Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Woo go March!

It is going to be such a good month for everyone or at least I hope.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Love_Young said:
Aww how amazing is that? So cool for sure. Sounds like you have had the neatest timeline. Will you be coming back to tell us how it goes? I hope so. Keep in touch with me on FB. ;)
ill be here ;)
i dunno bout my timeline being the neatest.. there were some people who applied like a month after me and landed a month or so before me ..

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Asta said:
ill be here ;)
i dunno bout my timeline being the neatest.. there were some people who applied like a month after me and landed a month or so before me ..
Yay! :)
I was meaning neatest as in it is cool that both our birthdays are in your timeline and got a letter of Valentine's. That is awesome!

Spring4.6.

Feb 6, 2011
Edmonton, Ab.
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Woohoooo Asta great news!

Congratulations, congratulations!
So great to see such a good news!

californiajeninca

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jurjen said:
This goes for every visa exempt country. Keep in mind there's always the risk they won't let you back in. Visitor records are for visitors (tourists). If you're having different intentions, like waiting for PR approval, it is possible that you'll be denied access to Canada. Usually IOs at the border understand the situation and give you a new visitor record anyways, but there are some cases of extremely unlucky people!

Long story short: yes you can leave and it's allowed. There's only the risk of being denied on the way back, like BB described. For visa exempt countries it's not very likely, but if you require a visa to come to Canda, there's more chances of failing.

/quote]

I understand what you are saying, I don't go over the border unless absolutely necessary. And I didn't want to assume about Non-American's going over because I really wasn't sure. On that note, since my hub and I live so near to the border, when we wen't to inquire about the Visitors record for me, the IO there stated I would be able to renew my VR at there office when it was time and that I couldn't just walk in and try to renew it, I'd have to cross the border and come back. I've also dealt with the same IO a few times so I think he just may remember who I was (perhaps).

Asta congratulations!! Some day we'll all be in the same spot you are.

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
TeresaLynn said:
Great news babyhangon!! She has implied status while the inland application is being processed. When did you send you first application?
1st pack sent in on Dec.8/2010. So they opened it on Jan.26.

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
Asta said:
aww happy for u!! now everything's in place. best of luck with application!

guys, thanks to all for congrats!
Love Young, thats sweet! p.s. they started processing my app on MY birthday and sent me landing interview on valentine's day :d

Adzeez, u never know, it might be much faster ;)

wish u all to get good news very soon!
Asta, big congrats! you should open a bottle of wine and celebrate with ur honey big time.
my wife and i still have a long way to go. but we'll try to stay positive and strong.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
thanks to everyone! :-* ill be crossing fingers for all of u now ;)
i guess we'll open a bottle on march 1st, after signing those papers..

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
Hey Asta! Thats awsome!!! I'm sure you are glowing with happiness ;D

Update:

Work permit was mailed out Monday..should be here any moment ..Yay!!!

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
Hey Asta, congrats!!! March is going to be a very happy month for you! :)

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
So i was looking at your chart love-young There are still A LOT of us still waiting for our letters Can we predict who will get first> i have a feeling all the PR etters will come in the same week possibly!...

Still, we are within the 18 month limit :( For me its been 13 months now :(

on a brighter note. Today was my fuirst day of work and im fully employed!. Actually im over employed!.. LOL!. i have two jobs working 60 hrs a week just to catch u[p on bills!.

i will work like this until i can catch up on the credit card and cell phone bill and insurance then ill go back to normal 40 hrs or 30 a week...

I really dont feel like i dont hve PR. only thing is, my care card, My SIN number has an expiry date which sux :(/..oh and my work permit!. so my employers have been questioning those expiry dates but they are cool with it and said so long as i let them know once my situation changes and if it doesnt, i sould let them know because i guess they dont wanna be in trouble

Can we do a prediction chart??. for AIP and for PR??. we can all take a poll and see who gets their pr/AIP first :D

perrinsa

Oct 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2010
Med's Done....
22-03-2010
Interview........
27-06-2011
@Black-berry: Sounds like a plan... I spoke with my lawyer this week to find out if he had any ideas why we hadn't received any updates from immigration since the AIP and OWP. He said that in all likelihood, it is the background checks that they are doing (not police certificates) that is taking the time. Things move slowly in South Africa at the best of times...

Still looking for a permanent job, only had 1 interview so far and didn't make the cut on that one. At least doing odd jobs now and getting paid for it so that is good. Have applied for the Care Card, but not SIN yet, as was advised to hold off on that as long as possible until I have to so that I potentially don't have to do two trips to service canada here in vancouver which is from all accounts a gong show..

Anyway - off to do some more volunteer work this morning..

Here is my prediction: PR landing interview - April 1st - cause all the good things happen to me on April Fools Day :D

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Black-Berry said:
So i was looking at your chart love-young There are still A LOT of us still waiting for our letters Can we predict who will get first> i have a feeling all the PR etters will come in the same week possibly!...

