Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010-09-12
LANDED..........
23-09-2011
fleurette said:
Hey guys!

Some landing tips for other applicants:
- CORP: make sure that you bring you receipt of Right of Permanent Resident Fee if you had already paid to CPC-Vegreville online. The receipt number will be requested before CORP is granted.
- PR card: don't order original PR card application forms online as we did. Save your time, CIC will order your first PR card by themselves. You don't need to fill out any forms.
- SIN number: don't fill out the SIN application form; you will not need it, because Service Canada Representative produces SIN number right on the computer using the documents from Immigration officer. I even did not sign any form to get my SIN number.
- OHIP: you can receive Ontario OHIP just after three months after getting of second stage approval. Make sure to bring your original letter from CPC-V to the Service Canada Center.
- Citizenship: you can count half of your days lived in Canada before getting PR towards to Citizenship Residency mandatory requirements.

My immigration process has been completed this week, and I wish best of luck to all other applicants who patiently waiting in line to be processed. Your time will come soon!
Love_Young, thank you so much for the congratulations!
Congratulations Fleurette!!! Welcome to CANADA!!! yohoooo!!!!
My landing interview will be next week, Sept 23.. Wish me luck :)

Thanks for sharing these information...

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
lhet_sept2010 said:
Congratulations Fleurette!!! Welcome to CANADA!!! yohoooo!!!!
My landing interview will be next week, Sept 23.. Wish me luck :)

Thanks for sharing these information...
Hey lhet_sept2010, I may have forgot but where are you landing to?
Congrats again by the way!

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Love_Young said:
Aww thank you. You're too kind. :-* I appreciate the support. If I do, I hope I can inspire all of you that you can do this too.
Inlandappl, you should PM sometime. Maybe would could exchange contacts and keep in touch even after you land.
I PM ed you ;D

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Just got a call back for an interview tomorrow at 3:30 for that one place I mentioned. Not even 3 hours after I gave them the resume. :D
Apparently it wasn't the manager I gave the resume to but the owner. The manager called me though and said I would be talking with her and the owner tomorrow. She also mentioned they are looking to hire someone for next week. I hope its me. Woo, I am so excited.

Please wish me luck. Any tips/suggestions you have for an interview would be great. I am so nervous and excited you guys.

shantese

Star Member
Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Med's Request
july 29 2012/medical results august 21,2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
08-06-2010 AIP
VISA ISSUED...
decision made april 15,2013
LANDED..........
May 6,2013
hi guys i wanted to know how can i obtain a temporary tax number i have the same problem as you guys

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
Just got a call back for an interview tomorrow at 3:30 for that one place I mentioned. Not even 3 hours after I gave them the resume. :D
Apparently it wasn't the manager I gave the resume to but the owner. The manager called me though and said I would be talking with her and the owner tomorrow. She also mentioned they are looking to hire someone for next week. I hope its me. Woo, I am so excited.

Please wish me luck. Any tips/suggestions you have for an interview would be great. I am so nervous and excited you guys.
Hey LOVE_YOUNG.....you have got that job .the interview is just a formality so keep calm and all the best.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
shantese said:
hi guys i wanted to know how can i obtain a temporary tax number i have the same problem as you guys
You can fill out a form and request one. You can find the form on their site.
I obtained mine because after they straightened everything out with our situation, they mailed a letter with one in there.
This is what they do most of the time but you can still ask for one ahead of time if they have yet to give you one. It really does help out when it comes time to file again.

tozo said:
Hey LOVE_YOUNG.....you have got that job .the interview is just a formality so keep calm and all the best.
You think so tozo? I really hope so. :D Thank you for the support.

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
shantese said:
ITN(individual Tax number)

T1261 http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pbg/tf/t1261/README.html

lotionice

Aug 2, 2011
Love_Young said:
Hey guys. How is everyone today? Hopefully you are doing well and I hope we get some more good news in the days to come.
I just wanted to share that I passed out my first few resumes today. One place (a small cafe', very cozy inside) I handed the resume into, ended up being the manager after all. He asked a few questions there and at the end he said he would contact me about an interview tomorrow or Thursday. I am very happy since that is the place I have been wanting to work at. I really hope it pulls through because it would be a real blessing. Wish me luck! :p

I am keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers for more good news your way soon. Stay strong! ;D
Good luck LY!!!! I have been real lucky too! after one week of receiving the AIP+DM, I got 2 jobs on the same day!!
i choose one of them, in a shipping logistic co,will start working next week..
still waiting the letter of landing though..

bon courage everyone!!

