Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/01/2010
Last update on my application:
After waiting for 1 year, 1 month and 9 days here is the final leg of our "amazing race":

E-CAS notes:
We received your application for permanent residence on January 8, 2010. (Common-law sponsorship).
We started processing your application on March 13, 2010.
Medical results have been received. (Nov 2010)
We received the requested information on January 12, 2011. Thank you for providing the information. (further proof of relationship requested).
A decision has been made and you will be contacted. (AIP & OWP granted)
We received the requested information on February 8, 2011. Thank you for providing the information. (Police Certificate)
We sent you a letter on February 17, 2011 to your address about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

I haven't received the letter yet (perhaps due to the "snailmail" swamped with all the T4's). It took a while, and a lot of stress.
Good luck to everyone and don't give up!!! :)

srcc

Star Member
Sep 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lucky you sgnv !
Ours was received a day before yours and ours still "In Process" :(
Oh well.

Good luck to all!

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
srcc don't worry.. Our number will soon be up too

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
sgnv said:
Last update on my APP:
After waiting for 1 year, 1 month and 9 days here is the final leg of our "amazing race":
We received your application for permanent residence on January 8, 2010. (Common-law sponsorship).
We received the requested information on January 12, 2011. Thank you for providing the information. (further proof of relationship requested).
We received the requested information on February 8, 2011. Thank you for providing the information. (Police Certificate)
We sent you a letter on February 17, 2011 to your address about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

I haven't received the letter yet (perhaps due to the "snailmail" swamped with all the T4's). It took a while, and a lot of stress.
congrats! :)

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Hey people

I hope everybody is doing good. All the advice so far has been great. Does anyone know if the file has been transferred to a local office will it still be a two stage process where you would have to get AIP first and wait another 9 months for the second stage approval or is it all granted in short period since you have to Waite a long time for your file to be reviewed at the local office and maybe even wait more for an interview. Thanks

Best wishes to all

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Material said:
Hey people

I hope everybody is doing good. All the advice so far has been great. Does anyone know if the file has been transferred to a local office will it still be a two stage process where you would have to get AIP first and wait another 9 months for the second stage approval or is it all granted in short period since you have to Waite a long time for your file to be reviewed at the local office and maybe even wait more for an interview. Thanks

Best wishes to all
It is still a two step process. They transfer the file to local office for more in-depth investigation about the genuineness of the relation. Only after believing that the relation ship is not for the purpose of getting Canadian PR, they initiate security and background checks

sgnv

Star Member
Jun 11, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/01/2010
srcc said:
Lucky you sgnv !
Ours was received a day before yours and ours still "In Process" :(
Oh well.Good luck to all!
@ srcc:
Well, we didn't expect to get ours finilized by now, our FOSS notes indicated that our file will be review sometime in early April 2011, so I guess every case is different and for some people, this whole process went smooth and fast, for others, it has been like a rollercoaster, so you never know, perhaps yours is on its way :) good luck!

dudebr

Star Member
May 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sgnv said:
@ srcc:
Well, we didn't expect to get ours finilized by now, our FOSS notes indicated that our file will be review sometime in early April 2011, so I guess every case is different and for some people, this whole process went smooth and fast, for others, it has been like a rollercoaster, so you never know, perhaps yours is on its way :) good luck!
Does your FOSS notes say when your RCMP check was requested? If yes, what date does it say?
Sorry about the question I just wanna compare dates. Thank you

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
dudebr said:
Does your FOSS notes say when your RCMP check was requested? If yes, what date does it say?
Sorry about the question I just wanna compare dates. Thank you
What date in May did you apply? My FOSS notes said RCMP check was requested in November and in December too.

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
sgnv said:

E-CAS notes:

Heyyyyyy! SGNV That is great news! You have alot to celebrate! :)
Thank you so much for sharing your up date. We are both very happy for you ;D

Update: We got Work Permit today!! Yay! On the job hunt now. :D
Still waiting to hear from Kingston, Jamaica regarding our my hubby's son's medicals.

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
@SGNV: congrats on the decision!

For myself I got a new challange... I got fired yesterday, because of lack of work and money to keep me employed. Besides that I am very disappointed in the decision of the owner (and a lot of colleagues with me), I am very happy I didn't exchange my implied status for a work permit attached to the job, so now I can just go on to a next job. No difficulties and filling forms and waiting for another work permit.

So, if someone knows a place where they need an entertainment/theatre technician (Québec / Montréal for longterm, anywhere else for short freelance projects), I'll be your guy! :)

californiajeninca

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sgnv said:

E-CAS notes:

Congratulations SGNV. Good luck on your next step to your new life.

I'm sorry to hear about your job Jurjen, I hope you will find a new job with a positive boss/leader.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Hi everyone.

Been a rough busy week or so. Found out someone in my family has cancer and just heard my grandpa (on my dad's side) is going to the hospital but don't know what for. I haven't gotten my birthday gift that my mom sent two weeks ago and apparently it is really important what she sent. And the bill for cable, internet, and phone just keeps going up in cost. I am having a great time with the hubby though and he started part-time this week. He now has three more days off this week. Yay. 6 days left until my birthday and can't wait. We hung out with a friend the other day and made a HUGE breakfast buffet for ourselves which was so much fun. I have been journaling quite a bit lately which I never usually do but it has been really helping me with the immigration process. I haven't even been worried anymore about the wait or anything. I called my mom and granny today. I talked to my granny for 2 hours and it was so nice because it made me feel so complete. I miss them both so much but I know that I will see them within this year or next year. My grandpa (who was the dad I never had) will have been gone for 3 years on Feb 27 (two days before my birthday) so this is always a tough time to go through. That will always be the worst day of my life. He was my entire world. Talking to my grandma helped me though I just hate that we have to be sad and I can't be there for her. I doubt I will call her on that day but I will call on the 28th so we can talk for my birthday. I don't know why I am rambling. I guess I just wanted to share news with all of you.

I am so thrilled everyone is sharing their news. For all those going through a tough time, I hope it gets better. And for those with good news, congrats that is wonderful. Good luck to everyone no matter what you are going through, I want you all to have great luck doing it. I will update the chart soon but probably not until next week. This week is just going to be too emotional for me. I will talk to you all later. Keep up the good spirits.

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Sorry your going through all that Love_Young. My grandmother was diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer 2 1/2 weeks ago and she passed away on Thursday. Everything happened so quickly. I have had a horrible time. We had the funeral yesterday, it was sad but the service was very nice. I think all the stress has bee getting to me and making me worry more and more our application. Things seems so much bigger and worse when your going through and emotional time. It's nice you were able to talk to your granny and relieve some stress. The only thing that keeps me busy and happy is my baby. I just hope our application is accepted because I am really not up for being a single mom for a any period of time. Anyways, congrats to everyone who has received good news, it always brings me hope when I see good things happening with other peoples applications.