20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
tozo said:
well for me to advice on this issue , is you son listed as accompanying dependent or not accompanying dependent?

if he is not accompanying you at the time of PR application then when you ready to sponsor him ,someone has to fill the the form for him and sign on his behalf as a minor........cic was trying to make it clear to you that dependent 18 yrs and over need to fill their own application sign by them.since he is a minor someone has to sign for him on his behalf......on the medicals since its was not stated on the AIP letter that u redo it i think medical result has been received .
Did its state on the Ecas that medical result have been received?.....if not i guess you will be ask to redo it again.
Hi Tozo

Thanks for replying.

Yes, I list my son as an non-accompany family member on my application. So let me try to repeat your words to see if I got you because I'm worried I may misunderstand something, hope you won't mind.
So you think that the CIC was just trying to tell me / make it clear that if I want to have my kid for PR this time then I have to send an application for him to Hong Kong office since he's under 18. On the other words...since he's not applying this time, so I don't have to do anything (I've alreday made him done the medical exam and sent it to CIC-V). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

About medical part, I haven't seen anything about it on my Ecas but I knew they received it on Aug 25, 2010 which according to my FOSS. They also received my New Zealand criminal record on Nov 2010 where I've lived for 1 year after 18 and I included the criminal record from my hometown in the application at the very beginning. However, CIC didn't mention anything about these on my AIP letter.
I don't know if it's normal ... ???

lotionice

Aug 2, 2011
:D i'll be landing on 12 Oct!!!
my friend told me that i gotta go out of canada and come in again, in order to get the stamp on passport as "real landing"?
is it the truth?
on the letter, they listed one thing - Proof of undertaking issued by the Ministere de I'immigration et des Communautes cultrelles du Quebec (MICC)... WHAT"S THAT??!!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
lotionice said:
my friend told me that i gotta go out of canada and come in again, in order to get the stamp on passport as "real landing"?
is it the truth?
on the letter, they listed one thing - Proof of undertaking issued by the Ministere de I'immigration et des Communautes cultrelles du Quebec (MICC)... WHAT"S THAT??!!
CONGRATULATIONS!
No, no, no, and no you do not exit Canada to land. The only ones who do that is Outland applicants. That is why as much as you want to relate to friends on immigration manners you have to be clear with each other on which process you applied through or else you will get confused. Your friend sounds like they applied Outland and had you applied that way, they would be correct but you applied inland. You will be landing at a local CIC office. The reason this is, is because the WHOLE process takes place within Canada meaning you don't leave during it and you don't leave to land. It should say on your letter what address you go to and time you show up. Reading that should have actually cleared up some worry on how you land but I understand your concern. Now you know.

As far as things go for Quebec, I am afraid I don't know any standards for them. Hopefully someone can help you out with that soon.
What is your local CIC office, Montreal or Quebec City?

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AmandaHsu said:
Hi Tozo

Thanks for replying.

Yes, I list my son as an non-accompany family member on my application. So let me try to repeat your words to see if I got you because I'm worried I may misunderstand something, hope you won't mind.
So you think that the CIC was just trying to tell me / make it clear that if I want to have my kid for PR this time then I have to send an application for him to Hong Kong office since he's under 18. On the other words...since he's not applying this time, so I don't have to do anything (I've alreday made him done the medical exam and sent it to CIC-V). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

About medical part, I haven't seen anything about it on my Ecas but I knew they received it on Aug 25, 2010 which according to my FOSS. They also received my New Zealand criminal record on Nov 2010 where I've lived for 1 year after 18 and I included the criminal record from my hometown in the application at the very beginning. However, CIC didn't mention anything about these on my AIP letter.
I don't know if it's normal ... ???
Hi AmandaHsu
Normally with accompanying dependent,the cic will after you have landed will send his file to his home country visa office that where they are going to contact him to request all the necessary document for them to process his application.so by doing his medicals when its has not been requested, the visa office of his country will request him to redo his medicals and possible DNA test just to speed the process up because you added him as non- accompany family member which means he will be joining you at a later date when you get approved.
Again if you added him as an accompanying family member then the visa office will contact him and have his documents and medicals sort out for him to be issue with the visa.

well if your medicals did not show up in the Ecas and its has expired hopefully cic may ask you to redo the medicals again because if its appeared on the Ecas like medical result has been received,then i can say that your medical has been received and no need to redo it.let hope they dont ask you to redo it again.

Medical, security, background checks and other verifications for person being sponsored are of the second stage so hopefully they are working on it but its does not show on Ecas unless they requested it which then shows on the Ecas as we received the requested information on date xxxx and thank you for providing the information.As you said they have received you checks from new zealand and your home country so hopefully they are working on them for the second stage......its normal the police checks does not show on Ecas unless they requested them.

Hope this will help you clear some doubt. ;D :D 8)

thanks

lotionice

Aug 2, 2011
Love_Young said:
CONGRATULATIONS!
No, no, no, and no you do not exit Canada to land. The only ones who do that is Outland applicants. That is why as much as you want to relate to friends on immigration manners you have to be clear with each other on which process you applied through or else you will get confused. Your friend sounds like they applied Outland and had you applied that way, they would be correct but you applied inland. You will be landing at a local CIC office. The reason this is, is because the WHOLE process takes place within Canada meaning you don't leave during it and you don't leave to land. It should say on your letter what address you go to and time you show up. Reading that should have actually cleared up some worry on how you land but I understand your concern. Now you know.