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
I'd like to share my experience about how I get my tax refund, hope it helps.

My background

I was an international student, arrived Canada at Nov 2007.
I met my bf at beginning 2009 and we've been living together since June 2009.

How I get the refund

I downloaded T1261 for applying ITN(individual Tax number) at April 2011, besides the form, I also provided my passport copy (the page with your picture) and my BCID copy. Please keep that in mind, CRA wants the original, certified, or notarized copies of your documents.

At the first time, I sent the copies without notarized since I was told by someone from CRA via the phone that it will be fine....
but later I got a letter with all my paper, which was asking me to provide certified paper. So I went to RCMP in Nanaimo, they notarized my paper for free. So I sent it back to CRA and I got my ITN at the end of May.

At the end of June 2011, my friend helped finishing all tax paper which included 2007-2010. I got tax refund at August 2011 that's regarding to 2008-9. However, they want me to provide my 2007 foreign income which I don't have in hand, so I haven't sent it.

About my bf's part

My bf had to fill the RC65 for changing his marital status from divorced to common-law partner.
We included our rental agreement which has our name on it and the landlord declared when I moved in, and common-law declaration (IMM5409) to prove we're common-law partner. CRA doesn't mention what kinda documents they want, so we
can just "guess" at that time.

We sent the RC65 at Apr 2011 and I put a note with the form that I was applying ITN so I couldn't provide my SIN now. Around a month later, we received a call from CRA, the gentle men said "he's processing the form now and he would like to leave his phone number to us and hope to hear from us later when I get my ITN." We called him back later when I had my ITN but he didn't answer so we left message. Although he never called back but my bf received his other tax refund later and his marital status has changed already.

That's my story.... ;D

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
I want to say CONGRATSSSSSS to lotionice and LoveYoung

It must be good to have a job and normal life.

Wish you all the best ;D

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
lotionice said:
Good luck LY!!!! I have been real lucky too! after one week of receiving the AIP+DM, I got 2 jobs on the same day!!
i choose one of them, in a shipping logistic co,will start working next week..
still waiting the letter of landing though..

bon courage everyone!!
Thank you so much! Wow, that is lucky and great. I hope I get the job because if I do, by the sounds of what she said, I could be starting next week too. :p I hope you get your landing interview letter soon.

AmandaHsu said:
I want to say CONGRATSSSSSS to lotionice and LoveYoung

It must be good to have a job and normal life.

Wish you all the best ;D
Aww thank you! :-* ;D Well, I haven't got a job yet but lets hope so. It definitely will be nice and somewhat weird since it is something new but I am definitely ecstatic about it. Thank you for your wishes. It is appreciated a lot. Shouldn't be too much longer for you to get some news. I am rooting for you. :)

lotionice

Aug 2, 2011
Love_Young said:
Thank you so much! Wow, that is lucky and great. I hope I get the job because if I do, by the sounds of what she said, I could be starting next week too. :p I hope you get your landing interview letter soon.

Aww thank you! :-* ;D Well, I haven't got a job yet but lets hope so. It definitely will be nice and somewhat weird since it is something new but I am definitely ecstatic about it. Thank you for your wishes. It is appreciated a lot. Shouldn't be too much longer for you to get some news. I am rooting for you. :)
thanks to LY & AmandaHsu!! can't wait to turn my gear on again, after resting for 1year +!
by the way, do you know anything about Canadian Passport after PR, is it gotta wait 5 years or 3 years?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
lotionice said:
thanks to LY & AmandaHsu!! can't wait to turn my gear on again, after resting for 1year +!
by the way, do you know anything about Canadian Passport after PR, is it gotta wait 5 years or 3 years?
I know how you feel lotionice. Its been almost 3 years for me.
You mean citizenship? It is 3 years.