+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

TU160

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
CheshireCats said:
Ok thanks :)

I guess considering we have a lot of waiting to do that we'll just sit back, cross our fingers and be as positive as we can.
My husband is going stir crazy not being able to do anything but I'll keep up with the 'honey-do-lists' and keep his mind off things as much as possible 8) We have someone that wants to offer him a job, and he is going to Service Canada to look into the LMO possibility as well, hopefully we'll have our TRP within the next month and a half!!

The 'Men in Black' are pretty cool dudes, and extremely informative...much more than the reps at the CIC...when we call there we get different answers everytime!

So, happy waiting to everyone :D
I understad him... the same boat. It drives me mad :mad: but I'm still alive ;D
Well, if he has an offer it takes 1-3 moths as I was told.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp
Hey... it's faster now :D
Another posibble scenario is you could pass through the level 1 faster. Some guys got their AIP in 4-5 months last year.
Keep your fingers crossed and be positive ;)

c_farah

Jan 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2013
AOR Received.
16-02-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
16-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2013
LANDED..........
07-10-2013
scylla said:
You can also sponsor someone if you are common law (i.e. have lived together for a minimum of one full year). You don't have to be married.
Oh, that's right
I forgot about that one - thanks!

I always skip it because it's not an option for me :(

caregirl747

Jan 25, 2012
What does approval on principle mean????

Office:Vegreville,AB
App Received:Jan.16,2012
started processing:
AIP :
Decision:?
landing office:?
landing date:?
PR card Arrival:?

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
caregirl747 said:
What does approval on principle mean????

Office:Vegreville,AB
App Received:Jan.16,2012
started processing:
AIP :
Decision:?
landing office:?
landing date:?
PR card Arrival:?
Approval in principle means you have approved after the first stage assessment .........with inland sponsorship there are 2 stages of application process. the first stage is where there is Assessment of sponsor and person being sponsored by the IO and you satisfy the requirement your Ecas is updated to a decision has been made and you will be contacted but status is still in process.....THIS IS THE AIP and this follows with the second stage assessment and this mainly Medical, security, background checks and other verifications for person being sponsored and your ecas status changes to DECISION MADE and its will states that we send you a letter about the decision........... but you can also be granted both stages at once and all will depends on the IO and if all document submitted at the beginning of the application.....welcome to the thread ;D ;D ;D

yankanuck

Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
C_farah, yes as Scylla said I am sponsoring through common law. Good luck everyone!!!!

sarakhans

Star Member
Jan 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
AOR Received.
08-08-2012
File Transfer...
(AIP) 11-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-03-2012
LANDED..........
(DM) 15-04-2013
Hey me and my hubby are in Canada, and we have been married for almost two years. We had our baby inPakistan where we got married and lived for about a year n a half.

Now, My husband is in Canada on TRV. Can we apply inland because he wants to stay here with me now? Me and my baby both have Canadian passports. Will the process take long? Outland through Pakistan is taking 28 months approx... Long time to live apart... Please share on our situation..

TU160

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
sarakhans said:
Hey me and my hubby are in Canada, and we have been married for almost two years. We had our baby inPakistan where we got married and lived for about a year n a half.

Now, My husband is in Canada on TRV. Can we apply inland because he wants to stay here with me now? Me and my baby both have Canadian passports. Will the process take long? Outland through Pakistan is taking 28 months approx... Long time to live apart... Please share on our situation..
Yes, you can. It takes 11-12 months for the 1st step and 8 months for the 2nd one.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

pearl75

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everybody.

Please count me in for inland applications 2012. Not yet submitted but we will in 2- 3 days. I have read on inland application 2011 that majority of the results received in 12 months. It is very long. I can't imagine me stuck in here for a year without seing my family:(

My husband says it won't take that long as we are married in Canada. Is it true? If you marry in Canada the processing time will be shorter? We hired a lawyer probably he heard it from him.

Oh by the way, good luck to everyone. I hope we all will receive our PR's very soon.

Pearl75

CheshireCats

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Sarnia Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2013 & 03-06-2016
Hi Pearl,

From everything that I have read unfortunately NOTHING is going to speed up an inland PR application.
From what I gather, once our applications get to Vegreville, they just sit there until the officials get to them.

