pearl75

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for the info. CheshireCats :)

Tozo, thank you very much for your response. To be honest, I don't care how long it takes them to process my application as long as I can go out and come back.

My husband is meeting with our lawyer right now and I just emailed him regarding open work permit. My question is, if I apply for open work permit will I be able to leave the country and come back? Since I'll be on open work permit? And also how long does it take to receive the permit?

Thank you very much.
Pearl

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pearl75 said:
Thank you for the info. CheshireCats :)

Tozo, thank you very much for your response. To be honest, I don't care how long it takes them to process my application as long as I can go out and come back.

My husband is meeting with our lawyer right now and I just emailed him regarding open work permit. My question is, if I apply for open work permit will I be able to leave the country and come back? Since I'll be on open work permit? And also how long does it take to receive the permit?

Thank you very much.
Pearl
i dont know the kind status you are on here right now....if you are on visitors visa or from visa exempt country,you cannot work for until you receive AIP(APPROVAL IN PRINCIPLE), currently its 11-12 months before you are issue OWP that is if you apply OWP together with PR application....hope this helps u

pearl75

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tozo, I'm a little confused now. The lawyer told my husband that I can not apply for open work permit until I receive first approval. I assume he is talking about AIP. He also said that he needs the reference number on that approval to apply for OWP for me. Therefore, we can not apply for my PR and OWP together.

He also said that even if I apply for OWP it won't make any difference as I still have to be in the country and can not travel until I receive my PR:( I find this very mean, we should be able to go and come back if we want to. What difference does it make for them to keep us here?

They want people to come here and work but we can't unless we apply for work permit. I think in the long run they are losing. They should allow people who applied for PR to work without applying for work permit seperately. If we work then we will be able to pay taxes, which is more then the amount they are getting from work permit applications.

We will be sending my application tomorrow so 2nd of February is the day :)

Again good luck to everyone. Waiting game has started and it sucks!

Pearl

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pearl75 said:
Tozo, I'm a little confused now. The lawyer told my husband that I can not apply for open work permit until I receive first approval. I assume he is talking about AIP. He also said that he needs the reference number on that approval to apply for OWP for me. Therefore, we can not apply for my PR and OWP together.

He also said that even if I apply for OWP it won't make any difference as I still have to be in the country and can not travel until I receive my PR:( I find this very mean, we should be able to go and come back if we want to. What difference does it make for them to keep us here?

They want people to come here and work but we can't unless we apply for work permit. I think in the long run they are losing. They should allow people who applied for PR to work without applying for work permit seperately. If we work then we will be able to pay taxes, which is more then the amount they are getting from work permit applications.

We will be sending my application tomorrow so 2nd of February is the day :)

Again good luck to everyone. Waiting game has started and it sucks!

Pearl
Well I think your lawyer is wrong ,you can apply your owp with the PR at the same time .that you receive the aip and owp same time when you get approval......if you dont send both and u get aip then u have apply for owp after aip and time wasting......my
advice is that apply for both and write a note attached to the owp application that process after AIP and you will get both letters in the mail when you get approval.you will given references number as soon as they start processing your application whats is he talking about....hmmm this lawyers,thats what we call client ID...good luck

pearl75

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He insisted that it is not possible as he needs to get the number so that he can put that number on to owp application. Hence it is not possible(according to him) to apply for owp at this time but he can appply after he gets the aip. I really don't knw obviously my husband believes he is right I'm wrong. After all he is the lawyer I'm not. To be honest, if it was me I would apply myself, I always did in the past and always got my visas with no problem. I don't need a lawyer. Anyway, damage has been done.

Today husband is sending the application so wish me luck everybody :)

Thank you.
Pearl

TU160

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
pearl75 said:
He insisted that it is not possible as he needs to get the number so that he can put that number on to owp application. Hence it is not possible(according to him) to apply for owp at this time but he can appply after he gets the aip. I really don't knw obviously my husband believes he is right I'm wrong. After all he is the lawyer I'm not. To be honest, if it was me I would apply myself, I always did in the past and always got my visas with no problem. I don't need a lawyer. Anyway, damage has been done.

Today husband is sending the application so wish me luck everybody :)

Thank you.
Pearl
It's possible I did it. If you read many people applied for owp together with PR.

pearl75

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TU160, my word against lawyer :( I'm annoyed right now as I need to wait now to get the number first then apply. I'm wasting time and thats because our " i know it all lawyer" And worst my husband doesn't believe me cause I'm not a lawyer:) :(

Well the good thing is owp doesn't take much time to come. I think 15 days if we apply online. And of course god knows how long i need to wait until they approve my application first :(

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pearl75 said:
TU160, my word against lawyer :( I'm annoyed right now as I need to wait now to get the number first then apply. I'm wasting time and thats because our " i know it all lawyer" And worst my husband doesn't believe me cause I'm not a lawyer:) :(

Well the good thing is owp doesn't take much time to come. I think 15 days if we apply online. And of course god knows how long i need to wait until they approve my application first :(

