Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
That is awesome Jurjen, thanks. How does it total when you should request though?
I just put in my landing date and it says I should request in November 2013 (haven't left Canada in almost 3 years) when the site states June 2013, obviously that is if I have not absences.

Edit: Before I have any absences it recommends November 29, 2013 but when I input the 2 weeks I want to go on a trip next year it recommends November 15, 2013. Why not an increase in wait to apply instead of decrease?

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
The calculation starts like this: you can apply for Citizenship as of 3 years after landing, but if you spend time in Canada before that, you can count that time half (up to a year). So basically I programmed the formula to assume you actually spend that year before the PR landing in Canada. So in stead of having the wait 3 years after landing, it's 3 years - (1 year before / 2) = 2,5 years after your landing date.

About the trips: the final version is based on some older version that were a lot crappier. Forgot to turn the last - into a + while doing the last modification in the end formula. 'DOH!'
New version is online since 5 seconds. ;)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Jurjen said:
The calculation starts like this: you can apply for Citizenship as of 3 years after landing, but if you spend time in Canada before that, you can count that time half (up to a year). So basically I programmed the formula to assume you actually spend that year before the PR landing in Canada. So in stead of having the wait 3 years after landing, it's 3 years - (1 year before / 2) = 2,5 years after your landing date.

About the trips: the final version is based on some older version that were a lot crappier. Forgot to turn the last - into a + while doing the last modification in the end formula. 'DOH!'
New version is online since 5 seconds. ;)
Haha, oh I knew about how to calculate the actual time for Citizenship but thanks for explaining in case others might not know. However, in actuality you don't really need to wait 2.5 years. Only 2 years. Thanks for fixing it. :D

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
Hi LoveYoung

I received the letter dated on Sep 22, 2011...hope it helps on the chart, thank you.

By the way, I have a little question here. Anyone who has kids outside Canada or any suggestion, please help.

You might remember that I mentioned I have a kid outside Canada who's 10 years old, living with my ex and not applying PR this time.
Today I received my AIP letter and it mentioned :

"The overseas office in Hong Kong is responsible for processing the applications for permanent residence of your family members outside Canada.

Please note that application forms for your family members will not be sent by the mission. You or your family members are responsible for obtaining and completing the required application forms which must be sent to the Canadian visa office.

The required application forms IMM 8 and Schedule A for your dependents may be obtained by calling CIC call center or the website....

Please ensure that each family member aged 18 years or older completes and signs their own application forms and schedules. For minor aged family members please complete the form listing the eldest dependent as the principal applicant and listing the younger family members as dependents stating the relationship...."

My question is:

I have already sent copies of my kid's passport and medical things this July to CIC-V, I also listed him on my IMM 8 and background paper (Schedule).
According to the letter, did it mean that I have to get my kid to fill the other form again and send it to Hong Kong?
On the other hand, the letter didn't mention anything about medical redo, did it mean I don't need it since my medical exam paper was expired on this August...

Thanks for reading it and I appreciate any advice from you.

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AmandaHsu said:
Hi LoveYoung

I received the letter dated on Sep 22, 2011...hope it helps on the chart, thank you.

By the way, I have a little question here. Anyone who has kids outside Canada or any suggestion, please help.

You might remember that I mentioned I have a kid outside Canada who's 10 years old, living with my ex and not applying PR this time.
Today I received my AIP letter and it mentioned :

"The overseas office in Hong Kong is responsible for processing the applications for permanent residence of your family members outside Canada.

Please note that application forms for your family members will not be sent by the mission. You or your family members are responsible for obtaining and completing the required application forms which must be sent to the Canadian visa office.

The required application forms IMM 8 and Schedule A for your dependents may be obtained by calling CIC call center or the website....

Please ensure that each family member aged 18 years or older completes and signs their own application forms and schedules. For minor aged family members please complete the form listing the eldest dependent as the principal applicant and listing the younger family members as dependents stating the relationship...."

My question is:

I have already sent copies of my kid's passport and medical things this July to CIC-V, I also listed him on my IMM 8 and background paper (Schedule).
According to the letter, did it mean that I have to get my kid to fill the other form again and send it to Hong Kong?
On the other hand, the letter didn't mention anything about medical redo, did it mean I don't need it since my medical exam paper was expired on this August...

Thanks for reading it and I appreciate any advice from you.

well for me to advice on this issue , is you son listed as accompanying dependent or not accompanying dependent?

if he is not accompanying you at the time of PR application then when you ready to sponsor him ,someone has to fill the the form for him and sign on his behalf as a minor........cic was trying to make it clear to you that dependent 18 yrs and over need to fill their own application sign by them.since he is a minor someone has to sign for him on his behalf......on the medicals since its was not stated on the AIP letter that u redo it i think medical result has been received .
Did its state on the Ecas that medical result have been received?.....if not i guess you will be ask to redo it again.

