Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
suenim said:
I really hope so. That other site... I have been following since I came to Canada 5+ years ago. It used to be on another server but because of spam, they re-launched end of 2009. It used to be a lot busier too. I am "jamaisomal" on there. I am having panic attacks. seriously. I stress about everything. :'(
I followed it since Sept 09 and I liked it much better on the other server. Such a shame about the spam. And in the past year or so it has gone down tremendously. I know your name on there. Hehe. My old username for here and there was ColorMePanda but I changed it because I didn't really like the name anymore. I didn't change it on that site though because well...I forgot to and now just too lazy. Try to hold tight dear. I know I will have panic attacks even more than I do now come my turn. I too stress about EVERYTHING. Like hubby tells me, if I have nothing to worry about anymore, I create another thing to worry about. Its sad but true. If ever you need help holding your chin up, I will be here for support. Good luck!

P.S. Maybe if we could get some of our family from here to join that site as well, the traffic will pick back up again. ;) Also some piece of advice my hubby gives me when I am stressing out is, "What good is stressing going to do? Is it going to make it it go any faster? Is it going to help you get through it any better or give you an answer? Don't worry unless you are given something to worry about." And so right now suenim, you have not a thing to worry about. Worrying doesn't get us a positive or negative answer, in fact it does nothing but harm our health.

sgnv

Star Member
Jun 11, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/01/2010
californiajeninca said:
Congratulations SGNV. Good luck on your next step to your new life.
Thanks Californiajeninca!!! :)

Janadian said:
Heyyyyyy! SGNV That is great news! You have alot to celebrate! :)
Thank you so much for sharing your up date. We are both very happy for you ;D
@ Janadian
thanks a lot! and good luck on your job hunt :)

Jurjen said:
@ SGNV: congrats on the decision!
Thanks Jurjen and I'm pretty sure you'll find a new job soon, good luck! :)

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Thanks!!

Love_Young said:
"working on applications received on 1 mai, 2010"
Usually it wouldn't be typed in lower case and the months would be spelled in English. Should have been spelt as May and the format should have been month, day, then year like the rest of the dates were written. Ugh...makes me uneasy with their errors.
It's the French spelling. ;)

Love_Young said:
Found out someone in my family has cancer
I'm sorry to read this. Is it beginning or already very advanced? If it's not too advanced, you might want to concider getting an experienced naturopath involved. My father-in-law (great guy) started out with skin cancer (costed him a lymph node with some minor complications), and eventually went to the brain, where they tried to remove it several times through surgery. He also got chemo and radio. Last year he was finally found cured (which means that they couldn't find anything for at least 1,5 years(?) since the last surgery). He was able to survive this with help from naturopathy (improve his health to be able to withstand the side effects of all the therapies better) and always staying positive.

Maybe you can pass the tips on. If there's a chance to fight the cancer with all means possible: grab it!

californiajeninca

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Love_Young, TeresaLynn, and BB for all the information. I worry a lot. I can't help it, I'm a Cancer (despite what those science people say) and Cancers are worry warts. It doesn't help that I am one of those people that doesn't take the tag off the bed because it says not too. So if rules are ambiguous in any way--Panic Attack city! I'm just glad that I managed to do something right. Wine also helps. I noticed the change from California to S. Ontario has changed my wine palate, love the Casarsa.

It isn't easy when someone in your family is sick or when they pass away. I've had unexpected death and prolonged illness take my family members away from me and the loss is still painful now. I know the heartache that comes, but you do find comfort in family and friends and whatever your beliefs you hold. LY and TL you both have people here who care about your wellbeing and are supporting you all the way.

I went to the CIC website and saw the "working on applications received on 1 mai, 2010" I think the techies working on the site have been celebrating St. Patricks Day a little too early. Feb is almost over we may see some pre-spring scurrying at Vegreville.

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
Question : If someone is here on a multiple entry visitors visa...should they apply to extend from within Canada before applying for Spousal PR? Can they?

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
Love_Young said:
I followed it since Sept 09 and I liked it much better on the other server. Such a shame about the spam. And in the past year or so it has gone down tremendously. I know your name on there. Hehe. My old username for here and there was ColorMePanda but I changed it because I didn't really like the name anymore. I didn't change it on that site though because well...I forgot to and now just too lazy. Try to hold tight dear. I know I will have panic attacks even more than I do now come my turn. I too stress about EVERYTHING. Like hubby tells me, if I have nothing to worry about anymore, I create another thing to worry about. Its sad but true. If ever you need help holding your chin up, I will be here for support. Good luck!