My husband and I are also applying inland, we just mailed our application off today ;D

I have heard of people applying outland while being in Canada...not really sure how that works, but if you have a lawyer you might want to go talk to him about what you can do to go home for a visit.
Hope it works out for you!!!

Maybe your family can come visit you here in Canada :)

pearl75

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Cheshire. He said when we send off our documents the officials check whether the marriage is legit and not marriage of convenience. In our case it will be very easy to check since the marriage took place here in Canada and it shouldn't take time for them to check on our marriage. Thats what he meant. Well I hope it is true:)

I haven't heard about people applying outland while they are in Canada. Is it really possible? If we have this option I might apply outland and this would give me the option to go and visit family.

Oh I have another question. If I apply for work permit, can I leave the country and come back? As you may have understood I just want to be able to go and see my family. I have already started to feel homesick ???

Thank you all.
Pearl

CheshireCats

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Sarnia Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2013 & 03-06-2016
I knew I had read something the other day, so I went and found it for you...it was posted elsewhere in another thread and hope it helps...:)

So you are in the situation that you want to sponsor your foreign spouse for permanent residency of Canada and don't know where to start. Here are some tips:

Married, common law or conjugal partners

First you need to pick an application class. There are three of them: married, common-law and conjugal. For all of them, you need to prove the genuineity of your relationship. For common-law, you need to prove that you have lived together for 12 months or longer. For conjugal, you need to prove that you have combined your affairs as much as possible but there are real immigration barriers or other barriers preventing you from living together or getting married. Conjugal is the hardest to prove. For example, if your partner could get a visit visa to come to Canada for 6 months and then apply for an extension to get the full year, even though they will not be allowed to work, that is not considered an immigration barrier. An immigration barrier is if your partner tries to get a visit visa to come to Canada and is repeatedly refused. Some people have had luck with the conjugal class but try to avoid it if possible.

Outland or inland?

Now you need to decide if to apply outland or inland. If your spouse is not in Canada and can not get a visa to go to Canada, you must apply outland. That means that you will send your application to Mississauga and they will approve you as a sponsor. The time that takes is usually 1-2 months to but current processing times can be seen here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#sponsorship After that, the application is forwarded to your local visa office. If your spouse is residing in a country other than the country of their nationality, you can pick which of the two visa offices you want. Otherwise it will be processed in their country of nationality. You can see the processing times here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp

If your spouse is staying in Canada as a visitor or on some other visa, you can pick whether you want to apply outland or inland. Outland is generally faster and has appeal rights but a downside to outland is that if an interview is required, your spouse will have to travel to the visa office in the country where it's being processed. Inland has the downside that it's generally not advised that your spouse travels while you are waiting for your processing because it is a requirement of inland that they reside in Canada and if they are denied entry at the border for some reason, your application is gone. If an interview is required for inland, you may also have to wait a long time for it. The inland application would be sent to Vegreville and if all goes well, you would get a first stage approval, usually in 6 to 8 months. The current processing times can be seen here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#perm_res Then the file is forwarded to your local CIC office where you live and they will contact you for a landing appointment. Getting the PR with inland usually takes 12-18 months. If an interview is required for inland, Vegreville will not give first stage approval but instead will forward the application to the local CIC office without it and you will have to wait for them to have time for your interview. In some cases that can take a year or two. If you do get the first stage approval, your spouse will usually be eligible for health care and an open work permit. It is actually a good idea when applying inland to send an application form for a visit visa extension as well as the open work permit to be given at first stage approval all in one package so it's tied together.

Which method to pick depends on your situation. If your spouses country of nationality has a long processing time or your spouse does not want to have to travel there for a possible interview, then inland is the way to go. For faster processing and freedom of travel during the processing time, outland would be better. You can find the application forms for inland at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp and the application forms for outland at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

Avoiding potential problems with your application

The most common reason for people to be called for an interview is that the visa officer has doubts about the relationship being genuine. It is up to you to send immigration some quality data, emails, chat logs, phone records, photos, letters and other material to prove to them that your relationship is the real thing. Other reasons you might have problems with is eligibility of the sponsor. The sponsor can not be on social assistance, can not be bankrupt and can not have a record of violent crimes or crimes against family members. If that is the case, better talk to a lawyer and get that cleared up before attempting to apply.

