Med's Request
12-03-2011
Med's Done....
01-04-2011
LANDED..........
21-06-2011
Material said:
Hey Love- Komar,

Just thought I would update you guys on what I recieved lately. I got a letter requesting a police clearance for my wife for some country she resided in for a period of 8 months( offcourse I didnt know I had to include it from the begining because my stupid lawyer didnt explain to me that i should submit one for every country she has resided in more than 6 months) offcourse I learned this through the forum a while back so I was working on it since because I knew they would request it unfortunatly I dont have it yet (its one of those slow countries) anyways also in the letter was a request to pay the landing fees all this has to be done in 30 days otherwise a decision will be made according to the info they have thats what the letter said.

Im hoping its good news , though I didnt getv the clearance yet which is really bothering me.
Hi Material,

Send the fee and a letter explaining what you have done about the police certificate before the 30 days are up. Once they have an explanation about the cert, you dont need to worry about not meeting the deadline. If they are asking for landing fee, there will be no more delay for PR once they do get the cert.

Material

Feb 16, 2011
komar said:
Hi Material,

Send the fee and a letter explaining what you have done about the police certificate before the 30 days are up. Once they have an explanation about the cert, you dont need to worry about not meeting the deadline. If they are asking for landing fee, there will be no more delay for PR once they do get the cert.
Yeah I was planning on doing this , Im just waiting to see if I could get the police clearance in the next couple of days because I dont want to give them a reason to delay the process and also they are asking for landing fees so Im hoping this is a good sign :) how was your weekend good? :)

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Material said:
Hey Love- Komar,

Just thought I would update you guys on what I recieved lately. I got a letter requesting a police clearance for my wife for some country she resided in for a period of 8 months( offcourse I didnt know I had to include it from the begining because my stupid lawyer didnt explain to me that i should submit one for every country she has resided in more than 6 months) offcourse I learned this through the forum a while back so I was working on it since because I knew they would request it unfortunatly I dont have it yet (its one of those slow countries) anyways also in the letter was a request to pay the landing fees all this has to be done in 30 days otherwise a decision will be made according to the info they have thats what the letter said.

Im hoping its good news , though I didnt getv the clearance yet which is really bothering me.
it s incredible that the lawyer didn't tell you about the police clearances. it is even written on CIC website. No definitely i'm not a fan of relying on lawyers for immigration. do it yourself i think is the best way and its cheaper too!
Good luck Material!

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Inlandappl said:
it s incredible that the lawyer didn't tell you about the police clearances. it is even written on CIC website. No definitely i'm not a fan of relying on lawyers for immigration. do it yourself i think is the best way and its cheaper too!
Good luck Material!
Thanks Innlandappl

Trust me this part is nothing compared to the rest of his mistakes.I blame myself for trusting him and not doing my own research on the process.

jaune

Star Member
Jul 19, 2009
Love_Young said:
CONGRATS jaune for being almost finished. Where might your local CIC office be? I know Montreal has been doing this a lot lately.
Thank you Love Young, I really feel such a relief, it was loooooong!

Yes, my local office is Montreal, I was also told by CIC call centre that some local offices would prefer not to receive the fee at landing interview, so I'd better just pay it online now...

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
Hello! Hope everyone's weekend was good ! I have some questions , recently I got my AIP and they ask for POLICE CLEARANCE from my country which I already submitted ; but I was wondering how come they just request for Police clearance and didnt ask me to do the MEDICAL ? I was waiting for their request for my medical which I never done yet . ::) Apart from that does anyone know how long will it take to issue an OWP i applied it 3 wks back ? Thanks and have a nice day to all! :)

Material

Feb 16, 2011
PUZZLED said:
Hello! Hope everyone's weekend was good ! I have some questions , recently I got my AIP and they ask for POLICE CLEARANCE from my country which I already submitted ; but I was wondering how come they just request for Police clearance and didnt ask me to do the MEDICAL ? I was waiting for their request for my medical which I never done yet . ::) Apart from that does anyone know how long will it take to issue an OWP i applied it 3 wks back ? Thanks and have a nice day to all! :)
Hey

If you havent done your medicals yet you should.Even if they didnt ask yet coz this will save time when they eventually come to relize that they dont have your medicals.OWP are currently taking 40 days to process so your still within the time limit.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Hmm...seems like CIC is changing up the way they used to do things. Seems really unpredictable now. ::)

Mona_Barca

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young and Komar -

Greetings,

Is it necessarily to get a police clearance from Canada while you’re waiting on your permanent resident application? If so, what is the process to get one?

Thanks.

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
No you do not need to get a police clearance from Canada, immigration can do that. If they request you to then go and get one, but otherwise the answer is no.

Mona_Barca

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TeresaLynn said:
No you do not need to get a police clearance from Canada, immigration can do that. If they request you to then go and get one, but otherwise the answer is no.
TeresaLynn -

Thanks. I am trying to the best of my ability to do anything that will not delay my application. You can't believe it, I am thinking of getting FBI clearance from US (I lived there about five months) just because the CIC might request that from me by mistake!

Hopefully you will hear something this week. I prayed for you.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Mona_Barca: I will send you a PM back here soon. Sorry been quite busy today. :)

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Thank Mona, each day seems like forever! but hopefully we will hear something soon :)

Mona_Barca

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young -

Not a problem. I can't deny the thinking of what happens if things go wrong!

By the way another question came to my mind yesterday, I was 20 years old when I got married do you think that will make a difference for CIC when looking at my case?

Thanks.

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
Material said:
Hey

If you havent done your medicals yet you should.Even if they didnt ask yet coz this will save time when they eventually come to relize that they dont have your medicals.OWP are currently taking 40 days to process so your still within the time limit.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp
Thank you Material for the info! But I call the hospital now and take an appointment for my medical but they were asking for the request letter from CIC if I have it but I told them No i never had it yet so they say I cannot do the medical if I dont have that request letter from CIC ??? Im living here in MONTREAL . Anyone who has an idea what to do? thanks in advance