Pearl75,well this is why the forum is all about helping each other in this immigration journey ....i apply both the Pr +owp and when i got approved ,i had both letters in the mail....some times the back log is huge that you have to wait up to 60 days or more and they will tell you we are processing aplication received on xxxxxxx to get your owp and its depends on the time you also apply for it,...as at now its 17 days as the processing time so u never know its will jump up again .......that number is call client ID which is 8 digit xxxx-xxxx for everyone.as soon as cic start working on you file they assign you a client ID NUMBER so whats is the lawyer talking about here .well you have to wait for about 11-12months for the AIP ,that is currently the time line for first stage .....stay positive and good luck 8) 8)

jbel

Aug 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th Jan 2012
tozo said:
Jbel,WELOCME TO THE THREAD THE WAITING FOR YOU HAS JUST BEGAN....GOOD LUCK.AFTER 2-3MONTH YOU CAN CHECK YOUR APPLICATION STATUS FROM THE ECAS USING YOU CLIENT ID..........GOOD LUCK ;D
thank you. my neck will get longer the day comes. until today i still don't know my client ID. one question, do you think its possible to have a student permit and OWP at the same time?

jbel

Aug 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th Jan 2012
tozo said:
Pearl75,well this is why the forum is all about helping each other in this immigration journey ....i apply both the Pr +owp and when i got approved ,i had both letters in the mail....some times the back log is huge that you have to wait up to 60 days or more and they will tell you we are processing aplication received on xxxxxxx to get your owp and its depends on the time you also apply for it,...as at now its 17 days as the processing time so u never know its will jump up again .......that number is call client ID which is 8 digit xxxx-xxxx for everyone.as soon as cic start working on you file they assign you a client ID NUMBER so whats is the lawyer talking about here .well you have to wait for about 11-12months for the AIP ,that is currently the time line for first stage .....stay positive and good luck 8) 8)
Does it means if we sent the OWP form and the PR, we get the OWP first in perhaps 60days? have i misread something? because i always thought OWP and PR comes together after 11-12months?

what if now i have a letter of offer from school, can i apply student permit ? i have submitted my OWP and PR already.

pearl75

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tozo, what are you saying?:) Please don't scare me. Are you telling me it will take 11-12 month for me to receive AIP then apply for owp and the god knows when I will receive PR?

Oh boy. I didn't think this was coming. I've been told it will take up to 10 months if not earlier to receive my PR. Can the government not get more immigration officers to reduce the back log? Can we complain or do something so the processing will be a bit quicker? This is against human rights to see families, relatives etc.

Maybe I should study to become a lawyer:)

tozo said:

CheshireCats

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Sarnia Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2013 & 03-06-2016
Pearl75...are you out of status right now? My husband is out of status, therefore we have no choice but to play the waiting game because he is applying inland. He could have went home to Australia to apply there, would have been so much quicker, but so much harder on us all!! We have a 12 year old boy here that would have a real difficult time with that!!

Unfortunately, it is 11-12 months before you get AIP...I was told by call centre reps to attach the work permit application along with the PR so that everything gets tied together, but we have spent so much money on all these other things we've had to apply for, we figured what the heck...another 2 months after AIP isn't much. It's been 4 years since my husband has been back to see his family :( Thank goodness there has been no emergencies.

We're in the waiting game with you, so stay positive and have your family download Skype if you haven't already, I guess that's the 'next best thing'...

Also...you do know that you can get free advice from lawyers on the phone...why not try asking your husband to call another one to just quickly ask about this, so that he finally believes you! 8)

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jbel said:
Does it means if we sent the OWP form and the PR, we get the OWP first in perhaps 60days? have i misread something? because i always thought OWP and PR comes together after 11-12months?

what if now i have a letter of offer from school, can i apply student permit ? i have submitted my OWP and PR already.
Jbel,when you send in your PR+ OWP and you get first stage approval (AIP) ,then you will receive both the OWP and AIP letter and its will advice you to apply for study permit if you wish to study and have an offer from a school....as its stands now you cannot apply for study permit until you have AIP.the currently processing time from cic website is 11-12months and they are processing application received on January 21,2011 and its usually updated on wednesdays.
PR and OWP does not come together but if you get approved for both stages you wait for your local office to write you for a landing interview and you wait 8 weeks for you PR card.....hope this helps you..good luck.

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pearl75 said:
Tozo, what are you saying?:) Please don't scare me. Are you telling me it will take 11-12 month for me to receive AIP then apply for owp and the god knows when I will receive PR?

Oh boy. I didn't think this was coming. I've been told it will take up to 10 months if not earlier to receive my PR. Can the government not get more immigration officers to reduce the back log? Can we complain or do something so the processing will be a bit quicker? This is against human rights to see families, relatives etc.

Maybe I should study to become a lawyer:)
pearl75, this a link for you to be checking processing times every Wednesday.......http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

jbel

Aug 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th Jan 2012
maybe we should have a thread for activities for people who have to wait for 11-12 months.

really wonder what people are doing these months. i know some people volunteers, volunteers as? i saw some actually study, and i wonder what since we can't study or work.