16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
shantese said:
has anyone ever had their inland application refused at second stage just checking am so tired of waiting
I haven't read of anyone here being refused at second stage. It would be very unusual (I would say).

Also I want to believe that doesn't happend 'cause I'm waiting for mine (second stage approval) for 5 months now.

tplink1357

Aug 19, 2011
I found my credit card deducted by Quebec immigration office to issue CSQ. Does that mean I can get the CSQ next week?
I waited for more than one year and hope to finish this ASAP...

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello guys, here we go again .....we are starting another week and its my hope that CIC will move faster .hope to hear lots of good news from the house and a big jump as well.blessings and good luck to all who are waiting. 8)

SMA.DE

Jun 19, 2011
Love_Young said:
I am fairly confident that you sponsoring your child doesn't disqualify you but I would ask another member in case, rjessome. She would be better informed on that part. As it says, you only need to meet the minimum income if you are sponsoring a spouse/partner. And I think you are getting confused on the dependent child part. This is what it actually says: "This requirement applies only when dependent children who have dependent children of their own are included on the application."

Again, there is NO minimum income requirement. My husband and I are quite young (21), still living with his parents, and he worked a minimum wage job making only about $21,000 a year BEFORE taxes and he was approved as a sponsor. He even needed to be on EI sick benefits during the end of the process before we got an answer and he still got approved. So trust me, you don't need to worry so much on the financial aspect of it. You will be good to go. We would be so lucky to even have the amount you have but we don't. There are even those with school loans, no income, etc that are still getting approved. They do like to see support but would rather see that you are in a genuine relationship and that the applicant can also help themselves if they are approved but even the latter isn't top priority either here. And they want to make sure you aren't receiving social assistance (other than disability) or are bankrupt. You'll be fine. ;)
thank you L_Y, your words always make me feel relief. By the way, will getting child care subsidy be considered as social assistance?

fleurette

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Med's Done....
07-10-2010
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
Hey guys!

I want to share my landing experience at CIC Etobicoke on last Thursday!
We arrive at the office shortly after 7:45am and we were the first couple for landing there. That's why the Immigration officer invited us to the counter to verify our documents ahead of everybody else.
I even noticed that CIC Etobicoke invited 5-6 people for landing per hour. That's why we have not encountered a large crowd in the office.

The nice guy behind the counter was very friendly and I really enjoy the last step of immigration because of his professional attitude. The whole procedure for documents checking took about 10 minutes. I singed the confirmation of permanent resident, got the stamp in my passport and heard the magic phrase “Welcome to Canada!”

After that Service Canada Representative invited us to the second counter and produced the permanent SIN number right on the spot! She also gave me a letter that my SIN card will be sent to me by mail within 10 business days. That was the most excited part of the landing for me! Now I am a permanent resident and can work, study and be a productive member of Canadian society!!!

Some landing tips for other applicants:
- CORP: make sure that you bring you receipt of Right of Permanent Resident Fee if you had already paid to CPC-Vegreville online. The receipt number will be requested before CORP is granted.
- PR card: don't order original PR card application forms online as we did. Save your time, CIC will order your first PR card by themselves. You don't need to fill out any forms.
- SIN number: don't fill out the SIN application form; you will not need it, because Service Canada Representative produces SIN number right on the computer using the documents from Immigration officer. I even did not sign any form to get my SIN number.
- OHIP: you can receive Ontario OHIP just after three months after getting of second stage approval. Make sure to bring your original letter from CPC-V to the Service Canada Center.
- Citizenship: you can count half of your days lived in Canada before getting PR towards to Citizenship Residency mandatory requirements.

My immigration process has been completed this week, and I wish best of luck to all other applicants who patiently waiting in line to be processed. Your time will come soon!

Love_Young said:
CONGRATULATIONS TO FLEURETTE ON YOUR LANDING TODAY!

"Welcome to Canada" and I hope you have a lovely day.
Please let us know how everything goes. :D
Love_Young, thank you so much for the congratulations!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
I just want to agree with everyone. Keeping busy with things really helped me through this process and my hubby helped a lot. Bless him.
Thanks for the encouraging words to me and hope that I can help your spirits at least a little too. I am here for you, we all are.

SMA.DE said:
thank you L_Y, your words always make me feel relief. By the way, will getting child care subsidy be considered as social assistance?
You're most welcome and it is so nice to hear that. ;D
No, getting child care subsidy does not count as social assistance.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Great landing story fleurette. Thank you for sharing. It is amazing how even from office to office the process can be different.
I was the only one to land the day I did here or I was the only one there. It took me like 40 minutes to be done with but they don't get many opportunities to do it. They didn't put a stamp in my passport (kind of wish they did for sentimental reasons to show future children) and I couldn't get a SIN at mine. I wasn't told "Welcome to Canada" but instead she came back through the door, shook my hand and said "Congratulations you are now a Permanent Resident" which was just as great because I wasn't expecting anything.

