20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
Love_Young said:
Hi there AmandaHsu your questions are not silly at all. Promise you!

Here are the answers:
1. Yes, you leave those blank
2. You want Private Act, check "as is" and the language you prefer, then check "receive copies of the records"
3. Choose FOSS (information in Canada) the "in Canada file" can delay your processing
4. You need to check off the box for "A request is being made by...", fill out your name as the requestor, your number, address, and then sign and date it
5. And no that is good. Just fax your form to Vegreville at 780-603-2693, it should arrive anywhere from 1-4 weeks
Awww...Love_Young....
don't know how to show my appreciation.....

I've done the paper now and going to fax it tomorrow morning....YA ^_^

komar

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2011
Med's Done....
01-04-2011
LANDED..........
21-06-2011
Mona_Barca said:
Hello Everyone -
Just a quick and silly question;
When you get approved for an inland application and you get your PR, does the time you have been in Canada waiting for the approvals count for your Citizenship, or the counting will start after you get your PR?
Please clarify,
Hi Mona_Barca,

They count half a day for every day that you spent in Canada before getting PR up to two years. So if you were in canada for 2 years before you get your PR it will be counted as one year so you are eligible to apply for citizenship 2 years after getting PR.

Mona_Barca

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
komar said:
Hi Mona_Barca,

They count half a day for every day that you spent in Canada before getting PR up to two years. So if you were in canada for 2 years before you get your PR it will be counted as one year so you are eligible to apply for citizenship 2 years after getting PR.
Komar -

Thanks for your reply. So, regardless of your visa status while waiting to get approved; the time counts as a half day! If someone does go out of status before getting approved, do they consider the time of being out of status?

Thanks

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
Hi Everybody! I hope you had a good weekend...

Can anybody explain me what is FOSS? I have seen some post about that and I don't understand what it is.

Cheers

Pepe.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
AmandaHsu said:
Awww...Love_Young....
don't know how to show my appreciation.....

I've done the paper now and going to fax it tomorrow morning....YA ^_^

Hehe...that picture made my day better. So glad I could help. :D

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
jaune said:
Hello guys,

I finally got to the end of my PR process after 19 months! I just got a letter saying that my PR process has been completed and now I am asked to send photos and pay the permanent residence fees, but I'm confused here: Don't we pay the PR fee at our landing interview normally?

Sometimes, I really think their communication is quite confusing....

Thank you in advance!
CONGRATS jaune for being almost finished. Where might your local CIC office be? I know Montreal has been doing this a lot lately.

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
Thanks Baloo and Love_Young!

Now I have another questions. Maybe it sounds stupid but why one should ask for the FOSS? and when one should ask for it?

Cheers.

Pepe

Material

Feb 16, 2011
pepe261 said:
Thanks Baloo and Love_Young!

Now I have another questions. Maybe it sounds stupid but why one should ask for the FOSS? and when one should ask for it?

Cheers.

Pepe
Hey

Sometimes FOSS notes have comments made by the officer that is processing your file, it also has the BFD (Bring forward date) which is when they will open your file agian.

It doesnt have much info though , but some times it helps. Time of request doesnt really matter but if you request them early in the process they probably wont have anything usefull on them.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
You're welcome.
They usually don't recommend you order them unless you are called for an interview about your relationship because usually it will describe in the notes what they are concerned with. But you can ask for them at any time but I waited until 6 months had passed. I also ordered them because at the time I didn't have proof that my application had been received, etc. since I couldn't sign into e-Cas so I ordered FOSS notes knowing it would show it and I would have hard copy proof of it. I faxed a request for 2nd ones a couple of weeks back because I want to see any other notes they may have on my application.

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Love_Young said:
You're welcome.
They usually don't recommend you order them unless you are called for an interview about your relationship because usually it will describe in the notes what they are concerned with. But you can ask for them at any time but I waited until 6 months had passed. I also ordered them because at the time I didn't have proof that my application had been received, etc. since I couldn't sign into e-Cas so I ordered FOSS notes knowing it would show it and I would have hard copy proof of it. I faxed a request for 2nd ones a couple of weeks back because I want to see any other notes they may have on my application.
Hey Love- Komar,

Just thought I would update you guys on what I recieved lately. I got a letter requesting a police clearance for my wife for some country she resided in for a period of 8 months( offcourse I didnt know I had to include it from the begining because my stupid lawyer didnt explain to me that i should submit one for every country she has resided in more than 6 months) offcourse I learned this through the forum a while back so I was working on it since because I knew they would request it unfortunatly I dont have it yet (its one of those slow countries) anyways also in the letter was a request to pay the landing fees all this has to be done in 30 days otherwise a decision will be made according to the info they have thats what the letter said.

Im hoping its good news , though I didnt getv the clearance yet which is really bothering me.

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
Love_Young said:
You're welcome.
Thanks again!

komar

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2011
Med's Done....
01-04-2011
LANDED..........
21-06-2011
Mona_Barca said:
Komar -

Thanks for your reply. So, regardless of your visa status while waiting to get approved; the time counts as a half day! If someone does go out of status before getting approved, do they consider the time of being out of status?

Thanks
Hi Mona_Barca,

Correction to my previous reply to you:

When calculating your time in Canada:

Only the four years preceding the date of your application are taken into account; each day you lived in Canada before you became a permanent resident counts as half a day; each day you lived in Canada after you became a permanent resident counts as one day;

The website talks about physical presence so I dont think your status matters. Try the citizenship calculator to find out: http://services3.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/startBasicCalc.do