Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2012
AOR Received.
April 25, 2012
Well it looks like things are moving! i actually had the same question as johanna, i wasn't sure when they started counting the 11 months. I assumed it would be when they started processing but i could be wrong ;D it they start counting when they received it that would be even better!!

pearl75

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Tozo,

What is ecas and how do I check it? I don't want to call them and waste their time as I've been told that it takes time from my application progress.

Thanks,
Pearl

tozo said:
Pearl,well its all depend on the IO assigned to your file ...its can be that he/she just finished reviewing your file and i guess your e-cas will state in process...am not sure why its took 4 months to send an email but sometimes the mail room can delay your applications....dont worry the delay is part of the 11 month wait period.check you ecas and give me a feed back and i hope its states application in process.good luck Pearl. :)

buzybee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2012
AOR Received.
April 25, 2012
pearl75 said:
Hi Tozo,

What is ecas and how do I check it? I don't want to call them and waste their time as I've been told that it takes time from my application progress.

Thanks,
Pearl
Hi pearl75,

ECAS is a site from the Canadian government that allows you to check the status on the permanent residence application. CAS stand for Client Application Status, not sure about the E part. Has the sponsor of the permanent residence received an email? Sorry if you've already mentioned it, because if you have in the email is the UCI and application number that you would use to sign in.

Was that clear enough? Sorry if i confused you.

pearl75

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you busybee. I guess the E stands for Electronic. So Electronic Client Application Status. I'm probably wrong though :) Thanks again.

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,its good to see some progress for 2012 applicants.......the counting starts from the day cic confirm that your application has been received,example if you application was received on feb 10,2012 then you about 3months in the 11 months waiting period...good luck to all and have a great weekend.

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
INLAND APPLICATIONS SENT IN 2012 CHART
(Currently taking 11 months from date app was received to hear by CIC about AIP)

Name App Received In Process Decision Made Approval In Principle (AIP) Total Time for AIP PR/LANDED

Jbel Jan 5
Caregirl747 Jan 16
CanED Jan 16 April 23
Yankanuck Jan 17
buzybee Jan 19 April 25
Johanna125 Jan 25 May 22
wolanila Feb 2
Peral75 Feb 6 may 17
CheshireCats Feb 7 may 20
mdna march 10

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tozo on ur chart is app received mean the date the package arrived or the date CIC opened the package?

pearl75

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wolanila, I think it should be the day CIC received your application.

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ours was received feb 2, just no confirmation yet. Does that mean our app is in process?

pearl75

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You sent it via recorded delivery right? If you did you should be able to track whether they(CIC) received or not. If they received then don't worry about getting an acknowledgement email as not all Immigration Officers send one. You may receive an email this week and they will update the very next week saying "decision made" :) I wouldn't worry about it much but again as long as you know that they(CIC) received your application.

After I sent my application I stop coming here for couple of months :) as every post I read said different things or someones applications finalised withing 8 months other ones finalised in 2 years! :eek: You will always think "I wish I have send this one too, why didn't I do this or that" etc. Just make sure CIC received your application and wait for the allocated times. If you don't hear withing 11 months then contact. I know it is very difficult especially, for people who are used to work and have strong ties to their family(I'm both :D ) but there is no point in getting upset about something we can't change. In my case, god forbid in any emergency I'm out of here I don't care if I have to start all over again. Knowing this relaxes me. :)

Oh another thing is, think positive! Positive thinking brings positive stuff :)

Pearl75

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wolanila said:
Tozo on ur chart is app received mean the date the package arrived or the date CIC opened the package?
wolanila,the day cic confirmed that they have received your application is the first day the counting starts for the first stage and they will start working on it when they open it to feed the system with you information and then its moves to in process....hope its clear now.good luck.

buzybee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2012
AOR Received.
April 25, 2012
tozo said:
INLAND APPLICATIONS SENT IN 2012 CHART
(Currently taking 11 months from date app was received to hear by CIC about AIP)

Name App Received In Process Decision Made Approval In Principle (AIP) Total Time for AIP PR/LANDED

Jbel Jan 5
Caregirl747 Jan 16
CanED Jan 16 April 23
Yankanuck Jan 17
buzybee Jan 19 April 25
Johanna125 Jan 25
wolanila Feb 2
Peral75 Feb 6 may 17
CheshireCats Feb 7 may 20
mdna march 10
Hey tozo,

Johanna received the email saying they started processing her application on May 22.
By the way what's going on with Jbel, Caregirl747, Yankanuck?

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
CheshireCats said:
What exactly is AIP ? Approved in Principal...and, what exactly does that mean?

And...the OWP, we have like I said earlier just applied for an initial WP but are expecting a denial...when can we apply for the OWP?

Sorry for all the questions, it is just all so confusing! ::)

Our circumstances suck to the max at the moment (self inflicted) and we already have the CBSA on our butts :eek: However, they are helping us out as much as they can and my hubby has to report to them monthly. They're scary folks, but nice ;)
Why ur hubby needs to report to cbsa if u dont mind

Why does

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I found this from another forum. Just googled it and wola. It means CIC acknowledge the relationship as genuine and continuous one and therefore the applicant is accepted as a "member of Spouse or Common-Law Partner Class". At the same time, AIP means the sponsorship is approved.
http://www.immigration.ca/discussion2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=37268

U can apply for an open work permit along with ur pr application and it will be approved with AIP

dentpratik

Mar 23, 2012
tozo said:
dentpratik welcome to the thread,yes your application has been received and its been review by IO and until he/she finishes that its still in the states of application received......after reviewing its then you move on to application in process.its normal.for email confirmation its depends on the IO assigned to you file.....maybe he will send an email after reviewing it ....dont worry you will be fine. :D
So, My application is not in process......right? it will come in process once IO will approved that my application is complete.....right?