Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Mona_Barca said:
Love_Young -

Not a problem. I can't deny the thinking of what happens if things go wrong!

By the way another question came to my mind yesterday, I was 20 years old when I got married do you think that will make a difference for CIC when looking at my case?

Thanks.
I hope it isn't a concern and would like to think it wouldn't be. They are supposed to judge every relationship for genuineness. I think the only real time it can become a factor with age is if their is a large age difference between sponsor and applicant.

P.S. Both hubby and I were 20 when we got married last year. Hopefully we get AIP and I pray age won't be a problem for us.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
I assumed that any country that you have lived in for more then 6 months over the age of 18 that you need a police clearance. My husband came in Oct.2009 and we sent our application last month. We had a police clearance attached to his application.

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
PUZZLED said:
Thank you Material for the info! But I call the hospital now and take an appointment for my medical but they were asking for the request letter from CIC if I have it but I told them No i never had it yet so they say I cannot do the medical if I dont have that request letter from CIC ??? Im living here in MONTREAL . Anyone who has an idea what to do? thanks in advance
Hi Puzzled, i lived in Montreal for a while and i did my medicals before sending the application to vegreville in july 2010. i did it at the Clinic medical Luso on Mont royal st n 1. they never ask you for a letter from CIC. they make you urine test, blood test, blood pressure, interview with doctor, x rays and thats it, they make pics on the spot there for 5 dollars(if you dont have them) and charge you 200 dollars. they give you a piece of paper that says that you had tests done in that clinic for immigration purposes and thats the paper you send to CIC. i think that is CIC that contacts the clinic and the clinic gives them the results. you dont see the results unless there is a big problem w your health (in that case they should contact you). you should contact this clinic or any other DMP (designated medical practitioner) in the montreal area as soon as possible..thats my advice, good luck!

Material

Feb 16, 2011
PUZZLED said:
Thank you Material for the info! But I call the hospital now and take an appointment for my medical but they were asking for the request letter from CIC if I have it but I told them No i never had it yet so they say I cannot do the medical if I dont have that request letter from CIC ??? Im living here in MONTREAL . Anyone who has an idea what to do? thanks in advance
I live in ontario but I assumed that its all the same when it comes to medicals, I never heard from any1 that you should wait for the request to do the medicals also why would you go to a hospital to do them you should go to a DMP (Designated Medical Practisionist) look for one in your area.

Unless its different in Quebec which I doubt.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=2042&ProvID=15204&ProvinceName=Quebec&CountryName=Canada

Please check the link above for DMPs in your area.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PUZZLED said:
The notes about the DMP program (for DMP's) are here (interesting read).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/dmp/exam.asp

Check for a DMP here

http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx

komar

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2011
Med's Done....
01-04-2011
LANDED..........
21-06-2011
Hi All,

We were asked to redo medicals. The doc said the reports get sent to Ottawa in 2-3 weeks. Then they supposedly get scanned and Vegreville etc are able to view it online. Wonder how long you have to wait for "medical results have been recieved" update on the ECAS once you get the tests done? We were just hoping to find out the approximate timeline.

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
komar said:
Hi All,

We were asked to redo medicals. The doc said the reports get sent to Ottawa in 2-3 weeks. Then they supposedly get scanned and Vegreville etc are able to view it online. Wonder how long you have to wait for "medical results have been recieved" update on the ECAS once you get the tests done? We were just hoping to find out the approximate timeline.
Hi Komar when did you do your first medicals? if you feel like telling us

komar

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2011
Med's Done....
01-04-2011
LANDED..........
21-06-2011
Inlandappl said:
Hi Komar when did you do your first medicals? if you feel like telling us
We got it done in 2009 and expired around end of 2010.

Venemex

Oct 21, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Veigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 27th, 2010
Doc's Request.
October 26th, 2010 (Quebec)
AOR Received.
December 2nd, 2010
Med's Done....
January 27th, 2010
Interview........
waiting for date
PUZZLED said:
Puzzled,

I made my medical exma in clinic metro medic located in the corner guy conocrdia and sherbrooke. I did january 2010 and they did not asked me for any CIC request, I dont know if that changes but go tere and asked them, I remember they asked me for 4 pictures and I dont remember what else? Hope this works bcs a year ago it works.
Good Luck

SssS

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I am officially permanent resident as of today.

The landing interview was fun packed 15 minutes. As some of you might know, I am in Montreal which seems to have different way of doing things. I got there 45 minutes before my appointment and to my surprise I got called just after 15 I was there :). The lady was ''goofy'' but in a very good way - we had a lots of laugh. She just verified the details from my passport, checked CSQ and undertaking agreement, took my visitor visa and asked 2 obligatory questions (dependants and criminal record) and that was it.

