20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Imim said:
Thanks. I landed today without any problems, just signed the papers and that's it. Congratulations and bye bye. With changing the SIN it took me 30 min. Thank you everyone for the help. Special thanks to Computergeek and Screech.! Cheers.
Congrats on landing and becoming a PR. Let us know when you get your PR card in the mail. We are still waiting on my wife's card. Going on 9 weeks now. If timeline for new PR card arrive on schedule, we should get it sometime next week.

Screech339

hazard

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
Hey screech. My application was never transferred to etobicoke. I think agents gave wrong information. It is still in Vancouver
What the agent told me today is that they are sharing information with etobicoke as part of work sharing to expedite the process.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
hazard said:
Hey screech. My application was never transferred to etobicoke. I think agents gave wrong information. It is still in Vancouver
What the agent told me today is that they are sharing information with etobicoke as part of work sharing to expedite the process.
Hey hazard.

At least you got some insight as to what's going on with your file. Sounds like nothing to worry about as it was "never" transferred to Etobicoke. This arrangement makes more sense. Vegreville still have possession of your file and issue DM status when ready.

Screech339

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
hn1234 said:
I understand the frustration and disappointment! Heck, I'm only hitting the 8 month mark and going insane. I really hope they stay true to the 10 month stage 1 timeline and you receive good news shortly!
Thanks! I hope so, too. But I've been working on staying busier, and the wait hasn't been *so* terrible lately, even as my heart jumps up in my throat when I check the mail, haha. This CAN'T take forever, and the days pass into weeks into months. And I'm doing my best to make some good memories in the meantime. The hubby and I went to Arbre-en-Arbre ("TreeGo" in the rest of Canada) yesterday, and we had a blast. Each night I lay down to sleep with him, I try to remember to appreciate it. Many aren't fortunate enough to be with the one they love.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
hazard said:
You said vegreville still have control. The file is in Vancouver. Last time they said medical pending.
Sorry I misread Vancouver for Vegreville. I still think that your file will be sent to Vegreville once your file is completed in Vancouver so that vegreville can issue DM to you before sending your file to Etobicoke.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
hazard said:
So why are they sharing information with etobicoke. Will they transfer file to them
I don't have all the answers as to why they are sharing information with Etobicoke office. Is Etobicoke the nearest local CIC office to you?

They will transfer your file to the nearest local office to your location once Vegreville issue you a DM.

Screech339

Kaela6

May 10, 2013
We received this in an email from a CIC agent regarding the same. You still need to apply to extend the work permit, but apply using paper method only, and write that you have applied for PR across the top:

Open Work Permit – Sponsorship of a Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada
If a spouse or common-law partner is sponsored from inside Canada, they can apply for an open work permit by completing an Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Worker (IMM 5553). This application must be sent before their status expires in the same envelope as the sponsorship application. This will allow them to keep a legal status in Canada up until the time their application for permanent residence is *approved in principle.
If their status expires before the application for permanent residence is approved in principle, they will still have a legal status in Canada. This is called implied status. Please note that the open work permit will only be issued once the application for permanent residence is approved in principle. Visit our Web site to see how long it may take to get approval in principle.
If the sponsored person did not send an open work permit application with their permanent residence application, they can send it, by mail, at any time while it is in process by writing Open Work Permit - Application for permanent residence in Canada - Spouse or common-law partner on the top of the form. They should also include proof that the permanent residence application was submitted. The open work permit application cannot be submitted online.
Please note that they must keep a legal status in Canada during the entire process of their application for permanent residence.
*Approved in principle means that the person being sponsored received a letter from the Case Processing Centre or local office stating that they meet the eligibility (minimum) requirements to apply for permanent resident status but that a final decision will not be made until all requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for the applicant and, if applicable, their family members.