You gave great tips and I can see it helping others landing there. :)
My piece of advice would be to bring something to holder papers in to bring with you and to put in with you.
It really helped me to carry a folder with me that day. And the COPR is a fragile paper so guard it well.

CONGRATULATIONS again fleurette. I hope you enjoy your new life in Canada with your family. Its a whole new world out there. :D

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
tplink1357 said:
I found my credit card deducted by Quebec immigration office to issue CSQ. Does that mean I can get the CSQ next week?
I waited for more than one year and hope to finish this ASAP...
calculate maximum 3 weeks to receive your CSQ in the mail, minimum 2 weeks from the date they charged your credit card. Good luck!

tplink1357

Aug 19, 2011
Inlandappl said:
calculate maximum 3 weeks to receive your CSQ in the mail, minimum 2 weeks from the date they charged your credit card. Good luck!
and I think after receiving CSQ,it takes about 1-2weeks to get AIP?

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello Inlander friends,
Love_Young.............
Cutieshashie CEC Inlandapp
Puzzled Theresa_Lynn Tuggie
Santacruzan
Not Yet any sign of second stage approval, I finish my 5 months after receiving OWP & AIP on 6th April 2011
Here is my timeline :

We received your application for permanent residence on June 16, 2010.

We started processing your application on August 26, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on March 10, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We received the requested information on August 8, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

sa_ja

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2010
Med's Request
15-09-2012
Med's Done....
25-09-2012
Interview........
-
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
tplink1357 said:
That is what I thought as well , but my boyfriend received his CSQ on aug 3rd and no sign of AIP yet.... CIC told me that it goes with thwir delay so 10-11 months...so we apparently still have to wait..!

What is your timeline?

tplink1357

Aug 19, 2011
sa_ja said:
That is what I thought as well , but my boyfriend received his CSQ on aug 3rd and no sign of AIP yet.... CIC told me that it goes with thwir delay so 10-11 months...so we apparently still have to wait..!

What is your timeline?
2010.09.06received
2010.10.27 IP
2011.08.31 CSQ app sent

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
tplink1357 said:
In my case it was about a month after the data that MICC issued the QSC.

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
Hi, since I had some questions but no answers, I called CIC to confirm, here are the answers. Just update here in case someone hits the same questions later. Thanks.
hatrang said:
Ah, the last question for today, I'm asking my family back home to get police certs for me. Can my family scan and send me via Internet or they have to send original paper via snail mail? I'm asking that because snail mail in my country gets loss easily and time to wait also much longer than Internet. Thanks a bunch for all helps!
CIC just accepts the original papers or papers sent directly from police office in my country to them. They don't accept the scanned or photocopy version, even color scanning.

hatrang said:
Sorry, after posting previous question, I feel like it was not the last of today yet, to early to say, eh?

And here is a new coming questions for OWP app.
In form IMM1249E, part C, number 7, they ask original entry to Canada and number 8, they ask recent entry to Canada.
I went to Canada first time under visitor visa in 2006. Honestly I don't have any paper of this visit with me now since the company did everything at that time. That old visa was in my old passport which was destroyed after renewal, no clue now. That time I stayed in Canada 3 months and went back to my country.
Until last year, I entered Canada again under closed work permit. This time I finished all paper work myself and I kept all proofs well.

So, should I put the first visit or the second visit into the question of number 7 above? If I put the first visit, I'm worried I don't have any paper or ID in hands though. Please kindly advise and sorry for asking too many. Just because I'm struggling alone.....
CIC won't care if I have any proof of my first visit to Canada in 2006. They confirmed that I will put my first visit in 2006 into number 7 and my last visit last year into number 8. Number 9 will explain for number 7.

And again, LY was completely correct to use Client ID on work permit to put into UCI on IMM0008ENU_2D Generic Application Form for Canada.
Have a good day people!

yvonne_0131

Mar 28, 2011
Hello, Everyone! It's so good to hear so many good news here. :p

I just came back to Canada from my country (visa exempt) last night and received my landing letter. Maybe some of you face the same situation as me, I would love sharing the experience I have.

Here is my timeline:
APP received: 2010/10/01
Started Processing: 2010/11/18
AIP+DM: 2011/07/15
Interview date: 2011/09/23 in Hamilton

Since my brother's wedding was in early September this year, I have already ordered my flight ticket few months ago and planned to go back to my hometown on 8/20 to 9/11. After receiving my AIP+DM letter, I directly went to Hamilton local CIC and be told that my landing interview will be on the end of August. After I explained my flight plan, the lady behind the counter was very nice, she told me she will re-arrange the interview date for me. :-* Therefore, I took the plane back to my hometown and happily attended my brother's wedding. Yesterday when we arrived Canada, I showed my AIP+DM letter to CBSA,the officer checked the computer for few minutes and let my husband and me in. Then I got home safely and received my landing letter.

I hope the information will be helped for those who have the same dilemma.
Good luck to you all! ;D