P.S. Maybe if we could get some of our family from here to join that site as well, the traffic will pick back up again. ;) Also some piece of advice my hubby gives me when I am stressing out is, "What good is stressing going to do? Is it going to make it it go any faster? Is it going to help you get through it any better or give you an answer? Don't worry unless you are given something to worry about." And so right now suenim, you have not a thing to worry about. Worrying doesn't get us a positive or negative answer, in fact it does nothing but harm our health.
Aww. Thanks love. My hubby thinks I stress too much as well. He immigrated 20+ years ago and his parents did everything so he has no idea how it works... he was too young. Someone on that other board who applied on May 10th just got decision made today. :eek:. So they are def working faster than the May 1st posted. Super nervous now!

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
boasorte said:
I found out about it googling "decision made on Feb 16, 11", and the thread where it was written was one of the top ones.. haha

It's really good to know they are a little pass that date said on CIC website, I bet 'suenim' will be the next one. :):)
So close. I guess I will have to wait at least another week. Oh well... after 9+ mths... I am as patient as can be - NOT ;D. Let's hope for the best.

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
suenim said:
So close. I guess I will have to wait at least another week. Oh well... after 9+ mths... I am as patient as can be - NOT ;D. Let's hope for the best.
Best wishes for you, I believe you'll hear good news very soon, get the wine ready for your celebration ;)

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
Good luck Suenim!!!It is really close indeed!

Good news for me- I could not resist and called cic today, the additional info I sent back in November was attached to our file. Yay! Other than that nothing else, there is another 30 days to the decision on my WP extension as well. I keep myself busy and I had a promotion offer for the future- I am getting a manager position in May. :)

cutieshashie

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
01-03-2011
suenim said:
Aww. Thanks love. My hubby thinks I stress too much as well. He immigrated 20+ years ago and his parents did everything so he has no idea how it works... he was too young. Someone on that other board who applied on May 10th just got decision made today. :eek:. So they are def working faster than the May 1st posted. Super nervous now!
omg!! we should hear something really soon suenim :)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
suenim said:
You're welcome. :) And that is true, the rules were so different back then and having your parents do it isn't the same. And wow seriously? That is really fast. See I told you they work past that but I don't think anyone wanted to really believe me. Try doing exercise, cleaning, a hobby, just anything to keep you occupied. I know I can tell you that you are going to be approved but that doesn't calm the nerves until you see it but trust me. You will be approved. ;) And if you aren't, then I will have to kick someones butt. Lol.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
californiajeninca said:
Thanks Love_Young, TeresaLynn, and BB for all the information. I worry a lot. I can't help it, I'm a Cancer (despite what those science people say) and Cancers are worry warts. It doesn't help that I am one of those people that doesn't take the tag off the bed because it says not too. So if rules are ambiguous in any way--Panic Attack city! I'm just glad that I managed to do something right. Wine also helps. I noticed the change from California to S. Ontario has changed my wine palate, love the Casarsa.

It isn't easy when someone in your family is sick or when they pass away. I've had unexpected death and prolonged illness take my family members away from me and the loss is still painful now. I know the heartache that comes, but you do find comfort in family and friends and whatever your beliefs you hold. LY and TL you both have people here who care about your wellbeing and are supporting you all the way.

I went to the CIC website and saw the "working on applications received on 1 mai, 2010" I think the techies working on the site have been celebrating St. Patricks Day a little too early. Feb is almost over we may see some pre-spring scurrying at Vegreville.
You are very welcome CJ. I hope you find my tips helpful. And don't worry I am worry wart for sure. It runs in the family. I am a Pisces and they are usually more intuitive which can hurt you sometimes but usually a bonus. But if there was an award for worrying, it would go to me and my mom for sure. ;) And thank you so very much for your kind words. They truly uplift me.

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
hey,I am on maternity leave right now, and I know it's not the same as waiting for your OWP to come through, but i am have been taking cake decorating classes to keep me busy while I am off. It's a lot of fun, just a suggestion, if anyone's interested.