+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

Jeff25

Feb 1, 2012
Hi everyone, just want to share my case. I am currently waiting for my spouse inland application
And i have read the confusion most of us have about when to submit the application for OWP.
I have consulted more than 3 immigration lawyer and they are all saying 1 thing. "submit the application
For OWP after you have been approve 1st stage which has 11-12 mos. wait time". In my case, i submitted
My PR application last april 2011 and still waiting for the first stage approval. We dont have a choice but
To have patience and wait. All this time i have done nothing, cant study, work or even volunteer coz they'll
Ask you to go and have a background clearance from the police which is impossible for out of status peraon like me before you can volunteer. Im just sharing my thoughts and experience.

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jeff25 said:
Hi everyone, just want to share my case. I am currently waiting for my spouse inland application
And i have read the confusion most of us have about when to submit the application for OWP.
I have consulted more than 3 immigration lawyer and they are all saying 1 thing. "submit the application
For OWP after you have been approve 1st stage which has 11-12 mos. wait time". In my case, i submitted
My PR application last april 2011 and still waiting for the first stage approval. We dont have a choice but
To have patience and wait. All this time i have done nothing, cant study, work or even volunteer coz they'll
Ask you to go and have a background clearance from the police which is impossible for out of status peraon like me before you can volunteer. Im just sharing my thoughts and experience.
As a matter of fact ,i submitted my PR+OWP applications together and i got the AIP ,i had the owp and aip in the mail same day......until u get your owp there nothing you can do rather then keep praying.......good luck

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jeff25 said:
Do you still have your status here in canada while waiting for your PR and OWP application?
when got my aip..they gave me 2 yrs owp and waiting for the second stage.

Jeff25

Feb 1, 2012
I meant, while u were waiting for the 1st approval, before you got your work permit. how long did u wait and do you still have your status then?

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jeff25 said:
I meant, while u were waiting for the 1st approval, before you got your work permit. how long did u wait and do you still have your status then?
i waited for 10 months 19 days for aip and its depends on each case one present.

Besunshine

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
My husband has a OWP after graduating from university in Canada. So it would be best and make full use of his status he has now and sponsor him inland correct? His OWP expires July 2013.

Also, if I'm sponsoring him inland and submit a new OWP application and his current OWP expires before the sponsorhip is approved,he would have implied status, based on the fact that we would've submitted another OWP application together with the sponsorship application correct?

leo_liu

Nov 16, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2010
Med's Done....
01-11-2010
Interview........
21-02-2012
LANDED..........
21-02-2012
tozo said:
i waited for 10 months 19 days for aip
TOZO, surprise to see our sent in date are really close to each other....

i sent in Dec 01 2010, and i got my AIP on Oct 25the 2011, yesterday i got my landing interview notice letter in the mail for Feb 21, 2012. i think you should get yours soon. good luck!

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
leo_liu said:
TOZO, surprise to see our sent in date are really close to each other....

i sent in Dec 01 2010, and i got my AIP on Oct 25the 2011, yesterday i got my landing interview notice letter in the mail for Feb 21, 2012. i think you should get yours soon. good luck!
congratulations......i hope to get it done very soon,am still waiting

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Besunshine said:
My husband has a OWP after graduating from university in Canada. So it would be best and make full use of his status he has now and sponsor him inland correct? His OWP expires July 2013.

Also, if I'm sponsoring him inland and submit a new OWP application and his current OWP expires before the sponsorhip is approved,he would have implied status, based on the fact that we would've submitted another OWP application together with the sponsorship application correct?
well infact in you case , you submit the pr application and wait for the aip before you submit owp because his owp expire july 2013 and its be like you are going to waste 150$ now bcos the owp will be process together with pr application.....the current processing time is 11-12 months and as time goes on its even comes down to even 9-10 months depending on the IO ....so my advice to is put in the pr application as soon as possible since he has status till 2013 july....good luck

TU160

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
I got it from CIC:

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting the Call Centre. I am pleased to provide you with the requested information:

If a spouse or common-law partner is sponsored from inside Canada, they can apply for an open work permit by completing an Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Worker (IMM 5553). This application must be sent before their status expires in the same envelope as the sponsorship application. This will allow them to keep a legal status in Canada up until the time their application for permanent residence is *approved in principle. If their status expires before the application for permanent residence is approved in principle, they will still have a legal status in Canada. This is called implied status. Please note that the open work permit will only be issued once the application for permanent residence is approved in principle. Visit our Web site to see how long it may take to get approval in principle.

If the person being sponsored does not send both applications at the same time, they will have to wait until they get a letter stating that their permanent residence application has been approved in principle before they can submit an open work permit application. They must also make sure they maintain a legal status in Canada; their status might have to be extended more than once.

*Approved in principle means that the person being sponsored received a letter from the Case Processing Centre or local office stating that they meet the eligibility (minimum) requirements to apply for permanent resident status but that a final decision will not be made until all requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for the applicant and, if applicable, their family members.

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Besunshine said:
So does it mean he will have implied status starting July 2013 until he gets aip?
Yes ,he will be on implied status.....looking at time his owp expires he can get aip even before july 2013....willl advice that sent in the pr application now..........good luck.

CheshireCats

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Sarnia Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2013 & 03-06-2016
Well, just got delivery confirmation that my husbands application was received today in Vegreville :)
It is such a relief to know it is there, however...at the same time it is a bummer knowing the 11-12 months only starts today!!

Am I the only one that wishes that I had the application back to take another look at and try to make things better on it?? I only found this forum days before I actually mailed the envelope off and wish I had found it so much sooner. I am so scared that I am going to find out I did everything all wrong!!

Oh well it is what it is, and it is there...so now I can go on with life and just sit back and wait for 2013 ??? I've never wanted to see a year go by so fast as I do with this year!!

Nov 16, 2011
Hello Everyone,

It seems that we all have the same situation here. I submitted my PR application on Dec. 01, 2011 and according to canada post they recieved it on Dec. 05, 2011. I was confused that time so I didnt include my OWP application because I am still waiting for my new LMO for my new job and my work permit already expired on Dec. 14, 2011. Can I still submit an application for work permit once I got my LMO? should I put on the work permit application that I have a PR application on process? I really need your help guys what should I do ? I really dont want to stay home for a year not working and just waiting for AIP.. Hoping to hear more reply.. thanks and goodluck to all of us here....