However, what boggles me is that she did not put any visa in my passport and all I have is confirmation of permanent residence - which she told me is more important than citizenship papers for the retirement purposes :). So, because I do not have visa in my passport and have only confirmation of permanent residence Service Canada CANNOT issue SSN number for me before I show them my PR card. So even though I am permanent resident I cannot apply for SSN and have to wait for PR card - 4 to 6 weeks. I guess they did not give my visa into my passport because I am from visa exempt country or something. I dunno if someone will hire my without SSN :eek:. Well I guess given my time-line I cannot really complain.

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
SssS said:
So I am officially permanent resident as of today.

The landing interview was fun packed 15 minutes. As some of you might know, I am in Montreal which seems to have different way of doing things. I got there 45 minutes before my appointment and to my surprise I got called just after 15 I was there :). The lady was ''goofy'' but in a very good way - we had a lots of laugh. She just verified the details from my passport, checked CSQ and undertaking agreement, took my visitor visa and asked 2 obligatory questions (dependants and criminal record) and that was it.

However, what boggles me is that she did not put any visa in my passport and all I have is confirmation of permanent residence - which she told me is more important than citizenship papers for the retirement purposes :). So, because I do not have visa in my passport and have only confirmation of permanent residence Service Canada CANNOT issue SSN number for me before I show them my PR card. So even though I am permanent resident I cannot apply for SSN and have to wait for PR card - 4 to 6 weeks. I guess they did not give my visa into my passport because I am from visa exempt country or something. I dunno if someone will hire my without SSN :eek:. Well I guess given my time-line I cannot really complain.
Congrats! I don't think you get a visa per se for an inland applicant. You get your COPR and you are a landed immigrant. Persons applying outland get the visa and they will travel with the visa here to land or if they are already here and want to flagpole they do that. The PR visa is a single entry visa. Maybe Quebec does the SIN differently too because I'm sure I've seen other people land and apply for the SIN on the same day inland. I will see how my landing goes on Wednesday. I have a temporary SIN so it's just a matter of them updating to a permanent one. I think they mentioned service Canada will be on hand to assist with that. Congrats again!

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
Hi inlandapp, material and baloo and venemex... thank you for the reply but I need to clarify some issues here :

Last JUNE 2010 i applied for extension of my visitors visa while my papers for sponsorship was on process, then I got a letter from them requesting that i need to do medical exam since im applying for an extension of my visa they give me some forms to submit to DMP and there I made my medical but this was for my visitors visa. And after that last month I got my AIP , they requested for Police clearance and thats it , now im confused isnt it they would consider that medical last JUNE as for my visitors visa , thats why they are not requesting any medical for me anymore , i really dont know about it that why anyone who an idea pls let me know ??? thanks again

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
komar said:
Hi Mona_Barca,

Correction to my previous reply to you:

When calculating your time in Canada:

Only the four years preceding the date of your application are taken into account; each day you lived in Canada before you became a permanent resident counts as half a day; each day you lived in Canada after you became a permanent resident counts as one day;

The website talks about physical presence so I dont think your status matters. Try the citizenship calculator to find out: http://services3.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/startBasicCalc.do
Also before you become a PR and each day is a half day -** this only only amounts up to one year and no more. So if you are in Canada waiting for 3 years you are still only able to claim one year for citizenship.**

komar

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2011
Med's Done....
01-04-2011
LANDED..........
21-06-2011
PUZZLED said:
Hi inlandapp, material and baloo and venemex... thank you for the reply but I need to clarify some issues here :

Last JUNE 2010 i applied for extension of my visitors visa while my papers for sponsorship was on process, then I got a letter from them requesting that i need to do medical exam since im applying for an extension of my visa they give me some forms to submit to DMP and there I made my medical but this was for my visitors visa. And after that last month I got my AIP , they requested for Police clearance and thats it , now im confused isnt it they would consider that medical last JUNE as for my visitors visa , thats why they are not requesting any medical for me anymore , i really dont know about it that why anyone who an idea pls let me know ??? thanks again
Your medical is good for one year for all applications being processed by CIC and if you got your AIP while your medical is still valid you dont need another one.

Mona_Barca

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PUZZLED said:

I will tell you my story. I am in the same situation as you (being on a visitor visa, and applying for PR through sponsorship though I have not got approved yet). They have extended my visitor visa last month and they asked me to get a medical exam done. I called them today to ask if this medical will be okay for my PR application as well, and the officer told me yes (you will not need to do another one).
I have discussed this with Love_Young and some other members and they told me that you suppose to have another medical done for your PR. So, I don’t have a definite answer on this, but your best bet is to call CIC and they will let you know specifically for your case. Get an answer from three different agents (makes you feel more confident in what they are telling you).