18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Junglist82 said:
I had a applied for my FBI clearance letter, and just received it. But there was an error on it. It states that I was born in the Ukraine, instead of the UK. My family was deported from America in 2002 for overstaying our visa. I was only 15 when I moved there but was unaware that we was illegal.

Ive tried calling FBI and they have stated that I need to speak to the office who arrested us initially. Ive tried calling them but they dont have my details on their file. Ive called everyone I can but no one can seem to find my file, And this is the only thing i need for my PR application.
If I recall correctly, you only need to request police certificates from countries you lived AFTER turning 18 years old. If you didn't live in the US for more then 6 months after 15 years old, you don't need to request the FBI clearance. You might need to check the guide, but I'm pretty sure they don't count child's records.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Jurjen said:
If I recall correctly, you only need to request police certificates from countries you lived AFTER turning 18 years old. If you didn't live in the US for more then 6 months after 15 years old, you don't need to request the FBI clearance. You might need to check the guide, but I'm pretty sure they don't count child's records.
No, it is 10 years or since you are 18 whichever comes first. I definitely agree with everything you recommended Jurjen. ;)

tplink1357

Aug 19, 2011
sa_ja said:
I called CIC today

the guy was very nice:

he said they received all document we sent ( CIC requested an updated form)
that they also received CSQ on august 8th.

He said everything was alright in our file and to call them back at the end of october if we have no news by then ( this would mean after 10 months)

I asked about RCMP clearance....he said they already been requested...

So hopefully we'll hear something in 1 month.....

This wait is il killing both of us....glad we have a great relationship

it is very very long!

hang in there everybody !
We are almost the same. They received my CSQ on Sept 19.
I called CIC and they told me I may receive AIP in the middle of Oct.
One more thing I want to ask is: The CIC guy told me the second stage take 9 months for EVERYONE!!!
I really doubt that it could be much sooner. Any comments?

Junglist82

Star Member
Aug 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2011
Jurjen said:
Hi Jurjen thanks for replying.

I was 15 when I first moved there and I was 22 when we were deported. So from what ur saying I would still need one then?

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Love_Young said:
Can you ask them how they could possibly be putting anything on your file as far as where you lived and where you were born if they say they do not have a record. I agree it is strange. I wish I could help so much more.
FBI sometimes is not that efficiant... 20 years ago my ex tried to pass the border to go to Miami and he was stopped for almost 2 hours... ex's name, height, color hair, mother middle name, were the same of an American most wanted... finally they noticed that he was born in Europe then they let him go.... what they wrote on the file? N o t h i n g... they told him: do not go ever to Texas cause you will end in jail!!!

In your case, I will go to an attorney so they can validate the Birth Certificate, or go to your country embassy and asked them to validate your birth certificate with a sealed letter attesting that you were born in UK...

Cheers

sa_ja

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2010
Med's Request
15-09-2012
Med's Done....
25-09-2012
Interview........
-
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
tplink1357 said:
We are almost the same. They received my CSQ on Sept 19.
I called CIC and they told me I may receive AIP in the middle of Oct.
One more thing I want to ask is: The CIC guy told me the second stage take 9 months for EVERYONE!!!
I really doubt that it could be much sooner. Any comments?
I think you should very soon... You delay is already passed 12 months..... Even though we received CSQ 1 month before you... CIC told me we have to go with CIC dalays we are only at 9 months so i guess we still have to wait minimum 1 month!

I say you wil get news 15-20 working day after you CSQ ... Fingers crossed for you!

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Junglist82 said:
I was 15 when I first moved there and I was 22 when we were deported. So from what ur saying I would still need one then?
In that case: yes, you will require an American police certificate.

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello guys,CIC have updated their processing time.............its only 3 days jump and processing application received on october 29,2010. :eek: but i tell u they are way ahead as compared to the processing times they have on their page .its will be a super jump next i think.the waiting business is still on.

BenderS

Star Member
Jul 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 4 2010
Doc's Request.
August 23, 2011
I'm November 4th ... getting closer!

Hey any advice. I am the sponsor (applying to sponsor my sexy kiwi hubby) ... I got a job offer yesterday that's pretty tempting, is it bad if I switch jobs during the process?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
BenderS said:

Hey any advice. I am the sponsor (applying to sponsor my sexy kiwi hubby) ... I got a job offer yesterday that's pretty tempting, is it bad if I switch jobs during the process?
No, you can switch jobs whenever you like. At least that is what others have made apparent to me.

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
BenderS said:
Me Dec.8th. CIC has been incredibly slow in the past month. The long wait has been killing me and wife. It breaks my heart to see CIC moves only a few days in a week.

Who is the most recent one that just got approved?

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
Love_Young said:
No, you can switch jobs whenever you like. At least that is what others have made apparent to me.
Hi Love_Young. Could you tell me which page has your most up to date chart? Thanks a bunch.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Babyhangon said:
Hi Love_Young. Could you tell me which page has your most up to date chart? Thanks a bunch.
Hey Babyhangon, it is on page 469. I hope to update it today though. :)

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
Love_Young said:
Hey Babyhangon, it is on page 469. I hope to update it today though. :)
Thank you! So they have moved to Nov. 2010 cases. Who's next? I am getting more nervous over time. How I wish to pass all these behind and move on to the next stage of our lives. But thanks to this post, I feel warmer in the cold days.

lemony_20

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/10
Doc's Request.
13/09/11
AOR Received.
AIP 22/9/2011
Med's Done....
23/06/11
Interview........
TBA
LANDED..........
...waiting...
I received the letter for first stage today and it was dated Sept 22nd. :) Thanks again LY