INLAND APPLICATIONS 2010

Mona_Barca

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
komar said:
Your medical is good for one year for all applications being processed by CIC and if you got your AIP while your medical is still valid you dont need another one.
Komar -

I guess this make more sense specially you have only a one client ID number.

Mona_Barca

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kiwikris said:
Also before you become a PR and each day is a half day -** this only only amounts up to one year and no more. So if you are in Canada waiting for 3 years you are still only able to claim one year for citizenship.**
Kiwikris -

Thanks. I did not know that there will be a maximum for how long you can claim. Good to know though.

Thanks

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
komar said:
Your medical is good for one year for all applications being processed by CIC and if you got your AIP while your medical is still valid you dont need another one.
I understand that CIC can extend the validity of a medical for inland applications.

Material

Feb 16, 2011
PUZZLED said:
Hi inlandapp, material and baloo and venemex... thank you for the reply but I need to clarify some issues here :

Last JUNE 2010 i applied for extension of my visitors visa while my papers for sponsorship was on process, then I got a letter from them requesting that i need to do medical exam since im applying for an extension of my visa they give me some forms to submit to DMP and there I made my medical but this was for my visitors visa. And after that last month I got my AIP , they requested for Police clearance and thats it , now im confused isnt it they would consider that medical last JUNE as for my visitors visa , thats why they are not requesting any medical for me anymore , i really dont know about it that why anyone who an idea pls let me know ??? thanks again
Thats why they didnt request it ... :) :)

komar

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2011
Med's Done....
01-04-2011
LANDED..........
21-06-2011
Mona_Barca said:
I will tell you my story. I am in the same situation as you (being on a visitor visa, and applying for PR through sponsorship though I have not got approved yet). They have extended my visitor visa last month and they asked me to get a medical exam done. I called them today to ask if this medical will be okay for my PR application as well, and the officer told me yes (you will not need to do another one).
I have discussed this with Love_Young and some other members and they told me that you suppose to have another medical done for your PR. So, I don't have a definite answer on this, but your best bet is to call CIC and they will let you know specifically for your case. Get an answer from three different agents (makes you feel more confident in what they are telling you).
Did you do a medical for your PR application and then another one for visitor visa extension?

Mona_Barca

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
komar said:
Did you do a medical for your PR application and then another one for visitor visa extension?
Komar -

I have done a medical for my PR 6 months before we submitted our application, and it is already expired two months ago. The recent medical I have completed was for the visitor visa extention. Although it was for a visitor visa extention (the request came with the visa approval) it did say Permanent Residence on the letter.

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
komar said:
Thanks komar but i have different situation here im a bit confused about this medical ...do i need to redo it as they said its not the same if they ask you for your visitors visa but not for your PR application.

komar

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2011
Med's Done....
01-04-2011
LANDED..........
21-06-2011
PUZZLED said:
Thanks komar but i have different situation here im a bit confused about this medical ...do i need to redo it as they said its not the same if they ask you for your visitors visa but not for your PR application.
I am pretty sure they wont ask for another medical if a valid one (less than one year old) is on file under your client ID# but please do check with the helpline.

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
PUZZLED said:
Hi inlandapp, material and baloo and venemex... thank you for the reply but I need to clarify some issues here :

Last JUNE 2010 i applied for extension of my visitors visa while my papers for sponsorship was on process, then I got a letter from them requesting that i need to do medical exam since im applying for an extension of my visa they give me some forms to submit to DMP and there I made my medical but this was for my visitors visa. And after that last month I got my AIP , they requested for Police clearance and thats it , now im confused isnt it they would consider that medical last JUNE as for my visitors visa , thats why they are not requesting any medical for me anymore , i really dont know about it that why anyone who an idea pls let me know ??? thanks again

mmm a medical is a medical and i think they are the same and have the same validity, that is 1 year, so i would probably wait to be asked to redo them (in case they do). when you applied for an extension of your visitor visa they must have given you a client id number and if that client id number is the same of your application for permanent residence then they definitely have or will have your medicals...thats my opinion but it may be wrong

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
komar said:
I am pretty sure they wont ask for another medical if a valid one (less than one year old) is on file under your client ID# but please do check with the helpline.
ehehe we posted the same opinion at the same second :eek:

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
Mona_Barca said:
I will tell you my story. I am in the same situation as you (being on a visitor visa, and applying for PR through sponsorship though I have not got approved yet). They have extended my visitor visa last month and they asked me to get a medical exam done. I called them today to ask if this medical will be okay for my PR application as well, and the officer told me yes (you will not need to do another one).
I have discussed this with Love_Young and some other members and they told me that you suppose to have another medical done for your PR. So, I don't have a definite answer on this, but your best bet is to call CIC and they will let you know specifically for your case. Get an answer from three different agents (makes you feel more confident in what they are telling you).
Hi mona_barca , thanks for the information , i was like a bit worried about this medical and we are on the same situation , anyways i will try to confirm with them, i dont want to give them a reason for delaying my application , they are unpredictable...CIC should request the needed reqts simultaneously but they ask for the documents separately which makes the processing slow ::)

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Inlandappl said:
mmm a medical is a medical and i think they are the same and have the same validity, that is 1 year, so i would probably wait to be asked to redo them (in case they do). when you applied for an extension of your visitor visa they must have given you a client id number and if that client id number is the same of your application for permanent residence then they definitely have or will have your medicals...thats my opinion but it may be wrong
Client Id
http://immipedia.ca/CID

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Inlandappl said:
yes the client id remains the same for life once you have been assigned a number, thanks Baloo
Which is great if you ever had a document issued from CIC that contains your CID.
It offers another way of getting into e-CAS without a receipt number or a file number :)