App. Filed.......
17/12/12
AOR Received.
26/01/13
Med's Done....
06/12/12
LANDED..........
19/12/13
Congratulations to those who got AIPs & DMs....this really is a long & stressed waiting...

I am getting edgy and anxious because my app. received on Dec.17th & AOR on Jan.26th, however, my situation became a bit tricky here since Sep. -my hubby lost his job and is being treated by his doctor and psychologist for his anxiety,depression and panic attack problems, for which he has been waiting for the final decision of EI sickness benefits..(he applied it Sep.20th and he has been waiting due to a big backlog).

I am just worried what if CIC found his unemployment since September....especially he does not have any source of income at the moment..for now we only depends on our little savings and money coming from his family....

I have been torn if we should reported this change by consideration of that our application maybe being assessed now ??? I am sure my hubby's family and friends will be willing to provide attestation stating that they are willing to assist us whenever we are in financial distress....just wondering if we should do this before CIC finds it or we could get away with it without reporting CIC this change....

any advice would be appreciated.....sign...

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
sunflora said:
Congratulations to those who got AIPs & DMs....this really is a long & stressed waiting...

I am getting edgy and anxious because my app. received on Dec.17th & AOR on Jan.26th, however, my situation became a bit tricky here since Sep. -my hubby lost his job and is being treated by his doctor and psychologist for his anxiety,depression and panic attack problems, for which he has been waiting for the final decision of EI sickness benefits..(he applied it Sep.20th and he has been waiting due to a big backlog).

I am just worried what if CIC found his unemployment since September....especially he does not have any source of income at the moment..for now we only depends on our little savings and money coming from his family....

I have been torn if we should reported this change by consideration of that our application maybe being assessed now ??? I am sure my hubby's family and friends will be willing to provide attestation stating that they are willing to assist us whenever we are in financial distress....just wondering if we should do this before CIC finds it or we could get away with it without reporting CIC this change....

any advice would be appreciated.....sign...
No reporting need to be done. EI and long term disability are not social assistance. So nothing to worry about.

Screech339

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
screech339 said:
No reporting need to be done. EI and long term disability are not social assistance. So nothing to worry about.

Screech339
Definitely agree. My wife went on EI and CIC is fine with it. EI is NOT considered social assistance, as it is actually something every Canadian employee pays for in their taxes. In essence, you are getting what you paid returned to you, not taking from the system. Definitely needs to be reported though. And remember, you can sponsor someone even if you don't have an income. Good luck with everything, I hope this helps with any anxiety or stress.

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
Good evening!

About 20 minutes ago, my husband received an e-mail that he was approved as a sponsor. And 5 minutes ago, I received an e-mail from CIC. It says that

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
resident status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in Montreal will contact you concerning your permanent resident
status.

Please note: At the time of your appointment, you and your family members, if any, will
be required to present the original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration
Centre. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be
made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the
confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your
passport or identity documents.

[X] Your application for a work permit has been approved and your new document(s) will be
sent to you separately. You are authorized to remain in Canada under the conditions listed
on the document(s). Please read them carefully.

So, this means that I got my AIP and my DM? (& OWP!) I'm sooooooooooooooo excited!

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
Tomorisu said:
Good evening!

About 20 minutes ago, my husband received an e-mail that he was approved as a sponsor. And 5 minutes ago, I received an e-mail from CIC. It says that

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
resident status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in Montreal will contact you concerning your permanent resident
status.

Please note: At the time of your appointment, you and your family members, if any, will
be required to present the original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration
Centre. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be
made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the
confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your
passport or identity documents.

[X] Your application for a work permit has been approved and your new document(s) will be
sent to you separately. You are authorized to remain in Canada under the conditions listed
on the document(s). Please read them carefully.

So, this means that I got my AIP and my DM? I'm sooooooooooooooo excited!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! AIP & DM!!!!!!!! Wooohoooooo!!!! Seems QuebecOkie will be drinking beers and partying now that you have it (if I recall correctly)

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
CONGRATULATIONS, Tomorisu! I'm soooooooooooooo happy for you! My husband just had to ask, "What's going on?!?" after I gasped and put my hands to my my mouth. BOTH OF THEM! I've been hoping so hard that you'd get both! What did I say? By November 30? I was too conservative by over a month!

Yep, I'm going to make a drink in your honour (haha, you remember right, sounion!). I'm so excited for you, I could just hop in the car and drive down to Québec to buy a drink for you, too.

Finally. *wiping away a tear* I know how nervous you've been, as others in front of you got good news, and your time drew nearer. Congratulations on finally being able to see the finish line.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
I am very happy for you Tomorisu! *does a happy lil dance*

Gratz to you :D

RebeccaF

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2012
AOR Received.
22-01-2013
I also just got the same email tomisu (sp?) received. Guess that's my stage 1 approval? :)

how long have people been waiting for the stage 2 to go through? I can't seem to find the link to the list with everyone's info :)

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
RebeccaF said:
I also just got the same email tomisu (sp?) received. Guess that's my stage 1 approval? :)

how long have people been waiting for the stage 2 to go through? I can't seem to find the link to the list with everyone's info :)
If it says anything about, "Processing of your application has been completed," then that is stage one AND stage two approval (which is what Tomorisu just got). Otherwise, stage two approval has varied *wildly*. Some have received it just a few hours/days after stage one approval. Others have waited another 7 or 8 months.

Congrats on getting your letter from CIC! Hope it was AIP *and* DM, combined!

RebeccaF

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2012
AOR Received.
22-01-2013
QuebecOkie said:
If it says anything about, "Processing of your application has been completed," then that is stage one AND stage two approval (which is what Tomorisu just got). Otherwise, stage two approval has varied *wildly*. Some have received it just a few hours/days after stage one approval. Others have waited another 7 or 8 months.

Congrats on getting your letter from CIC! Hope it was AIP *and* DM, combined!
Thanks Quebec,

unfortunately it was only AIP.
"It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident

status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. However, a final

decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident

have been met."

Hopefully it won't take another 6-7 months for the second part. ;)

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
You can't get your hopes up *too* much, but a lot of DMs have come pretty quickly after AIP lately. Hoping you're one of them, and get good news soon!

Deedeedar

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Med's Request
28-10-2013
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
LANDED..........
30-04-2014
Finally today is my turn to received the AIP + An Open Work Permit!!!

My husband in law received email from CIC first and I received mine later...yey!!!!

Sponsor Approved: 28 Oct 2013
Open Work Permit Approved: 28 Oct 2013

3 other Thai friends of mine who applied PR inside Canada also received their AIP+ An Open Work Permit too!!!

Hope more people get more great news soon!!!

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
As I can't believe what happened to me, I checked my e-cas. And as you guys know, nothing has changed yet. Ahhhh.

@sounion
Thank you! Yes, QuebecOkie would have drunk instead of me! :p

@Spaz
Yes, you're right! Thanks!

@wortip
Thanks again!

@QuebecOkie
Merci beaucoup! ;) What did you drink? wine? beer? :p hahaha.

@Alurra71
I hope your day is coming soon!

@RebeccaF & Deedeedar
Congrats on your AIPs. I hope your DMs are soon!