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Cool! Seems like we'll be landing with 3 people of this forum together in Montreal soon! :D
(LotionIce is awaiting the precise date too.)

Love_Young said:
Haha, oh I knew about how to calculate the actual time for Citizenship but thanks for explaining in case others might not know. However, in actuality you don't really need to wait 2.5 years. Only 2 years. Thanks for fixing it. :D
So under a couple of conditions, it'll get the right answer. Reviewing the CIC rules again (after your remark on the 2 years), made me go back to the drawing bord. It's getting a lot more complicated with loops (formulas using each other's outcome), but it'll be a proper Mark II. Just beta testing will cost more time. ;)

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Okay, the new one is online.

To get equations balanced out, I need to add a new cell: the date on which we start counting. Since you're only allowed to include time in the last 4 years before applying, and the application date itself is pretty variable, also the 4 years in front of that when you can start counting is a big variable. So if you lived in Canada for 2 years before landing, you'll see the dates are being influenced a lot in what may seem weird ways. However it's an equation in which both sides contain variables from the other side... Or to put it like this: cell 1 uses data that cell 2 show and cell 2 is using the value of cell 1 which alters the value of cell 2, to which cell 1 has to adjust, leading cell 2 needing to adjust to cell 1, etc. etc.
So in the end, what you won't see directly is that Excel is calculating like crazy, correcting values until it balances out (it does each loop maximum 100 times or until it reaches an answer or 0.001 precision, which is way enough for calculating days). I got a whole paper here written out with mathematical and conditional equations, and some handwork to verify the formulas.

If people really think it's wrong, I can try to explain how Excel works these things out a bit more detailed. Just play around and you'll see what I mean. Just don't wipe out the formulas. :D

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
I can't see the the document any more. Thanks for all the hard work. :-*

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal

whiteapple

Star Member
Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I landed on July 25, 2011 at Vancouver.. til now no PR card yet.. :( any ideas when i'll get it? :(

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
whiteapple said:
I landed on July 25, 2011 at Vancouver.. til now no PR card yet.. :( any ideas when i'll get it? :(
I believe it can take anywhere between 2 to 4 months. I don't know why some are longer or shorter waits than others.
I got mine just a few days shy of 2 months. That was when times seemed to be a bit quicker.

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello Inlanders friends,
Any one else from June 2010 application waiting for second stage approval ?

I will finish 6 months after first stage approval, AIP & OWP no sign of second stage yet.........

My time line is:

We received your application for permanent residence on June 16, 2010.

We started processing your application on August 26, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on March 10, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We received the requested information on August 8, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
08-04-2011 Police Clearence
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
Mark_Anna said:
Hello Inlanders friends,
Any one else from June 2010 application waiting for second stage approval ?

I will finish 6 months after first stage approval, AIP & OWP no sign of second stage yet.........

My time line is:

We received your application for permanent residence on June 16, 2010.

We started processing your application on August 26, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on March 10, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We received the requested information on August 8, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.
Last time I called was friday, september the 23rd. The agent could not give me any new information other than my background checks are still ongoing. I got so frustated, luckily I decided to check my mail when I got home and I found a note saying my FOSS Notes arrived on thursday september the 22nd, and I could pick them up on the next after 1pm at the post office. I got them.

These are some pages of my FOSS NOTES:

PAGINE 0083

WORK IN PROCESS - LINES OF BUSINESS (LOB) DATE 09 SEP 2011

ID 1234-5678 FNME DOE DOB 12 MONTH 1234 AVRES SECURITY

ADDRESS TYPE: CDN MAILING

STREET NO 12 STREET SOMETHING BLVD

CITY TORONTO
PROV ON POSTAL CODE MXX 1X1

ACTIVE LINE OF BUSINESS (LOB):

LOB VERS REM EVENT DESCRIPTION CIC DATE

AFL 001 R IMM0703–RCMP CHECK REQUESTED 9518 12JUL2011
EA 001 DOCUMENT PRINTED 9518 06FEB2006

OPTION
C-CONTINUE E-EVENTS PD- PERSONAL DETAIL AS-AVRES SECURITY ML- MODIFY KOB R-REMARKS N- NEXT CH- CLIENT HISTORY M-MAIN Q-QUIT AL-AAD LOB FOR “AL” ENTER LOB

FOR “AL” ENTER LOB (VR/EA/SA/MP/EP/SP/AFL/PRC/DS/LN/PRD,ARC)

NO MORE LINE OF BUSINESS (LOB) FOR THIS CLIENT

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
gigi1612: It seems as though, as you already know, that they are still unfortunately waiting on your RCMP check to arrive back to them. They requested it on July 12, 2011 as they wrote next to there. I did do some research and heard that some RCMP checks can take upwards of 4 months to process. So lets hope you hear something this month, if not, I would say November at the latest. I am hoping earlier for you though. Good luck. Thanks for sharing your news with us. :D