Dependent children

If your spouse has dependent children, they must be included in the PR application, even if they are not coming to Canada. They will need to have medicals as well to keep the option open to sponsor them later. The only way that immigration will accept the application without those medicals is if the children are no longer minors and refuse to have it or if the children are in the full custody of their other parent who refuses to make them available for medicals. In that case, your spouse needs to sign a statement stating that they know that they will never be able to sponsor these children to Canada in the future.

Dependent children are classified as single and either under 22 years of age or if they are older, they must have been full time students since before age 22 or dependent on their parent due to a disability or medical problem.

Refusals due to income and medicals

You will be asked to provide information about your income but you will not be denied to sponsor your spouse and dependent children because you do not make enough money. It is possible though that if you make absolutely no money at all that immigration may ask you how you plan to support yourselves.

Spouses and dependent children are also exempt from the clause about excessive demand on health care so you do not have to worry about them being refused for that reason.

Sponsoring your spouse while living in another country

If you are a Canadian citizen, you can sponsor your spouse without being in Canada but you do then have to prove that you are planning on moving to Canada when your spouse gets approved for permanent residency. Such proof can include having arranged jobs, being accepted to college, having arranged housing or letters from friends & relatives stating that they know of your plans and that you can stay with them while you look for housing etc.

If you are a PR, you must reside in Canada in order to sponsor your spouse. You can chance short vacations (remember that a Canadian vacation is generally no longer than 2 weeks) but if immigration finds out that you are not in Canada, you risk getting your application refused.

jbel

Aug 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th Jan 2012
ok i sent out on the 22nd dec 2011 and fedex told me they got it on 5th jan. :eek: probably the holidays.

ok i am growing spider webs all over by waiting for AIP.

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pearl75 said:
Hello everybody.

Please count me in for inland applications 2012. Not yet submitted but we will in 2- 3 days. I have read on inland application 2011 that majority of the results received in 12 months. It is very long. I can't imagine me stuck in here for a year without seing my family:(

My husband says it won't take that long as we are married in Canada. Is it true? If you marry in Canada the processing time will be shorter? We hired a lawyer probably he heard it from him.

Oh by the way, good luck to everyone. I hope we all will receive our PR's very soon.

Pearl75
Pearl75,.....welcome to the thread,to apply inland you suppose to be residing in canada for the duration of you application process.currently cic is processing application received on jan 21,2011 and the wait time for aip is about 11-12months.....you can apply for owp together with your application and tell them to process it after aip.....all applications submitted inland are married or common law partner in -canada class and not outland.outland are process by visa offices outside canada.....if you are from visa exempt country you can go visit and be back but its will depend on the IO at the airport to allow you in .....good luck

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jbel said:
ok i sent out on the 22nd dec 2011 and fedex told me they got it on 5th jan. :eek: probably the holidays.

ok i am growing spider webs all over by waiting for AIP.
Jbel,WELOCME TO THE THREAD THE WAITING FOR YOU HAS JUST BEGAN....GOOD LUCK.AFTER 2-3MONTH YOU CAN CHECK YOUR APPLICATION STATUS FROM THE ECAS USING YOU CLIENT ID..........GOOD LUCK ;D

Jeff25

Feb 1, 2012
Sponsor inland (spouse w/expired visitor's visa)

Hi everyone, I would gladly appreciate your thoughts or suggestions on my case.

I came here in canada last May 2009 under a tourist visa to visit my dad's relatives.
After 4 months, i met an old man who wants to sponsor me as his caregiver because
He found out that i am a registered nurse in our country. I then apply for a work permit
As a caregiver and later on was refused. I have stayed here for 10months since i was
Waiting for a response from my application. During my stay here i met a woman 14yrs
Older than me. Since then we have been dating and when she found out that my application
For work permit was refused, she offered me to marry her since we both do not want to be
Apart from each other. She's already divorce and have a daughter whom she is sponsoring at that
Time. We waited for her daughter to get here before i submitted my application for permanent
Resident. I can say that our marriage is genuine eventhough we have a 14yrs age gap, i submitted
My application last april 2011 and still waiting. Hopefully i get approved because i want to help
My wife financially because she has been working so hard to support me and her daugther plus we are planning to have a baby when i get my work permit. (she's not on welfare)

I would like to know your opinion on my chances of getting approve as a permanent residence.
Thank you guys in advance for the response.