Still, we are within the 18 month limit :( For me its been 13 months now :(

on a brighter note. Today was my fuirst day of work and im fully employed!. Actually im over employed!.. LOL!. i have two jobs working 60 hrs a week just to catch u[p on bills!.

i will work like this until i can catch up on the credit card and cell phone bill and insurance then ill go back to normal 40 hrs or 30 a week...

I really dont feel like i dont hve PR. only thing is, my care card, My SIN number has an expiry date which sux :(/..oh and my work permit!. so my employers have been questioning those expiry dates but they are cool with it and said so long as i let them know once my situation changes and if it doesnt, i sould let them know because i guess they dont wanna be in trouble

Can we do a prediction chart??. for AIP and for PR??. we can all take a poll and see who gets their pr/AIP first :D
yey BlackBerry :) sounds great even though its tiring eh.. hope u like ur jobs!

i think same that PRs might come all at once for most of ppl here :) or maybe the ones who have been living only in one country besides Canada, like me, would get PR faster?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
I don't know about the whole prediction thing just because doing one chart is very time consuming reasons why sometimes you won't see it updated for a good while. Plus I feel that for people like myself that don't have AIP yet, it could get depressing. While you all get to make predictions, I don't. I wouldn't feel comfortable in doing so just because I don't know if I am even approved or will be. I think people would also get depressed about it if their predictions weren't picked before others or if the predictions didn't come true. Then lurkers and new members could start to think that is the actual time you will be getting it and they would start asking questions which is also time consuming. I mean don't get me wrong, it seems like a good idea. But I see more cons than pros for it. Sorry to be a downer just wanting to be realistic.

I guess it is just my jealousy coming through since I can't even make a prediction yet. It just wouldn't be right to make one if I am not even approved for AIP. I still have a 50% chance of getting denied and that scares me. I won't be spending much time on here anymore but I will still lurk, celebrate, and update when I can. Hubby is going part-time this week and to be fair and healthy for our relationship, I need to stop obsessing over immigration and these boards. I need to devote that time to him. I need to start treating it as more permanent (even though it is) rather then constantly thinking, "This could be it, I could be going home soon." And I need to devote my attention to myself and to other hobbies that are more beneficial like losing weight, drawing, photography, writing, etc. Anything besides immigration and here even just for a little while. I feel like such a horrible person. Tell me I am not the only one that has devoted too much time to immigration and this site. Did anyone else feel obsessive?

Blah I need a hug today! Ignore me, the downer.

californiajeninca

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
I don't know about the whole prediction thing just because doing one chart is very time consuming reasons why sometimes you won't see it updated for a good while. Plus I feel that for people like myself that don't have AIP yet, it could get depressing. While you all get to make predictions, I don't. I wouldn't feel comfortable in doing so just because I don't know if I am even approved or will be. I think people would also get depressed about it if their predictions weren't picked before others or if the predictions didn't come true. Then lurkers and new members could start to think that is the actual time you will be getting it and they would start asking questions which is also time consuming. I mean don't get me wrong, it seems like a good idea. But I see more cons than pros for it. Sorry to be a downer just wanting to be realistic.

I guess it is just my jealousy coming through since I can't even make a prediction yet. It just wouldn't be right to make one if I am not even approved for AIP. I still have a 50% chance of getting denied and that scares me. I won't be spending much time on here anymore but I will still lurk, celebrate, and update when I can. Hubby is going part-time this week and to be fair and healthy for our relationship, I need to stop obsessing over immigration and these boards. I need to devote that time to him. I need to start treating it as more permanent (even though it is) rather then constantly thinking, "This could be it, I could be going home soon." And I need to devote my attention to myself and to other hobbies that are more beneficial like losing weight, drawing, photography, writing, etc. Anything besides immigration and here even just for a little while. I feel like such a horrible person. Tell me I am not the only one that has devoted too much time to immigration and this site. Did anyone else feel obsessive?

Blah I need a hug today! Ignore me, the downer.
I am the same way Love_Young. I obsess over the immigration. I think in some way its made my female problems what they are because of the stress. Stress can make you sick, grumpy, it can hurt relationships and yourself. It's easy to say, relish the time you have with your spouse because...insert thought here...but its hard to not think about the "immigration thing". However, to keep your sanity and health, you have to do what you feel is right and I'm sure others would agree that taking your mind off whether or not you will get approved would be the best thing. I worry about my bills, not being approved and why does it take so long all the time. It makes me angry that we all have to have our relationships scrutinezed /judged, ect...do waht you need to do in order to not stress, I am doing that to by immersing my self in my crochet, emailing, facebooking, taking my walks...and all the other things I do, especially taking time-the most time I can-with my beautiful husband. I hope in taking time away from the forum and dedicating yourself to other adventures, you can return (or maybe not) with a different feeling and less stressed.

Good luck Love_Young. And good luck to all those who are waiting for approval, moving on to PR status and all in between. Life is waiting for us...