canadianthrower

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2012
Interview........
12-02-2014
QuebecOkie said:
Thanks! I hope so, too. But I've been working on staying busier, and the wait hasn't been *so* terrible lately, even as my heart jumps up in my throat when I check the mail, haha. This CAN'T take forever, and the days pass into weeks into months. And I'm doing my best to make some good memories in the meantime. The hubby and I went to Arbre-en-Arbre ("TreeGo" in the rest of Canada) yesterday, and we had a blast. Each night I lay down to sleep with him, I try to remember to appreciate it. Many aren't fortunate enough to be with the one they love.
Very true. My husband and I are finally going on our anniversary trip this weekend (5 months after our anniversary). Thankful to have him beside me through everything.

de_to_ca

May 6, 2012
I have received my AIP and have recently applied ONLINE for OWP. Did I do it wrong. Could somebody share his/her experience of applying online for OWP after AIP.

My work permit is expiring on Sep 15, 2013. Will I have an Implied Status if I have my PR application in process.

I appreciate your help. Thanks!!

Kaela6 said:
We received this in an email from a CIC agent regarding the same. You still need to apply to extend the work permit, but apply using paper method only, and write that you have applied for PR across the top:

Open Work Permit – Sponsorship of a Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada
If a spouse or common-law partner is sponsored from inside Canada, they can apply for an open work permit by completing an Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Worker (IMM 5553). This application must be sent before their status expires in the same envelope as the sponsorship application. This will allow them to keep a legal status in Canada up until the time their application for permanent residence is *approved in principle.
If their status expires before the application for permanent residence is approved in principle, they will still have a legal status in Canada. This is called implied status. Please note that the open work permit will only be issued once the application for permanent residence is approved in principle. Visit our Web site to see how long it may take to get approval in principle.
If the sponsored person did not send an open work permit application with their permanent residence application, they can send it, by mail, at any time while it is in process by writing Open Work Permit - Application for permanent residence in Canada - Spouse or common-law partner on the top of the form. They should also include proof that the permanent residence application was submitted. The open work permit application cannot be submitted online.
Please note that they must keep a legal status in Canada during the entire process of their application for permanent residence.
*Approved in principle means that the person being sponsored received a letter from the Case Processing Centre or local office stating that they meet the eligibility (minimum) requirements to apply for permanent resident status but that a final decision will not be made until all requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for the applicant and, if applicable, their family members.

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
de_to_ca said:
I have received my AIP and have recently applied ONLINE for OWP. Did I do it wrong. Could somebody share his/her experience of applying online for OWP after AIP.

My work permit is expiring on Sep 15, 2013. Will I have an Implied Status if I have my PR application in process.

I appreciate your help. Thanks!!

Yes,you have implied status until you receive your new work permit!

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
Mrembo said:
By the way your name reminds me of / sounds like Rambo.

Danteryu

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
London, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2012
AOR Received.
15-09-2012
Med's Done....
07-05-2012
LANDED..........
20-09-2013
screech339 said:
Congrats Danteryu on getting your landing letter. It is unusual for the letter to provide proof of income as it is the first I have heard since I joined the forum. The only reason I can see this happening is if the sponsor didn't provide proof of income with the application. Did the sponsor submit Option C printouts, along with all income slips, T4's and the like? If he/she did not submit it, then I can see this happening. Proof of income is not irrelevant per say for spousal sponsorship. The sponsor does need to provide proof of income, regardless of how much, the sponsor could be on minimum wage or making 6 figures. Reason being is that they want to make sure that the sponsor has the means to support you, make sure you will not resort to government assistance, ie: welfare. The only time income become relevant is the level of income when it comes to sponsoring people outside the spouse/dependents, such as sponsoring parents/grandparents/brothers/sisters if they are under 18.

I have you updated on the timesheet. Your end is soon coming to an end. Good luck.

Screech339
My partner did supply her T4 AND Option C with the application. I thought it seemed weird too, but we will bring paystubs, T4s, etc. when we go, just in case.
It seems weird, but do you think I'll still be okay?

Thanks!

de_to_ca

May 6, 2012
Thanks!! But can I apply for OWP ONLINE after receiving my AIP? Did someone apply online for OWP, with In-Canada spouse class PR application.

Mrembo said: