month wait period.check you ecas and give me a feed back and i hope its states application in process.good luck Pearl. :)

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dentpratik said:
Hi guys ..cic received my inland application on 6th feb.and now i can see update on ecas that my appplication has been received..does that mean is it in process???? another thing is neither me nor my wife received any email regarding our application...is it ok?
dentpratik welcome to the thread,yes your application has been received and its been review by IO and until he/she finishes that its still in the states of application received......after reviewing its then you move on to application in process.its normal.for email confirmation its depends on the IO assigned to you file.....maybe he will send an email after reviewing it ....dont worry you will be fine. :D

CheshireCats

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Sarnia Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2013 & 03-06-2016
Good morning fellow Inlanders...I am finally able to sign into Ecas :D

Tozo...will you update the spreadsheet (if you haven't already)
The date I rec'd my confirmation email that my application was in process was May 22nd :)

Thanks!!

Have a good day everyone :)

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quick question:

Based on recent posts here, looks like most receive email notices from CIC about PR apps received 3-4 months after we mailed them to CIC. My question is : Does the 11-month minimum stage 1 waiting period start on the day they received it (lets say January 2012), or on the day they said they started processing it (lets say +4 months = May 2012)?