As far as things go for Quebec, I am afraid I don't know any standards for them. Hopefully someone can help you out with that soon.
What is your local CIC office, Montreal or Quebec City?
thanks love young, u always around here to help!
my local CIC office is montreal :D

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
08-04-2011 Police Clearence
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
Love_Young said:
gigi1612: It seems as though, as you already know, that they are still unfortunately waiting on your RCMP check to arrive back to them. They requested it on July 12, 2011 as they wrote next to there. I did do some research and heard that some RCMP checks can take upwards of 4 months to process. So lets hope you hear something this month, if not, I would say November at the latest. I am hoping earlier for you though. Good luck. Thanks for sharing your news with us. :D
Thanks Love_Young for taking the time to look into the time frame for the RCMP check. Hopefully by novwember I will get my landing letter!!!

I gave you +1 for this useful information. :)

nicole1204

Oct 2, 2011
Hi Guys:
I am new here.
Yesterday I checked my status and got an exciting update, just have a little question.

We received your application for permanent residence on November 8, 2010.

We started processing your application on December 20, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on June 28, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

It still shows "In Process", and no words saying "we sent you letter...", does that mean anything? is there any possible i am been rejected? Or it's basically good news!

Thank you guys.

CEC

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nicole1204 said:
Hi Guys:
I am new here.
Yesterday I checked my status and got an exciting update, just have a little question.

We received the requested information on June 28, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

Congratulations, you have got your AiP!

Now you got to wait till they finish your background check.

It might take weeks or months till they finish your background/security checks.

Good luck

nicole1204

Oct 2, 2011
CEC said:
nicole1204 said:
Congratulations, you have got your AiP!

Now you got to wait till they finish your background check.

It might take weeks or months till they finish your background/security checks.

Good luck
Thanks a lot! That's definitely good news for my family! Hope they can finish the check before Christmas...otherwise there is another long waiting...

pengyuen

Star Member
Jul 7, 2011
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2011
Med's Request
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
12-07-2011
LANDED..........
17-10-2011
Hey nicole1204,
If your status still ''in process" and you don't see "we sent you a letter" it means your application still in process and after they check your backround and everything you will be good to go. If I'm not mistaken this is the fist stage approval and you need to wait your backround check for the complete your process.

nicole1204 said:
Hi Guys:
I am new here.

It still shows "In Process", and no words saying "we sent you letter...", does that mean anything? is there any possible i am been rejected? Or it's basically good news!

Thank you guys.

nicole1204

Oct 2, 2011
pengyuen said:
Hey nicole1204,
If your status still ''in process" and you don't see "we sent you a letter" it means your application still in process and after they check your backround and everything you will be good to go. If I'm not mistaken this is the fist stage approval and you need to wait your backround check for the complete your process.
Thank you pengyuen, just hope the 2nd stage will not take too long ;)

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I hope you all are OK. We are part of the INLAND APPLICATIONS 2011 forum, but I wanted to pick your brains about something as you are a more experienced group - we'll get there eventually :)

The background: I am currently sponsoring my wife, who lives with me in Toronto. Our application was received by CIC on Jan. 21st 2010, and processing started on March 7th. We pretty much sent ALL the required material, which included of course my wife's medicals as well as her police records (that is, FBI as well as FL police records.)

The situation: with the current processing times (10 to 11 months for first stage), we won't probably be hearing from CIC for another couple of months, by which time both her medicals as well as police records will be expired. In view of this, and despite the fact that she has not been required to do so by CIC, we already got the medicals redone to avoid additional delays.

The question: should we do the same for the police records? This type of info is only valid for one year, and it takes a fair amount of time to get it from the FBI. Although I understand the logic behind having to redo the medical examinations as people may get sick, I do not see the need of requesting new FBI records, as people can not go back in time and change what they did 10 years prior to coming to Canada. Does that make sense?

That said, if someone has been able to go back in time, please feel free to let me know how you do it ;D

Many thanks to all and have a great week.

S.

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nicole1204 said:
Hi Guys:
I am new here.

Thank you guys.
CONGRATULATION !!!! you just got first stage approval.......welcome to the thread and the waiting business. 8)

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Serendipity said:
Hi everyone,

[..]
The situation: with the current processing times (10 to 11 months for first stage), we won't probably be hearing from CIC for another couple of months, by which time both her medicals as well as police records will be expired. In view of this, and despite the fact that she has not been required to do so by CIC, we already got the medicals redone to avoid additional delays.
The medicals (and I think the police certificates too) can be extended if your doing inland and didn't leave the country in the mean time (or maybe short trips might be approved too). The problem is: there's no real information about this on the CIC website. I think I originally heared of it from one of the CIC agents on the phone. You might want to contact them and ask them if they can send you the written info (they can email it too you).

Good luck! :)

lotionice said:
is it the truth?
Cool, congrats! Hopefully I'll get a letter too tomorrow to land. :)
The undertaking from MICC is the Québec Selection Certificate (... as far as I know). They also included a copy of the original form you send for the undertaking (sponsoring), so just take along the whole envelope(s) that you and your sponsor received when the QSC application was approved.

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Okay, I just went to verify my Excel file with the online CIC residency calculator. I actually found a flaw in their system (or so I think): time spend inside Canada before PR is counted half, as it should. Time spend outside Canada before PR is counted full! So that means because of your trip, half it's length in days of the trip that you spend in Canada are not awarded thanks to that trip. This results in higher waiting times for the application date.

I sent a message to the CIC webmaster, we'll see what (s)he says. If so, I just did a huge favour to PR's that can't wait to get their Citizenship. :D